The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
Im just wondering , will the WR's be deleted , example .. FZR is more slower etc.
Quote from Mike85 :I think I found a minor bug not related to servers or anything.

When you drive, if you hold the throttle and press the "windows" key simultaneously, then when you return, the throttle is still pressed. You have to press the throttle again to depress it. Im using keyboard.

Basically, when you exit with the "windows" key, it still keeps the button pressed.

i know, this is olso with the steering wheel
meh, i dont mind, i never go windowed, unless its for insim/outsim
having big fps problems (like <10 fps) while using shift+U mode, maybe anyone else has the same problem? Been tested on 3 servers now.
Problems im getting with W39
Hi,

Ive just started getting problems with my computer trying to connect to a 47 connection Host. Yesterday i was doing the same thing but wasnt getting any problems im getting now. What seems to happen is i get between the guest info and the screen showing people (there is a black screen) i get stuck there and my computer freezes. I havent expirenced this problem along time ago when i was trying to connect to a full server with a layout. I did a virus/Spyware scan and Disk Defrag aswell and a disk clean up. Is it my pc again or is there something wrong where people are expriencing these problems?

Thanks,

Matt
Yes , when Shift+U , FPS is dropping down alot

Maybe there is possible something to not freeze my lfs ? my friends have same problem , thankyou.
Hi Scawen,

I have noticed strange behaviour of the servers after you raise the number of players(connections).

Just saw it on W39 test server full of people as well.When I see message "new guest connecting" after a short time all lag bars getting really high and it goes down after the player get connected.Sometimes is same happening when player left pits.

I dont know how this can affect other players,for example by dropping someone, on the server
but I guess something might not be correct.I really dont know if this can have some neggative effect but I dont rememer I saw this behaviour before.

If this doesnt cause any issue,then sorry to bother you with that.

I can also confirm the issue with SHIFT+U.FPS now drop sorry for that word but like hell.I have like 80-160 FPS and with SHIFT+U it drops even to 17FPS or even less.I am pretty sure it wasnt like that before and its not my computer.(Just qucik spec A64 3200+,2x512MB ram,7900GT 256MB ram).

EDIT:attached picture.Just 1 car on screen and 22FPS?Also it dropped suddenly few times to like 6 FPS There is really something wrong with SHIFT+U now.With TV cameras there is non drop from the usual behaviour.
Attached images
P1030816.JPG
Think behaviour is not new just more noticable on a 47 server that is full.
However how many of them will be that full and with that many joiners and leavers.

It is a good test though and definetly something to improve. Dont hope its a patch stopper though.

EDIT: confirming the shift U drop in FPS. Dont know if its new since i rarely use it.
#58 - FL!P
I was on the test server with about 35 other people, and it was quite a pain between each race to get enough of us to vote to restart in the same "window". I think votes to restart should remain valid at least twice as long.

Also is it indispensable to reset all the votes each time someone connects? Because it really doesn't help in these situations.
My FPS also getting very low when using shift + u, but that's maybe because of small VRAM (128MB) and high-res texture mods and AA/AF.
Good suggestions
Quote from FL!P :I was on the test server with about 35 other people, and it was quite a pain between each race to get enough of us to vote to restart in the same "window". I think votes to restart should remain valid at least twice as long.

Also is it indispensable to reset all the votes each time someone connects? Because it really doesn't help in these situations.

+1 on your suggestions. It's already a hell of a job to get a race restarted sometimes. With more people on a server and a constant connect/disconnect, restarting is almost impossible.
Quote from FL!P :I was on the test server with about 35 other people, and it was quite a pain between each race to get enough of us to vote to restart in the same "window". I think votes to restart should remain valid at least twice as long.

+1
Got message when connecting to Bug Test server:

"Did not receive message from all players
Lost connection to host "

Also when I am on the host and I see message that new skins get downloaded,then there is small yellow text which just blink quickly(i dont see what is says as its showed like few ms) and at that time there is small freeze like 1/2 sec maybe less.Can be very bad at race(btw my connection is 5Mbit).
Quote from DEVIL 007 :There is really some wrong with SHIFT+U now.With TV cameras there is non drop from the usual behaviour.

I can confirm that as on the test server I tried to use it, but I couldn't - the fps dropped to 0-2.
Quote from Yaamboo :I can confirm that as on the test server I tried to use it, but I couldn't - the fps dropped to 0-2.

Same here, I tried it last night when all the x/ufr's were on the test server. I went to shift+u for a nice camera angle but the fps was so low I couldnt really get where I wanted to.
Couple of similar issues.

When logging onto a server with hires skins enables but you have no credit and there is a lot of cars on track and new skins to download, lots of messages about no credit, this caused big lag for me and others on server. Now obviously people with no credit shouldn't have hi res skins enabled, but, say they only have enough credit for two skins and don't realise when they log on, they get the first two skins but then it gets laggy while it's checking if you can afford each skin or not.

Also it's possible that someone doesn't know they have it enabled until they log on, causes uneeded lag.

My ideal solution would be that if you can't afford the first skin it doesn't keep checking if you can with every skin, but to not check for any more until the next time you run LFS.

Now after switching hi res skins off I get this.

Second problem was that the general time it takes to check for skins seems to have increased, the usual pause when someone leaves the pits and the game checks to see if you have their skin or not is longer than before and in my opinon causes problem.
#66 - FL!P
Black screen with Shift+F4
I got the black screen thing triggered by Shift+F4 a couple of times in single player mode (in W39). Unfortunately it seems to occur randomly and I can't reproduce it at will. Is there some way to get info for Scawen, in this case? Had it happen in Mac OS X I would have run Sample against LFS, but in Windows I don't know what to do.
Quote from FL!P :I got the black screen thing triggered by Shift+F4 a couple of times in single player mode (in W39). Unfortunately it seems to occur randomly and I can't reproduce it at will. Is there some way to get info for Scawen, in this case? Had it happen in Mac OS X I would have run Sample against LFS, but in Windows I don't know what to do.

i will try.

Update i pressed the shift F4 30 times and no black screen.
Quote from FL!P :I got the black screen thing triggered by Shift+F4 a couple of times in single player mode (in W39). Unfortunately it seems to occur randomly and I can't reproduce it at will. Is there some way to get info for Scawen, in this case? Had it happen in Mac OS X I would have run Sample against LFS, but in Windows I don't know what to do.

I only got about 1 second of black screen when changing from full screen to windowed in about 50 attemps.
What version of windows are you useing and are your graphics drivers upto date. I run xp pro without any problems.
#69 - FL!P
Quote from ninja469 :What version of windows are you useing and are your graphics drivers upto date. I run xp pro without any problems.

XP Pro SP2, ATI Radeon X1900 XT, drivers up-to-date. I tried to reproduce it again, but I couldn't.
#70 - J.B.
I've already had it twice but I can't reproduce it by hitting shift-f4 50 times in a row.

Radeon x1950 Pro XP SP2 7.5 and 7.4 drivers.
I also got the black screen in W39 tonight.

Can't reproduce it

Seems to me it's not only got to do with Shift+F4 but also with additional applications that are running at the same time, as it only happened to me when I had something like Firefox or Media Player running parallel to LFS.
Some kind of gfx initialization that fails or something, as I see the black screen often when I Shift-F4, but usually I only see it for half a second max.

CU, Sebastian
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Also when I am on the host and I see message that new skins get downloaded,then there is small yellow text which just blink quickly(i dont see what is says as its showed like few ms) and at that time there is small freeze like 1/2 sec maybe less.Can be very bad at race(btw my connection is 5Mbit).

I think thats "Saving Skin" message, converting and saving as dds to disk.

Just another thing which I didn't see mentioned so far: in MPRs messages like disconnects and timeouts are no longer recorded, is that intended or a bug? MPR message block is 0 in cfg, and pitting messages are still there. I'm not sure in which test patch it started (probably W9) but it was there in W, and no longer there in W25 and later (those replays I just checked). Its maybe not a big thing, just it would make reviewing league races easier like before.
#73 - DeKo
Quote from FL!P :XP Pro SP2, ATI Radeon X1900 XT, drivers up-to-date. I tried to reproduce it again, but I couldn't.

Quote from J.B. :I've already had it twice but I can't reproduce it by hitting shift-f4 50 times in a row.

Radeon x1950 Pro XP SP2 7.5 and 7.4 drivers.

Yeah, ive got an x1900XT. really seems to be a ATI thing, dont think its much to do with LFS.
its not just an ati thing
i have a 78gtx and sometime during the u test cycle it started to happen (never had it before or if i did it was very very rare like once every 6 months) very often the first time i ran lfs it went black with shift f4 (iirc closing lfs and starting it again completely solved it for that windows bootup)
now with w39 it appears to be gone or at least hasnt happened yet
Does it make any difference if you started LFS in full screen or windowed?

In one old version the black screen on SHIFT+F4 was reproducable if LFS originally started in full screen or windowed (can't remember which).
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG