The online racing simulator
24h of Kyoto broadcast
(184 posts, started )
I don't understand any words now lol, but I believe Mika is doing interviews right?

I think I'll leave the announcement up there for a while until this all closes down, anyways thanks Orion for all the hosting and web and.. whatever it is that you did lol, whatever it was you did a good job at it.

Sorry Ben I couldn't race for you guys at LOTA, but I'm up here in Dahlonega, I would have raced if I wasn't here.
Quote from AndroidXP :
Yes, you heard right, the whole 24h alone
And I think Danny even won the TBO class!

I cannot get my head round the idea that someone would want to do that

Incredible, it would be like torture to me.
I think he has enough of playing LFS for a month (or two, or twelve) now
We ended up being ok. Three of the Merc guys bailed us out.
Looks like you guys had some last few laps fight there with Clownpaint Racing on the same lap at the end there, congrats for the league finishing 19th though.
Yeah, it was tight there at the end.

Clownpaint had some really bad luck, too, which helped us out.

We were 27th around midnight, so 19th is a great recovery.
anywhere I can download the whole or parts of the broadcast? I'd also love it if someone would make a highlights real in english.
Unfortunately, i had to miss the stream and the Monaco GP to go Karting and get soaked

All LFS needs is a gentle transition from Day>Night>Day and we'll have our own little Mini-LeMans!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :We ended up being ok. Three of the Merc guys bailed us out.

Yeah and what an event it was! We've known about this event for a whole 3 days! Not to mention the fact none of us have driven the combo, I myself had only driven it a couple a times before with the FXO but that was eons ago.

Turned out to be a fun event!
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :anywhere I can download the whole or parts of the broadcast? I'd also love it if someone would make a highlights real in english.

I'm pretty sure cyber|Misko is working on doing some highlight vids. dunno if they'll have commentary, though.
All i can say is congratulation to the winners and the podium, and also to Buenos Aires Racing that squeezed though the table and ended in 13th place, it was their first endurance race, I'm really happy that one of the argentinian teams did that well be aware of us! I'm willing to participate in the next event
Quote from RiGun :All i can say is congratulation to the winners and the podium, and also to Buenos Aires Racing that squeezed though the table and ended in 13th place, it was their first endurance race, I'm really happy that one of the argentinian teams did that well be aware of us! I'm willing to participate in the next event

We at Land Of The Free really enjoyed being on the track with you, your drivers always passed cleanly and without drama. We, and League of the Americas would be happy to see you participate in our inter-league races!

I came up with a slogan for the event:

"I raced the 24 hours of Kyoto and all I got was this stupid disconnect".
*runs to make the T-Shirt *
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, it was tight there at the end.

Clownpaint had some really bad luck, too, which helped us out.

We were 27th around midnight, so 19th is a great recovery.

understatement, two of our drivers were struck by lightning, literally, Janis Monitor failed because of the storm and niki had a few discons because of it. Tracker didn't help much by the end of the race it was a few laps behind and also DaveWS had PC issues and i'm not exactly fast with a wheel yet.
Quote from AndroidXP :I think he has enough of playing LFS for a month (or two, or twelve) now

His next Race will be in 1 or 2 weeks. an ESL-Race
Quote from BenjiMC :understatement, two of our drivers were struck by lightning, literally, Janis Monitor failed because of the storm and niki had a few discons because of it. Tracker didn't help much by the end of the race it was a few laps behind and also DaveWS had PC issues and i'm not exactly fast with a wheel yet.

Fair enough. You guys still gave a great chase once we got ahead of you.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I think all of this is very good LFS

BTW:Frank your english was nice
MY German is actually worse

euhhh I didnt say a word in English did I? :P
Well anyways, I guess there is a lot confuzion going on, so im gonna give you an idea:

ORION / Frank / (me! haha) - head orga, together with Chrinaeg.
Actuall I only wanted to make the website, but somehow it turned out that I had to do most of the things in the end... anyways

Mika Radmer - the guys who moderated the stream all the time!

Husky / Danny - that crazy dog, racing 24h alone
Well, I'm pretty disappointed with myself after we had a 1.5 lap lead over ZT last night.

It was really a dreadful 2 hours or so of driving for me. In my first stint, I was extremely nervous and then had a complete suspension failure which cost me a minute limping back to the pits, then I got disconnected a few laps into my next stint which cost us about another 2:20. After the disconnect I managed to open the tracker and forget to close it before rejoining the server, so every 30 seconds my game would virtually freeze while the tracker refreshed in the background. Not easy to put up with for 45 minutes! To make matters worse, my confidence was decimated and as bond hadn't any charge left in his phone, he couldn't be reached, and misan had only just gone to bed. I had to keep driving with define until about 6:30 AM. Fortunately without any more mistakes this time, but I was only able to push at ~95% with the lacking confidence and I was having real trouble passing the slow cars without losing time.

At one point we were 2 laps behind ZT, but some great driving from my team mates got that down to about 4 sectors within a few hours, and then with about 20 mins to go it was down to 1 lap and 4 seconds. I told bond the situation and that he might have some fun trying to get us unlapped, then, out of the blue, ZT #024 got 1 lap deducted for a shift-p over 23 hours earlier. I really thought at this stage we would see a titanic battle for the win, the gap was 4 seconds and closing with about 15 minutes remaining now. Unfortunately bond got a bit of traffic and was unable to close the gap, but I think we were provided with some real excitement for a few minutes at least .

In summary, a few minutes of madness from me really cost us in this race. I think Hendrik, Teemu and Jari really drove superbly, they were driving like men-possessed in the second half of the race, Hendrik especially!.

Thanks to ZT for organising such a great event, and, overall, while disappointed with myself for losing us the win, P2 is a great result considering it's the team's first endurance event, and ZT really drove at an outstanding pace throughout.

BTW - Victor: It would be really great if we could see the last lap time of each driver, and possibly their fastest lap too, on the live progress page. It would stop us having to count it ourselves .
I would like to thank the LOTA organizers for inviting me and Osoi to race in this outstanding event. We had a great time overall.

The 050 LOTA 2 team had a difficult time early on and lost some laps because of a few offs. We fought on and did the best we could. We got some great support from Team Mercury. As a result, we didn't have to drive in the ugly hours of 2AM to 6AM our time. We made great progress during the night coming from 27th back up to 19th by the end.

I would like to apologize to any LX6 or micro GTR that I may have abused. It took me a stint or two to get the rhythm of the passing down. I tried to be ultra patient and not push things, but still, some bumps happened. One LX6 I punted coming out of the chicane. It happened I think because they expected me to try and pass them in the chicane, but I wasn't going to try that. They took a weird line, got loose, and I couldn't stop in time.

Overall, it was a fantastic event! Well done.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Fair enough. You guys still gave a great chase once we got ahead of you.

You guys knocked on our door so many times And the shift-p killed us Great driving, LOTA.

Also, great race, LOTF 528, I always remember u guys' cars as you guys are always in front of me during my stint
Damn, yesterday I got on vent and tired to find out what server Team ZWR were racing at. One of the guys said it's a private event on a private server that i cant log to. And they had frankennagies website in their sig, makes me
feel dumb now, these guys were racing a 24HR event, and my stupid A** was distracting them. (unintentionaly)

I feel so bad for missing this, but i would have needed to get up at 5AM and watch till 9:00AM. Needless to say, I woke at 2:00PM.
-
(Michael Radmer) DELETED by Michael Radmer
Hello Guys! Thanks for watching our broadcasting and replying so much feedback about the commentary. Sorry, that there was not so much english commentary inside the cast, but in the future i will bring more so everybody can understand the stream. I hope
Great job, Mika.

I have had that one Offspring song stuck in my head now for a full day, though, damn you! ;]
Well done to everyone that was in the race, i was watching some of the streaming and it looked fantastic fun i just wish i'd entered myself into a team. The guys that did the 24 hours on their own deserve some sort of prize, it's absolutely crazy lol i'm knackered after about 2 hours of driving!

Well done!

24h of Kyoto broadcast
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG