The online racing simulator
Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
I have used it up I used it for one day but then i gave up
You could try http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/ - it's a free renderer that, once you get your head around the material creation, is very good. It supports lots of different types of rendering.

It can import .obj files, or you can download a python script to export out from blender, or download a version of blender which integrates Kerkythea inside blender.
Attached images
Kerkythea_test.png
boo
Quote from RudolfR :Blender suck mates , use something other

Bad answer, Blender doesn't suck if you know to use it, be objective please, don't talk like a kid.

Quote from niall09 :i know it sucks but what else can i use?

Bad answer, Blender doesn't suck, it can make great things.

Quote from niall09 :Everything else costs money!

Good answer, Blender lets you use a complete free and competitive software.

Quote from RudolfR :I use 3dsmax 9

and you can have there 30 day trial

30 days? it that all? not enough to learn it and create cool things with it.

Blender vs 3dsmax:
  • The first is free, the other costs hundred $$$
  • Both can do excellent renders
  • By using the first, you assume the difficulties to learn it, and you're proud of that
  • By using the second, you are automatically suspected that you stole it
  • Learning is for winners (both Blender and 3dsmax)
  • Stealing is for losers, especially if you can do the same work legally and freely.
My Blender sucks, it just doesnt work, i know what blender can do but i just cant render anything
#81 - joen
Quote from RudolfR :Blender suck mates , use something other

A tool is as good as it's user. The stuff I see here is getting pretty good, if people continue to learn and improve it can probably get on par with renders from 3DS and the likes.
I have this error :"Python Script error. check console" when i try to export to Indigo...
Maybe you should check the console? The DOS style window that opens with Blender.
Quote from kurent :Maybe you should check the console? The DOS style window that opens with Blender.

download python
Now i'm downloading...let's hope it works!
Thx, it works now!
And this is a great tutorial!

EDIT: i'm now rendering whith indigo, and you know that the image, at the beginning, is not very clean...but should i already see textures? Because the body is still black, but the interior is already textured, if i'm seeing right. If i try with the blender internla render engine the body has it's texture....

EDIT2: now it's something like this:
indigo supports jpg and png texture files only.
But the skin is a Jpeg file...and the rims don't have any textures, i only edited the material in Blender...

EDIT: the headlights are perfectly textured...

That's what i got with Indigo: if i turn Ray mirror on, the body is black (probably because there is no background), if i don't it simply is without textures...i tried with jpg, tga and png textures...
Unless it has changed since I last used it, you need to just assign material names in blender, and then edit the materials (textures etc) using the indigo exporter.
Indigo is powerful and doesn't need very much parameter but is tricky to use. There are different material managements depending on the exporter you are using. The best thing to do is to learn how to use it and ask your questions directly in the dedicated forums.

I like Indigo but the material creation for it takes me so much time that I never succeeded to finalize a render with Indigo..
Thanks for the replies, i think i had messed up something with the materials, so i startet over again...i'll post the result!
Hm, now if i try to export to indigo, it's dos like window appears, does something (fast) and then indigo is closed...hmm. I'll try to do everything all over (again)...
Hey, i did some research and now i got this:

Using Kerkythea rendering...i know theres that weird shadow on the hood, but i'm working on it...
Ok, I followed the tutorial word-for-word, but my car comes out all black and white, with no textures at all! The textures do show up in the preview window in blender. Any idea what I've missed? Perhaps it could be something to do with the layers?

Can anyone help me? Thanks, ted209.

PS Fixed it!! Yafray doesn't like .png texture files.
Quote from robps :This is mine currently, having a horrible time getting the glass to look right (so in this shot I tried increasing the number of polys on some of the glass and turned off smoothing).

Using Indigo 0.7 beta 5, probably shouldn't have used an environment map, but never mind

I want to know how to make blurred reflections like that on this picture in Blender. Can somebody help me?
Does anyone have a copy of the .rar files pack from earlier links, I can't seem to get that download to work off of the link. The one with all the converted cmx in it all ready. My script .py file isnt working with the version of blender that i'm trying to use. I have signed up on that web site too but when I try to download it, I just get page cannot be displayed...

Thanks.

Once I have those I can try out this awesome tutorial.
richy I thought you figured this out already. The link to the obj files in my tutorial are the obj files that were converted with the py script!
Quote from kurent :richy I thought you figured this out already. The link to the obj files in my tutorial are the obj files that were converted with the py script!

I want to do the other cars too. Trying to get the py script to work so I can convert them but no luck so a pack with all the cars in would be cool.
Quote from richy :a pack with all the cars in would be cool.

I agree, that's why I included ALL the cars in my tutorial! The "LFS_cars_obj.zip" contains all the cars of LFS. How are you not getting this?
This thread is closed

Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG