The online racing simulator
Another New Guy...
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Mako.
Another New Guy...
Yellow... good color, eh?

Well, looks like we have aonther member finaly coming on board! I've played the demo a bit with a PS2 controller, and have imporoved a lot, but have always hated how jittery the steering is with the analog stick. I'e gotten a 1.36.00 with the XFG on BW-GP forward, and a 1.41.00 with the XRG on BW reverse so far. But after a while, demo status got to me, an I got fed up with the "sticks" so I stopped playing.

I have decided to finaly get S2 and a DPF, and get more into LFS. I was going to shell out $200 on my bike, and get back into riding bmx, but now that I think about it, I have $410.00 USD saved up for a car(I'm getting another job soon and saving 2 grand) and a DPF is around $50 on ebay now, so I would spend less and still have something to do during the summer that I find interesting... too hot to ride anyway.

There IS a bit of a problem I'm concerned about through. I've read, that with full 900 degrees of rotation, the wheel does not return to the center (barely). I have always liked that when driving a car, it does that, so I was wonering if there are some settings, so i dont have to wind it back for it, and it can do so itself...

I'm currently thinking 500/ 500 rotation, 120 force, etc. I have seen someone say something about settin the "wheel return" setting at zero being desirable, but wouldn't this actualy contribute to the problem? Searching has only given me limited answers. Anway, getting everything on monday(hopefully), so see you guys at the circuits.
Hi,

On my wheel which i use it has a setting which allows me to strengthen it to pull back alot quicker (harder) to the middle. I can get to this by Control Panel/Game Controllers/then just select everything there for the controller.

BUT: If people are having problems with full strength to pull it back i would consider getting the G25 Or even a Logitech Forumla. Ive never in the time ive had LFS heard of that.

Hope this Helps,

Matt
#3 - Mako.
I wouldn't worry too much about your concern with the DFP. You do want the centering effect in the profiler set to zero, as the in-game FF will provide accurate FF effects based on what's happening at the front wheels, including centring effects. The common complaint with the DFP is not that it won't self-centre (maybe this is an issue, but I have not had any trouble with it), but that if you are trying to turn the wheel very quickly (say to correct oversteer) it can sometimes be hard to overcome the resistance of the FF motor. I don't find this to be an issue in road cars where usually corrections don't have to be super-quick, but sometimes I wish the wheel was a bit faster if I'm driving something like the BF1. Really though, 95% of the time the wheel does everything I ask of it and I really enjoy using it.
#5 - Mako.
Cool, thank you, exactly what I wanted to clear up.

Another New Guy...
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG