The online racing simulator
What is up with this forum...
(81 posts, started )
Well people sometimes see what they wonner see, Like black is white and white is black so what the hell is a spade.
A farm boy accidentally overturned his wagonload of corn. The farmer who lived nearby heard the noise and yelled over to the boy, "Hey Willis, forget your troubles. Come in and visit with us. I'll help you get the wagon up later."

"That's mighty nice of you," Willis answered, "but I don't think Pa would like me to."

"Aw come on boy," the farmer insisted.

"Well okay," the boy finally agreed, and added, "but Pa won't like it."

After a hearty dinner, Willis thanked his host. "I feel a lot better now, but I know Pa is going to be real upset."

"Don't be foolish!" the neighbor said with a smile. "By the way, where is he?"

"Under the wagon."
Quote from FlintFredstone :A farm boy accidentally overturned his wagonload of corn. The farmer who lived nearby heard the noise and yelled over to the boy, "Hey Willis, forget your troubles. Come in and visit with us. I'll help you get the wagon up later."

"That's mighty nice of you," Willis answered, "but I don't think Pa would like me to."

"Aw come on boy," the farmer insisted.

"Well okay," the boy finally agreed, and added, "but Pa won't like it."

After a hearty dinner, Willis thanked his host. "I feel a lot better now, but I know Pa is going to be real upset."

"Don't be foolish!" the neighbor said with a smile. "By the way, where is he?"

"Under the wagon."

:ices_rofl

I think the forum is just fine although maybe the "n00bs" could be treated nicer
Quote from Quint999 :its amazing how people here are allowed speak to each other sometimes, although some are allowed much more leeway than others.

I feel the same way, but it's not so amazing after all: you just have to think you can mistreat people you don't personally know, and that probably will never see your face. The amount of cowardice of Internet is far above that of so called real life because of a perceived anonymity.
I take a different approach: I try to behave on the Internet exactly like IRL because Internet isn't something separate, it just happens to be part of my life, both professional and private.
i agree with percy a lot....it seems like you post....people critisize, and everyone takes it like lfs is life....its just a game, life is a silvia s13 drifting...not an XRT around blackwood.

Thus, and hereforth, thus, hereforth, tis correct yo!
Quote from harjun :its just a game

How I hate this sentence. It's a wrecker's stock answer when someone complains about being wrecked.
Quote from harjun :i agree with percy a lot....it seems like you post....people critisize, and everyone takes it like lfs is life....its just a game, life is a silvia s13 drifting...not an XRT around blackwood.

Thus, and hereforth, thus, hereforth, tis correct yo!

That just happens when you post.....and mainly cause you post stuff like this.
The progression of this thread.....

And I'm totally serious about that.
To make the forum more lively and less serious, I've calculated that we will need approximately 35% more postings by Spank, and approximately 28.4% more postings by Hank. And in future we will need to see some more of these emoticons displayed at the end of ALL our posts as well... :haha::jester::banana_ra:monkey:

End Communication. :monkey:
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Every other forum ive been on theres a really good atmosphere and you can post stuff for a laugh, or ask peoples opinions on anything.

Within reason, yeah, you can start any discussion in off-topic. Some people's idea of humour is really just meaningless drivel though.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :But on here everything seems so serious, and most people tend to just argue and argue with each other. For example the Jakg to be a moderator thread could of been and ideal target for a bit of a laugh and a banter but the mods seem to just spoil it all and close most threads that people enjoy to post about.

Actually I didn't mind that thread. Lots of threads that got closed could have stayed open if people didn't post so much crap into them.
Quote from HEAVYSET :Yeah, it's kinda like GTPlanet. They're a little stiff over there too. I think it has to do with the large number of members. With that kind of traffic, regulars become weary of seeing topics with the same old questions.

And then there are all the nationalities, as well. The simplest thing can lead to disagreement.

I find arguments among the anonymous amusing. They don't even know each other. Neither has any direct affect over the other's life, yet it's important to each to win the argument, so they go on and on. Hilarious.

I totally agree with that, I'm guilty myself but my patience with certain people is very, very low.

I think of it as tough love, you can see a new person bounce in, post away like they are the only person here to ever ask a question, do the same things that I've seen countless other people do, over and over, someone has to let them know.
Quote from HugeF1 :
I suddenly get the urge to paint myself blue, run around stark bollock naked and scream a lot?

thats a good idea
The only people getting flamed here are the ones who did post something genuinely stupid and/or can't be bothered to spell correctly or at least use a spell checker plugin of some sort. Especially if they're from a country with English as its first language.

Seriously, compared to many other gaming forums this one is like heaven, though the aforementioned group of people do drag it down lately. However, wishing this forum to be more like RSC is insane. The mix of slowness, the way of moderating and some of the contained communities plus the ignorance found in them make me outright loathe it. :irked:
Then again, I'm only really looking at a very small selection of sub-forums over there, so it might not be as bad on average.
It's a forum like any other.
It has a large population, and overall a welcoming and intelligent one.
Yeah, the exchange of opinion gets heated sometimes but bloody hell, this would be a boring place otherwise.

I think the mods do a great job of standing in the background and only intervening when absolutely necessary.

Heavily modded forums sh1t me to tears. This isn't a classroom!
#40 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg :
Just for the record, i have this account and only this account, however if you go back far enough you'll find out that i've got

.....no common sense. Everyone can see public froums(>2005). I must say I was very dissapointed to learn at one point in time you where being very counter productive to the development of this sim. Sorry for the stab there, but I feel it had to be sayed as you must not care because you left all those posts unchanged, why not delete them?
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
#41 - Gunn
Quote from CSU1 :.....no common sense. Everyone can see public froums(>2005). I must say I was very dissapointed to learn at one point in time you where being very counter productive to the development of this sim. Sorry for the stab there, but I feel it had to be sayed as you must not care because you left all those posts unchanged, why not delete them?

Geeez, way to pick a fight Mary-Anne. I'll bake you a birthday cake if you'll drop the subject (but do not request cheesecake, it makes me gag).

Jakg joined this community at a reasonably unripe age and I think he has integrated well into our online gaming community. While a little overly-suspicious towards demo racers driving FZRs at Kyoto Ring with "Nawz dawg Drif Bro" plastered across the rear, Jakg has striven to become a sim racer and a champion of the LFS cause.
He has matured as a racer and as a forum poster, and apparently he doesn't dress up like a vampire and hang out at churches any more these days, or at least I'd led to believe.
It's Christmas time, can't we all just get along? :wmann3:
#42 - Jakg
Quote from Gunn :Geeez, way to pick a fight Mary-Anne. I'll bake you a birthday cake if you'll drop the subject (but do not request cheesecake, it makes me gag)....

He's right though, he linked me back to something i heartily regret, and i'd forgotten about doing. It's now gone, and i'd like to think that buying 2 S2 Licenses has made up for it.
#43 - CSU1
cake will do thanks Im sick of crackers
#44 - Gunn
See? That worked out well. Who brought beer btw?
#45 - CSU1
...this one's on me

:cake: :grouphug:
Attached images
images.jpeg
#46 - Gunn
Quote from CSU1 :...this one's on me

:cake: :grouphug:

Good. Now, as per our arrangement, you furnish me with the life-sized Gwen Stefani Poster and the photo of David Hasselhoff at Kubuki Cho, and we're square. Don't renege on me or I'll send Rico & Tony around for a game o' knuckles. Capiche?
Wait, before anyone else posts, give me some time to make popcorn.
#48 - CSU1
Capiche, as soon as I bump off capo dea capi and mustache pete, then I get my outfit to source the goods, wiseguy's
#49 - Gunn
Quote from CSU1 :Capiche, as soon as I bump off capo dea capi and mustache pete, then I get my outfit to source the goods, wiseguy's

As long as we don't have another incident like in Boston, the Don says we'll take Chicago by Winter.
#50 - CSU1
Quote from Gunn :As long as we don't have another incident like in Boston, the Don says we'll take Chicago by Winter.

There dropping like flies off the books, me tony, rico and don are gonna hit the matresses and then ice up this joint and get rid of all the junk, anyway the Don's gone on the Iam and Chicago is a friend of ours, so no need to call the feds.
-
(ans7812) DELETED by ans7812

What is up with this forum...
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG