The online racing simulator
If there is Power Boost system in LFS, you propos which type?
1. ECU contral (e.g. A1GP)
2. N2O Gas (e.g. NFS)
3. Brake Fcous Feed Back (e.g. 2011 F1GP)
4. Other
4. - JATO rockets
#3 - Mako.
I go with being able to tune the ECU maps, but only for cars in the GTR class.
This is realistic, but even so, do we realy need MORE stuff in LFS? IMO I would love to just have everything else buttoned up and finished first, rather than jumping into a ton of different directions and never getting anything done.
If there is any form of power boost system, it should be appropriate to the car.

For FPA and ChampCar style cars, increased turbo pressure. For A1 type cars (not really like the FO8), ECU.

I hope they don't bring KERS in as a button thing...

But only on cars that would have it! And not on the current cars.
#5 - Jakg
What about.... off?
4. none.

I don't need Nawz.
#8 - joen
4. None.
1 - But for a Specific car
all.
#11 - Gunn
I'd most likely stop racing if there were a power boost button.
None.. I don't see any cars in LFS that would warrant it.

Maybe we need to have Kitt added for S3 :cool:

Regards,

Ian
Absolutely no boosting

Maby we can put an atomic bomb, up in the as. of the uf1000. When ignited it will get a little more HP
4. I've always liked the idea of boost control in the TBO's, but that would be only good when engine damage and cooling effects are properly modeled.

When I say boost control, I mean a set up slider like 5psi |------|----| 20psi or similar, and you slide it about. Of course higher boost = engine heats up much faster, which is why we need good damage modeling.
Quote from Ian.H :None.. I don't see any cars in LFS that would warrant it.

So that's no to an FPA, A1GP or ChampCar then
Quote from VTiRoj :4. I've always liked the idea of boost control in the TBO's, but that would be only good when engine damage and cooling effects are properly modeled.

When I say boost control, I mean a set up slider like 5psi |------|----| 20psi or similar, and you slide it about. Of course higher boost = engine heats up much faster, which is why we need good damage modeling.

I don't think any cars in LFS (at least currently) would have such a system.. most of these are aftermarket add-ons aren't they? I know mine was and it only had a 2-way switch... 25psi or 40psi but naturally wasn't running a stock turbo either

Regards,

Ian
Quote from duke_toaster :So that's no to an FPA, A1GP or ChampCar then

I wouldn't drive them if they were in the game anyway.. not an open-wheel fan in the slightest.. tintops all the way for me and preferably street cars like the TBO / LRF classes

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I don't think any cars in LFS (at least currently) would have such a system.. most of these are aftermarket add-ons aren't they? I know mine was and it only had a 2-way switch... 25psi or 40psi but naturally wasn't running a stock turbo either

Regards,

Ian

The TBO's do have full adjustable suspension, transmission, brakes, etc. So a boost switch wouldnt be too out of place. But I do see what your saying.
Quote from duke_toaster :So that's no to an FPA, A1GP or ChampCar then

Bring back F3000 good simple honest racing car with none of the silly gizmos to apeal to a mass audience, thankfully LFS already has one and that's the non-F1 modern big winged single seater box ticked IMO. Move on to historics anyday

LFS should be kept pure and have one decent big single seater like it does than 12 crappy ones like rF.
Quote from VTiRoj :The TBO's do have full adjustable suspension, transmission, brakes, etc. So a boost switch wouldnt be too out of place. But I do see what your saying.

I'd love to get rid of the majority of the adjustments to the road cars in LFS, seeing as atm the cars people race have little relation to road cars.
Quote from ajp71 :I'd love to get rid of the majority of the adjustments to the road cars in LFS, seeing as atm the cars people race have little relation to road cars.

Why on earth would any one in his/her right mind race fully stock road cars?

The TBOs are road legal TRACK cars! NOT road cars!
No, they are road cars. If they were road-legal track cars they would have rollcages and stuff like the back seats would be stripped out.
Quote from Jamexing :Why on earth would any one in his/her right mind race fully stock road cars?

The TBOs are road legal TRACK cars! NOT road cars!

Not necessarily fully stock setups, more much fewer setup options and less precision and availability of the perfect setup. IRL most racing cars don't have nearly as much adjustment available as the road cars in LFS which have limitless gear ratios, I'd prefer fixed gear ratios with a choice of a few different final drive ratios. Normally one can't just change the diff within the rules. I can take road cars that would normally have an open diff having an LSD, but not a locked diff, next you'll be telling me we need active diffs.
Quote :LFS already has one and that's the non-F1 modern big winged single seater box ticked IMO. Move on to historics anyday

They are radically different!

CCWS has turbo and ground effect and FPA is like a bigger, heavier, more powerful F3 car that's overall slightly slower.

LFS could have 3-4 new S/S cars. FFord (1600cc, looks goofy with no wings), FBMW (Bike engined, good power to weight ratio, rather small), CCWS style (2.65L turbo V8, ground effect), FPA and maybe an IRL type car (as seen as they are running both road courses and oval cars).

You mentioned historics, what about a height of the turbo era F1 car and a height of the ground effect era car
Quote from duke_toaster :
CCWS has turbo and ground effect

Nearly all modern single seaters create a low pressure under the car to give some ground effects, similarly nearly all modern championships reduce this effect by setting the minimum ride height higher, to improve safety both in terms of cornering speed and far more importantly prevents the risk of sudden loss of aerodynamic grip when a car bottoms out. Champ cars have skid plates to prevent them from producing the ground effects of old, just like F1 cars have barge boards to prevent them from producing ground effects.

Quote :
and FPA is like a bigger, heavier, more powerful F3 car that's overall slightly slower.

The FPA is very different to an F3 car it is very unusual in using an aluminium honeycomb tub and a smaller turbo charged engine. In the right hands I think you'd find a FPA could be as quick as an F3 car it's just that generally they are driven by idiots who think they are racing drivers.

Quote :
LFS could have 3-4 new S/S cars. FFord (1600cc, looks goofy with no wings), FBMW (Bike engined, good power to weight ratio, rather small),

Whilst I like the idea of a wingless single seater would a FBMW really get used, I think everyone would just go for the FOX in the end of the day seeing as in all honesty it's pretty much the same thing.

Quote :CCWS style (2.65L turbo V8, ground effect), FPA and maybe an IRL type car (as seen as they are running both road courses and oval cars).

In the real world IRL and CART cars are the same thing and would just end up being a less popular F08.

Quote :
You mentioned historics, what about a height of the turbo era F1 car and a height of the ground effect era car

Now you're talking

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG