The online racing simulator
land rover
(18 posts, started )
land rover
why not have a landrover type vehcale and a couple offroad trial courses

it may/has be suggested before but i dont think as a land rover
#2 - garph
Because I don't think it fits in with LFS at all.
well its racing and its about speed over a rough course, if so then remove autocross the two are very similar in priciple
#4 - garph
The rallycross/autocross are racing against others on track at the same time. Trial is about racing the clock and possible time penalties, more like single player hotlapping and not really a multiplayer online racing sim.
um i see what u saying but the simrs runs in a similar way
Quote from garph :The rallycross/autocross are racing against others on track at the same time. Trial is about racing the clock and possible time penalties, more like single player hotlapping and not really a multiplayer online racing sim.

Uhh autocross is exactly racing against the clock and possible time penalties, and it has been welcomed by a lot of LFS users- and it has been used a lot online.
Autocross is not rallycross by the way, the two are very different, autocross is more like what we call auto-testing in the UK.

I'm not sure about a Landrover, but I think there's definitely some room for a more off-roady element to LFS, be it against the clock or whatever (but I can think of a lot of things I'd rather have).
i would'nt mind having a land-rover, but i would much prefer having a Baja-Truck

Win.
I think we should have at least one of every kind of racing vehicle you can think of. But we'd need some more rallycross tracks (and maybe a bit of work on the dirt-based physics) to make any Baja class worth adding, since they'd be too quick to fit on most of the tracks.

Go Ironman!
I think that it could be cool to have some trial events yes, the physic engine is so good to simulate this type of driving I think
+1
What about a bog standard Defender?
i would love to have some kind of fat assed suv for offroading/stunt survers.
i don't think there is a place in lfs for a big beefy off-road car/truck. it's really in the title "live for speed" not "live for dirt" i have played a few games where there ae alot of off-road challenges (mercedes world challenge) and tbh it wasn't up to much. maybe a dune buggy for the rally x tracks but that's as far as i would go because there is no tracks in lfs that would "challenge" the off-roaders to an extent where it would be enjoyable.

eg, the landrover defender v the rb4 on bl rally x. and the winner is......you've guessed it (a car we already have)

and now i will unsubscribe to this thread as i think it will go down hill fast (see how i used an off-road term back there lol) .
Quote from dadge :and now i will unsubscribe to this thread as i think it will go down hill fast (see how i used an off-road term back there lol) .

But the new Defender has the HDC (Hill Descent Control), so no worries.

But seriously:
I'm a great fan of the Land Rover, but unless we get new very different tracks then it wouldn't be usefull. I would LOVE a winch challenge track though!

It would be kind of stupid to make a track that only the Land Rover can drive on. And if you'd make the track drivable with other vehicles the Land Rover wouldn't be competitive.

Besides it wouldn't be a Land Rover, it'd be a Boxy Off-Roader aka BOR. Or would that be the version with the slicks and wings and stuff...

A trophy truck would be more fitting to the theme of this sim. But again we lack the track. Hey! That rhymes!
Quote from garph :The rallycross/autocross are racing against others on track at the same time. Trial is about racing the clock and possible time penalties, more like single player hotlapping and not really a multiplayer online racing sim.

I take it, you don't realy have much desire for ACTUAL rally implemented then, do ya?
And I'd like to see SUV's in LFS, just so I can laugh at them when they flip over. :evil:
Quote from dadge :i don't think there is a place in lfs for a big beefy off-road car/truck. it's really in the title "live for speed" not "live for dirt" i have played a few games where there ae alot of off-road challenges (mercedes world challenge) and tbh it wasn't up to much. maybe a dune buggy for the rally x tracks but that's as far as i would go because there is no tracks in lfs that would "challenge" the off-roaders to an extent where it would be enjoyable.

eg, the landrover defender v the rb4 on bl rally x. and the winner is......you've guessed it (a car we already have)

and now i will unsubscribe to this thread as i think it will go down hill fast (see how i used an off-road term back there lol) .

Try THIS:

RB4 vs. Land Rover Defender Dakar Rally edition at Blackwood rallycross.

The results will be interesting to say the least.

This is even better:

Same cars as above in the Dakar Rally.

land rover
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG