The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W26
(117 posts, closed, started )
It happened all the time (before this patch) on long circuits (FE Black, KY GP Long). When they pass the finish line, LFS stores their knowledge in memory.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Hi guy's I never downloaded a patch yet,always waited till auto download,could someone give me a quick guide?.

Open the first post of this thread here.
Click the patch link there and download the LFS_TEST_W26.exe into your LFS directory. When the download is finished, just run it and click the Execute button. When it asks to overwrite some files click Yes to All. After that, you are ready to go.
even better:
1) copy your LFS folder and rename it to something like "LFS test patch"
2) download the zip file at the start of this thread and open it
3) drag/copy all files from the zip into your new folder, overwriting anything (you won't lose anything, and you're backed up now anyway)

I just like to use the zip file as you have more control over where things go... many people mis-use the exe file archive.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Could someone point me in the direction of the max cars allowed on each track (particularly FE Black)? I did a search but it didn't return much....
1. I'm getting a mini lag when someone exits the pits(joins the race)

2. I've wrote about helmet skins, I didn't get that working. If I copy any helmet skin to the skins directory (lets say I just copy default HEL_BF1_NH.jpg to HEL_alx.jpg) and when I run LFS, going to options, player, click to select the helmet skin... and the new skin is not in that list...
This doesn't happen with car skins...
Quote from alxf1 :1. I'm getting a mini lag when someone exits the pits(joins the race)

2. I've wrote about helmet skins, I didn't get that working. If I copy any helmet skin to the skins directory (lets say I just copy default HEL_BF1_NH.jpg to HEL_alx.jpg) and when I run LFS, going to options, player, click to select the helmet skin... and the new skin is not in that list...
This doesn't happen with car skins...

It seems to work for me. I tried exactly what you said and saw the skin when I clicked on the helmet skin selection button.

What is your setting for "Car and helmet skins" in Graphics Options?
Quote from nikimere :Could someone point me in the direction of the max cars allowed on each track (particularly FE Black)? I did a search but it didn't return much....

err.. anyone?
Quote from nikimere :err.. anyone?

32 on all other tracks, except So Sprint 1&2 and FE RX Green. Maybe AS Cadet too, I am not sure about that.
Quote from geeman1 :32 on all other tracks, except So Sprint 1&2 and FE RX Green. Maybe AS Cadet too, I am not sure about that.

Thanks for the reply. Would be nice if we could get figures from Scawen with max number of cars allowed on each track.
Try adding 20 AIs, if you can't-well then there you go.
Quote from felplacerad :Try adding 20 AIs, if you can't-well then there you go.

Don't think that works. I already tied adding 32 AI's to FE Black and i could only add 19 or 20....
Quote from Scawen :It seems to work for me. I tried exactly what you said and saw the skin when I clicked on the helmet skin selection button.

What is your setting for "Car and helmet skins" in Graphics Options?

it was set to "Full", I've set it to compressed, restarted LFS, and I can see the skins now in the list. thanks.
Quote from alxf1 :it was set to "Full", I've set it to compressed, restarted LFS, and I can see the skins now in the list. thanks.

OK, I reproduced the bug as well - thanks - I've made a note and that should be fixed in the next test patch.
#64 - Jakg
Quote from nikimere :Don't think that works. I already tied adding 32 AI's to FE Black and i could only add 19 or 20....

you can only EVER add 22 AI's to a race - or 19 if your in-race
Quote from Jakg :you can only EVER add 22 AI's to a race - or 19 if your in-race

Ah right, thanks. Still waiting for some confirmation on how many car are allowed on each track... Scawen?
Did i miss it already posted somewhere?
#66 - J.B.
Quote from Scawen :
Pit instructions fuel load can now be adjusted in 1% steps

Could this be made optional? 1% steps are too small for quick adjustments during races and I would have to redo my scripts to change it back to 5%. ATM I map two wheel buttons to ctrl+F7 and ctrl+F8 whenever I go into the live menus and ctrl+f7 and ctrl+f8 are set to /press left and /press right by autoexec.lfs.

Come to think of it I would just have to create two new script files and set ctrl+f7 and ctrl+f8 to /run newfile. So not that much hassle after all but I'll just post this anyway, maybe it's interesting to someone.
Quote from J.B. :Could this be made optional? 1% steps are too small for quick adjustments during races

I agree. But really this was just an excuse to echo the request for an "Add X%" at pitstop option, then you wouldn't have to make the quick adjustments at all (if, for example, you decided to come in 3 laps early).
Quote from sinbad :But really this was just an excuse to echo the request for an "Add X%" at pitstop option, then you wouldn't have to make the quick adjustments at all (if, for example, you decided to come in 3 laps early).

Agreed, I would still really like to see this too.

/OT
Quote from askoff :Open the first post of this thread here.
Click the patch link there and download the LFS_TEST_W26.exe into your LFS directory. When the download is finished, just run it and click the Execute button. When it asks to overwrite some files click Yes to All. After that, you are ready to go.

will the auto download feature still work,or will i have to manual download all patch's from then on ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :will the auto download feature still work,or will i have to manual download all patch's from then on ?

Any official (non-test) patch will be installed automatically.
Quote from felplacerad :Any official (non-test) patch will be installed automatically.

Thank's should i get any bug's when downloading this ?
Anything you install from this TEST patch forum may corrupt your LFS installation. It is a forum for TEST patches, bugs are bound to be found. If you dare not risk it, don't install a test patch.

Though, most people get out alive.
Quote from felplacerad :Anything you install from this TEST patch forum may corrupt your LFS installation. It is a forum for TEST patches, bugs are bound to be found.

If you dare not risk it, don't install a test patch. Most people get out alive though.

Because i have league race tommorow and there on new patch,not sure what to do ?
Shouldn't you be having this discusssion with the league organizers then? If they're confident enough to organize an event using a test patch I guess the patch has proven to be rather stable / bug free.
Quote from felplacerad :Shouldn't you be having this discusssion with the league organizers then? If they're confident enough to organize an event using a test patch I guess the patch has proven to be rather stable / bug free.

Thanks mate,last question will i still be able to go onto the last patch's servers ?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W26
(117 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG