The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
Scawen, can you please check the attached mpr, got this problem when joining the race on "bug test server". when joining into the race, the car was just thrown into the wall just because it was joining in the garage of another player.

PS. something more, when watching a replay, if you press pause button and then press F3, "paused" message will blink faster
Attached files
WE1_race_5L_2R_2F.mpr - 23.8 KB - 267 views
Quote from alxf1 :when joining into the race, the car was just thrown into the wall just because it was joining in the garage of another player.

I have had this happen even in the demo with patch W, in the blackwood carpark. The chance of it happening is just much higher when more players are in the server.
I installed W40 above W17(unlocked, as far as I remember), and it locked. I tried to unlock it several times, but LFS says "Unknown command". I tryed incorrect game password, but lfs says "Incorrect game password", so game recognizes it.
I checked f*.xxx files: f1 is new, but others are not.
I have just copied f*.xxx files from my W installation and it's ok now.

W can be unlocked ok.
Quote from AttaHorse :I installed W40 above W17(unlocked, as far as I remember), and it locked. I tried to unlock it several times, but LFS says "Unknown command". I tryed incorrect game password, but lfs says "Incorrect game password", so game recognizes it.
I checked f*.xxx files: f1 is new, but others are not.
I have just copied f*.xxx files from my W installation and it's ok now.

It's a "common" thing that Scawen forgets to update the master server to allow unlocking for new versions... see also here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25332 So I it's not a real patch connected problem.
ok, so not a bug BUT an idea to help with the vote problem with all the disconnects etc. would it be possible to maybe put a button in the connections menu (like the send setup button) to toggle on/off that will then automatically vote to restart after a votes been canceled once the person has connected/disconnected? probably wouldn't work, but just an idea that popped into my head. would just have to be careful it doesn't automatically vote when the race restarts
Scawen, would you consider putting some logic in wrt what garage people appear in if they join mid-race? A couple of times i've being doing a pit-stop and someone has joined the race and started from the garage that I'm currently doing my pitstop in. But they've driven straight out of the garage and knocked me out of my pitbox and messed me up. If someone joins midrace, could you put them in a garage who's pitbox isn't currently being used?
BUG?

Network fatal connreset did not receive ok that message popped up when i was have way trough downloading skins.
wat about the people that come out of the pits and jack the car up and you feel the feedback and cange the pit lane to how ever many people can join say 46 theres 46 spots are racing thats how many spots in pit lane there are and everyone has there own pit spot
wow u have large capacity lungs there josh!
Quote from joshm1989 :wat about the people that come out of the pits and jack the car up and you feel the feedback and cange the pit lane to how ever many people can join say 46 theres 46 spots are racing thats how many spots in pit lane there are and everyone has there own pit spot

I cannot even say that with one breath!
Scawen, got some JOOS when trying to go to the garage on the Bug test server. Don't remember the exact text as I had to leasve the server, but someone may remember it... It could have something to do with the race being full.
Hi Scawen few of my friends and me were racing today on AutoPlus S2 server. And all the sadden everybody disappeared I could only some my self and also they couldn't see me and I couldn't see them no one could see no one by them self xD.

is this a bug or what????

Now I can't even log onto the server it says "Did not receive guest info Lost connection to the host".

I'll keep u informed!

RGDS

Milanche

10 minutes after still can't connect

edit: patch was w39
Haven't read through everything, but I can't reach the master server with the latest patch
Quote from danowat :Haven't read through everything, but I can't reach the master server with the latest patch

can only be that you forgot the firewall
-
(danowat) DELETED by danowat
Took 3 attempts to connect, First time, Lost connection / Did not recieve track info.
2nd. NETWORK FATAL :CONABORT (or similar)
3rd time got through in a queue of 5.
nm, fixed
Out of 3 connections to the test servers 2 connections were successful and once i received "did not receive guest info" after waiting in a queue of 2.

I am also suffering with bad stutters when people join the server, is anyone experiencing the same thing?
18.40h GMT left bug server2, on reconnect I get 'username already online'

A few minutes later all was fine (I updated to W41 in the mean time)
Quote from Pakalulu :18.40h GMT left bug server2, on reconnect I get 'username already online'

A few minutes later all was fine (I updated to W41 in the mean time)

For me the same at #1
Thank God that it's just a stress test. That many people on a server just raises the DH level. Still I bet no-one punts Scawen up the backside!

Seemed to work pretty smoothly for me though.
Quote from Doorman :Still I bet no-one punts Scawen up the backside!

Seemed to work pretty smoothly for me though.

I done it to Vic on the first night of the stress testing
Quote from Doorman :Still I bet no-one punts Scawen up the backside!

He is of the LX pursuasion, I couldn't clock which one but LX at South city is good (if you can actually drive it well)
Guess the /reinit failed?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG