The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
Quote from GTR_Yuni :That's odd. I now have the files but still cannot run MecaniK S2. I placed the program into my LFS folder but I can't get it to run.

What's the error message you're getting ?
Noticed one strange thing. When I load a preset it complains about it:

The preset is loaded though, so what's up with the message?
the weight option is simply an 'offset' that effects only the weight of the engine. try a negative value, although don't go too far with it, the car can go a bit mental
Quote from Hyperactive :Noticed one strange thing. When I load a preset it complains about it:

The preset is loaded though, so what's up with the message?

i assume its related to this bug:

if you load a preset from somebody whos machine (as set in control panel/regional and language settings) uses a different decimal point than your own youll effectively load very high values as tweak completely ignores the decimal points
Quote from Shotglass :i assume its related to this bug:

if you load a preset from somebody whos machine (as set in control panel/regional and language settings) uses a different decimal point than your own youll effectively load very high values as tweak completely ignores the decimal points

I was trying to load my own preset
A cool thing i noticed is that when you tweak your car extremely. Like 5000 HP.. When you full throttle, you can see the fuel gauge drop very quickly. So the fuelconsumtion is based on enginepower. And not the cartype.

Im glad that this is just a sim and not real life.. Otherwise i would be a poor poor man. Burning litres in seconds..
Yep, we knew this over a year ago when we first quizzed Scawen on how he was going to do it.

I think the drag car I made needs 9% of fuel in the tank just so that it doesn't run out of fuel before it hits the quarter mile mark.
like i said we (i) really need a no consumption no damage no tyre wear/heat mod to go along with lfs tweak

so far i was able get my bl1 times down to ~0:50 ... but the suspension is pretty much done for after a single lap
I think it's more fun to keep the damage.
No victory without peril.
Actually I love seeing how quickly a drag car will eat tyres and drink fuel.

I do agree, I would like a way to increase the durability of the suspension (rather than removing suspension damage completely).
If you made a real life 450MPH tweak-beast and started throwing it about hard, i've got a funny feeling you'd be beefing things up to take the strains of pulling 5g's+

ATM it's mainly the fact that the cars are virtually standard except for engine and transmission tweaks, that lets the program down a little, so i'm trying to stick with more realistic tweaks for now. 2Ltr XFR's and a 1380cc (roadish spec+tyres) UFR to simulate the average Fast mini etc.

It's amazing to me how little you have to do to a car to change it into something compeatly different
Quote from Fonnybone :It's based on LFS 0.5P, so it WON'T work correctly on any test patches.

Are you planning to make MecaniK compatible with 0.5Q?
Quote from Bob Smith :Actually I love seeing how quickly a drag car will eat tyres and drink fuel.

i agree that its fun as long as you want to play around with somewhat realistic cars or if you want an added challenge during online play ... but if you just want to go mental and create something that will go from 0 to 720 in under a second its just annoying
Hmm. Can we expect some new values in mecanik or is it just fine tuning from here on?

EDIT: removed lots of...
yo Fonnybone, mecanik works good here

good job man

did you will made a version of mecanik for patch Q ???
Quote from HENKE63 :I have LFS S2 ALPHA P and i patched it with LFS_S2_ALPHA_PATCH_P5.. I also downloaded MecanikS2_P05 and extracted it to my desktop but when i run LFS then go to open Mecanik it says "Run-time error 713" Cant find file MSSTDFMT.DLL. Can anyone help me?

Get the file at http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt
Then START -> RUN -> And paste this ->

regsvr32 %systemroot%\System32\MSSTDFMT.dll
Quote from McAzerty :How can I let the XF GTI go 400 km/h ?

Guess there are 1000 ways to do that... but nothing beats the sound of a 8 liter single cylinder..
http://chrisnes.tihlde.org/xfg400.avi

MecaniK S2, LFS S2 0.5P
Saloon

-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from Dj-Aeri :"No car found, select a car!" message appears.

I'm using MecanikS2_P05.exe with LFS_05P.exe

¿What's the problem?

use mecanik P0.1 or 0.2 , these work well.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Any help on the MSSTDFMT.DLL error? the one where is says it needs to be installed on your system, I have it in Windows folder System and System32, along with the LFS and Mekanic folders aswell. Any help is greatly appriciated. !--*EDIT*p02 Works but p04 and p05 don't*EDIT*--!
same for me, but im fine, i got what want as long as P0.2 works im happy
Does anyone have a link to the older versions of the Slickmod? It would help to have those R1 slicks =)

Great Mod, I've always enjoyed this and LFSTweak. Works great once you get the old abc in there.
Quote from that1boredguy90 :Any help on the MSSTDFMT.DLL error? the one where is says it needs to be installed on your system, I have it in Windows folder System and System32, along with the LFS and Mekanic folders aswell. Any help is greatly appriciated. !--*EDIT*p02 Works but p04 and p05 don't*EDIT*--!

Have you read the posts?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3209&page=6
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG