The online racing simulator
BBT's S2 License Giveaway!!!
(177 posts, started )
I didn't won voucher, in no other contest. How we can contact?? Skype?
Congratulations! A job well done!
-LoganC-
Heh, my kind of guy - goes right for FE Black!
Congrats, AchimPL! Enjoy LFS S2, you sure deserve it!
Indeed, good on you for doing so well in your attempt (and successful attempt) for the voucher and good on Jeff for giving a difficult bit of quizicles for the S2 voucher. When are you gonna post the answers?!!!
Congrats !
Hi
as you know I am after my first S2 adventure
First of all I want to thank Ball Bearing Turbo for voucher and opportunity of getting it, also thanks for holding thumbs for me(axus and rest). Also I can't forget about friends from Polish LFS community especially FranekPL, Qbi and Lont for giving me litlle help in these questions.

see you on S2
7 hours of research yesterday were worth it.

PS. it would be great if BBT will show correct answers ( and places where find it)
Gratz! Well deserved
Congratulations! Lets see the answers!
1) How much horsepower did the XFG have in S2 before it was changed? (120, patch P/Q)

2) Which car had it's spoiler significantly resized for S2? (FXO)

3) What size of tire is on the driven wheels of the XRT? (245/40R17)

4) What is the full name of Scawen's "significant other"? (Geraldine Muir)

5) Name two cars made for LFS but never released. (LX8, MRT6 (Devs), McLaren F1 (kegeteys))

6) Name two tracks made for LFS but never released. (Docklands, Stunt track, Miami (maybe))

7) Name the first non-developer to sign up on the LFS forum. (vari)

8) How many forum mods are there on the LFS forum? (8)

9) How do you cause the F9 readout to show the tread surface temp, rather than the entire depth of the

tread? (CTRL SHIFT)

10) Which part of the tire circumference is shown in the F9 display? (The top)

12) What was the first LFS demo version and when was it released? (0.04k on 18.02.2002)

13) Describe the look of the old LFS homepage. (Black with a metallic font saying "Live for Speed" in the top middle, links

on left and right side, picture in the center area)

14) Explain the way force feedback works in LFS. (forces applied are taken from suspension -> steering column etc. No

"effects". Communicating this somehow is the key.)

15) What was the texture format before LFS used DDS? (RAW)

16) Who created the current LFS logo? (Nicolas Grignon (design) OR Nuno Maia (KidCodEa), (changes))
)
17) Name two changes to the Blackwood circuit between S1 and S2. (smoothing of bumps, lowering of kerbs, reprofiling of

chicane and pitlane, also windmills blah blah. lots of things.)

18) What well known game did Scawen work on the physics engine of? (Black and White)

19) How many marshalls are there at Blackwood GP? (15)

20) How many different colors of sideways (laying down) cones are there at Blackwood GP? (4)

21) What kind of racing fuel is sold at Blackwood? (INJEXT)

22) How many bodies of water exist at Blackwood? (1)

23) How many exhaust outlets did the XRT have in S1? (2)

24) Which side was the hoodscoop on for the XRT in S1? (depended which side the driver was on)

25) What car was included as a Christmas present? (MRT)

26) How many users have ever been banned from the forum as of the day you fill this out? (total users on main page minus

active users on the members list. just under 200 last time I checked, 17735-17536=199 as of 5-21-2007)

27) How much horsepower did the XFG have before S1 was released? (116hp)

28) Describe the basic operation of the synthesized engine sound generator in LFS. (Engine pulse sample, played to firing

order fed through pipe sim etc... no engine sound sample per se.)

29) Who's your favorite Canadian LFSer? :P (Ball Bearing Turbo!)

The answers are from my head, and the heads of a few others around here. (Tristan, AndriodXP, Shotglass, Bob Smith)
Jeff, I think your 29 is wrong, Everyone know's the correct answer is "Dawesdust_12"...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :26) How many users have ever been banned from the forum as of the day you fill this out? (total users on main page minus

active users on the members list. just under 200 last time I checked, 17735-17536=199 as of 5-21-2007)

those are all just no longer welcome users ... i think theres only one whos got a banned below his nick on this forum
No longer welcome sounds pretty much like they won't be posting, like being banned.... Besides, it was Bob's question!
The title may say "no longer welcome" but they're still part of the banned users usergroup.
Quote from Bob Smith :The title may say "no longer welcome" but they're still part of the banned users usergroup.

i know but i still prefer the only kid was naughty enough version of the story
15 Marshall's? Ahh!!! Which one did I miss! lol
And I downloaded an old S1 version to play with the XRT and it only had 1 exhaust. But of course, I could be wrong. Maybe the S1 version was too new.
A McLaren F1???? Why!!!! That would be such a fun car to drive! Maybe S3? or a Patch X surprise? no? Well, now you got my hopes up!
Thanks for posting the answers. greatly appreciated!
-LoganC-
You might have been in the XRG, which only had 1 IIRC. The XRT had two all through S1 I believe.

There never was a McLaren F1... It was a McGuyver wasn't it? :P
Quote from LoganC :15 Marshall's? Ahh!!! Which one did I miss! lol
And I downloaded an old S1 version to play with the XRT and it only had 1 exhaust. But of course, I could be wrong. Maybe the S1 version was too new.
A McLaren F1???? Why!!!! That would be such a fun car to drive! Maybe S3? or a Patch X surprise? no? Well, now you got my hopes up!
Thanks for posting the answers. greatly appreciated!
-LoganC-

Quote from MAGGOT :You might have been in the XRG, which only had 1 IIRC. The XRT had two all through S1 I believe.

There never was a McLaren F1... It was a McGuyver wasn't it? :P

Notice I put Kegetys' name beside it. The question didn't say cars that the devs necessarily made!
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10146

LoganC, you probably missed the marshall standing in the cement overhang that the lights hang from on the starting line. He's literally right above your head, and you don't see him easily - just his helmet sometimes. Of course, if you shift-u or use the overhead view it's easier to see.
Yea, but Kegetys didn't call it a McLaren

[EDIT]
Quote from Kegetys :Thats why the car I made is a McGyver F1

What does McGyver mean?
And congrats to the winner. Enjoy LFS S2. Hope to see you on the track sometime!
And you can't touch that.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
24) Which side was the hoodscoop on for the XRT in S1? (depended which side the driver was on)

I always thought it stayed on the right all the time

Must experiment when I get home

BBT's S2 License Giveaway!!!
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG