The online racing simulator
rotary engine wankel??
(55 posts, started )
Quote from Blowtus :rotary's vibrate pretty strongly at low rpm. Forget the reason - intake pulse not strong enough or some such? Dunno. When mine gets down below 1500rpm it lurches all over the joint.

What I was emphasizing was the fact that rotaries have very little to no detectable vibration at operating revs, like when you're racing or driving hard/fast. Anyway, good point, but V-8s vibrate all the time.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, a carbon fiber hood would take some weight off the front. (A PAINTED carbon fiber hood of course). And, you could put the battery in the back.

Well, you could do all of that with a Rotary engine, too. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Personally, as much as the Rotary is a spark of genious in my eyes, there is no replacement for a V12. I just love the big guys. Loud, throaty, etc and all that jazz (Im too tired to continue the sentence with the correct words... brain falling asleep...)
Found a german DTM racecar
Attached images
mazdarx-5.JPG
Quote from Jamexing :Last time rotary Mazda went prototype racing, it was banned after its maiden win/race, on the grounds of "unfair advantage".

Lack of vibration, lack of mass, MASSIVE power to weight ratio, compact dimensions..... no wonder normal piston petrol engines looked like dinosaurs.

+infinity for adding a properly performing rotary engined car in LFS, though with turbo modelling as bad as it currently is, I just wish they get all the current engines right first.

Don't you just love that? You do something right for once, and they go and yell at you for it, then proceed to kick your butt out the door.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The LS1 isn't all that big you know. I just don't see the point of a rotary engine. The LS1 is only 200lbs more, more power, more torque, better fuel economy, why are rotarys so good? They arent IMO.

You won't ever get it, so don't burden yourself with even trying, ok?

you could also watch the videos in my thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=439513#post439513

rotary engine wankel??
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG