Quote from Goldfingiz :I've never heard a BOV being called a "dump valve." There is such thing as a dump tube (which comes off the wastegate) but i've never heard the term "dump valve."

Seems like some people in here are trying to argue with minimum/no knowledge of forced induction.

The term "dump valve" exist:P we say it in norway:P it dumps the pressure..:P also call it "Avlastnings ventil"
Wow, this thread's hilarious! I have NO idea about turbos but I was interested in a new BOV sound for LFS. Now I don't care about either because I'm having such a good chuckle reading this

Keep it up lrdbsi, good work. Swearing like some 10-year old (while writing like a 3 year old) and abusing people will always get you more respect than just explaining your point of view. I gotta give the admins credit too - they are showing great restraint in not banning you forever. Like I said, keep it up
Quote from lrdbsi :rofl, iv never spent any time in a workshop, just done jobs on my cars and mates rides, yes u - da - man at saying technical stuff, i admit, and yes a party would be good as i will cater for u and all of ur fellow pc geek walking talking dictonary conpanions,

You'll cater for me? As in, bring me food and drink whenever I want it? Nice

As for PC Geek Walking Talking Dictionary Companions: I'm not going to deny PC Geek bit (although most of my friends wouldnt know a cocker spaniel from a computer). But the thing is, I do know and understand all those simple terms I mentioned above. I use them at university and at work. Now, if you know about these things too (which would be a good thing), you'll be able to discuss a few of them with me. I haven't mentioned anything particularly complicated. The Stochiometric combustion stuff is really quite simple...
He's just a poor confused little ECU chip from a turbocharged car (maybe a ?Vauxhaul Nova).

We should respect the cultural differences and accept homosexual chavs.
does anyone have the original sound i accidentily overwrote it
Monkeh, we probably all have the original sound, but I think it may be illegal to post such files...I'm not sure though - a dev or admin would know for sure. You could always re-install S2 and get it back.
thanks ajp71, saved me downloading the whole game again
Quote from tristancliffe :...Stochiometric combustion...

That would be Stoichiometric according to google .
Indeedy you are right! Why do I consistently miss out the first i?
omfgroflmaolz
hehe, this is funny shit, cant be bothered being smart anymore, just wanna say i got a integra rsi doch vtec just last week, i am getting a 10g loanm from bank and ima order a supercharger kit from the states, bring me to around 230-240 hp its a bolt on kit all that is a required is a spacer gasket betwen the head and the block to lower compression slightly, ima not fit it as i will **** something up, im leaving that to beyond preformance for hondaz, peace

B===D --- > (())
All class, you are

(remedial English class )

On that note, I think this thread has outlived its usefuleness
This thread is comedy gold. :ices_rofl I wonder will it ever end. :munching_

lrdbsi: About that jibberish you just posted, it's DOHC not DOCH. Do some people really think its DOCH or do they just typo it very often? Somehow I'm not surprised that a person like you drives a Honda
And fitting a decompression plate between the block and the head will increase you chances of head gasket failure ten fold. I can't understand why people do it.

Then you'll need to get the fuel system totally recalibrated, probably fit bigger valves to get any real benefit from it. I'd leave the decompression plate, and fit either shorter conrods or custom pistons - choose carefully and they aren't that expensive...

Oh, and if you are fitting a supercharger, don't expect much increase in power - perhaps 2o or 30hp at most. The real gain is with low down torque, so perhaps when trying to 'show off' you should quote the peak torque figures. If the kit itself quotes hp figures, DO NOT buy it - the people who 'make' it obviously don't know what they are talking about.
Quote from tristancliffe :And fitting a decompression plate between the block and the head will increase you chances of head gasket failure ten fold. I can't understand why people do it.

Then you'll need to get the fuel system totally recalibrated, probably fit bigger valves to get any real benefit from it. I'd leave the decompression plate, and fit either shorter conrods or custom pistons - choose carefully and they aren't that expensive...

Oh, and if you are fitting a supercharger, don't expect much increase in power - perhaps 2o or 30hp at most. The real gain is with low down torque, so perhaps when trying to 'show off' you should quote the peak torque figures. If the kit itself quotes hp figures, DO NOT buy it - the people who 'make' it obviously don't know what they are talking about.

As much as arguing with lrdbsi would be pure enjoyment, i'm gonna have to disagree here. Depending on what Supercharger you use, you'd expect to get at VERY LEAST a 20% increase in power over standard, its forced induction . Seeing this thread though, I think lrdbsi would go with this type: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electri ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
how do you get them to work?
any sample or preview ? ( would be nice )
Boy, I totally missed this thread. It's indeed hilarious
Quote from lrdbsi :hehe, this is funny shit, cant be bothered being smart anymore, just wanna say i got a integra rsi doch vtec just last week, i am getting a 10g loanm from bank and ima order a supercharger kit from the states, bring me to around 230-240 hp its a bolt on kit all that is a required is a spacer gasket betwen the head and the block to lower compression slightly, ima not fit it as i will **** something up, im leaving that to beyond preformance for hondaz, peace

B===D --- > (())

There's almost no limit to how much you can gain from forced induction, so 240 bhp isn't really that impressive, true it's a lot of power, but the engine will be highly stressed and you'll be screwed if you want to sell it, look in Autotrader and there are always a collection of Supras chipped between 500-800 bhp, thing is no one with a brain will buy these as they're totally shagged.
he just knows nothing, but tries to look like he does by saying stuff like that... 10 grand for 240 hp? Why not buy a faster car in the first place?
I don't here any dump sound at all with your DumpValve.raw?
Hmm.. First i tried with your DumpValve.raw in the Xrt and then the Xrr. Nope, no sound. Closed Lfs, changed to my old, original DumpValve.raw and then it worked again...
#98 - ndiw
I tried this one, it works but sorry i just don't really like it. but i prefer the 'hks' one. i don't even like the original one.
i have same prob as Bosse i don´t here the DumpValve sound at all.
Quote from ndiw :I tried this one, it works but sorry i just don't really like it. but i prefer the 'hks' one. i don't even like the original one.

Link to that?

BOV (dump valve) chat thread
(340 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG