The online racing simulator
BBT's S2 License Giveaway!!!
(177 posts, started )
Welcome BBT's NEW UNUSED FRESHLY BOUGHT S2 license giveaway! Yipee!

I have a fresh, yummy S2 license voucher sitting in my inbox, just waiting to be used.

I have therefore decided to make it a bit interesting, and am opening this competition to all demo users:

You must answer correctly all of these LFS related questions, and PM me the results - along with an SPR of the required replay. The first demo user to successfully do so will receive the lovely S2 voucher.

There questions are related to LFS, to the community, and to the forum. A little bit of research will likely be required to find all the answers, so best of luck.

Rules & requirements:
I An HLVC Valid SPR of BL GP Reversed in the XRT, with a time of 1:26:25 or better for 3 consecutive laps.

II Only one submission per user will be considered, subsequent submissions will be discarded.

III Posting answers on the forum will disqualify any participant, and nullify the competition. So please don't!

IV An SPR of the XRT AI Overtaking driving lesson on "PRO", completed with no contact, and first place acheived.

You can get training replays as follows:
Complete the training course
Wait till it goes in automatic replay mode
Shift+F4 or Alt+Tab out of LFS
Go to <LFS>/data/spr and sort by "Date modified" - the file should be something like "UserName_BL3_FINISHED.spr"
Copy and paste it under a different name, because as soon as you leave the lesson, this file will be deleted

Before the quiz, please answer these two subjective questions:
A) What are the 3 features of LFS you enjoy the most?
B) What are the 3 biggest shortcomings of LFS in your opinion?

Test Begin: -------------------------------------
1) How much horsepower did the XFG have in S2 before it was changed?
2) Which car had it's spoiler significantly downsized for S2?
3) What size of tire is on the driven wheels of the XRT?
4) What is the full name of Scawen's "significant other"?
5) Name two cars made for LFS but never released.
6) Name one track made for LFS but never released.
7) Name the first non-developer to register on the LFS website.
8) How many forum mods are there on the LFS forum?
9) How do you cause the F9 readout to show the tread surface temp, rather than the entire depth of the tread? (the latter is the default)
10) Which part of the tire circumference is shown in the F9 display?
12) What was the first LFS demo version and when was it released?
13) Describe the look of the old LFS homepage.
14) Explain in basic terms the way force feedback works in LFS.
15) What was the texture format before LFS used DDS?
16) Who created the current LFS logo?
17) Name two changes to the Blackwood circuit between S1 and S2.
18) What well known game did Scawen work on the physics engine of?
19) How many marshalls are there at Blackwood GP?
20) How many different colors of sideways (laying down) cones are there at Blackwood GP?
21) What kind of racing fuel is sold at Blackwood?
22) How many bodies of water exist at Blackwood?
23) How many exhaust outlets did the XRT have in S1?
24) Which side was the hoodscoop on for the XRT in S1?
25) What car was included as a Christmas present?
26) How many total users have ever been banned from this forum (as of the day you fill this out)?
27) How much horsepower did the XFG have immediately before S1 was released?
28) Describe the basic operation of the synthesized engine sound generator in LFS.
29) Who's your favorite Canadian LFSer? :P

----------end test------------

The winner will be announced on this thread once I receive and approve the winning PM and SPRs!

Failed submissions will be notified by PM, not necessarily ridiculed in public (although I reserve the right to ridicule the losers in public!)

I'm happy to give the dev's more dough and hopefully have some fun and bring some encouragement of some kind (hopefully). To Scawen, Eric, and Vic I appreciate all your work; even if I whine about how DAMN SLOW it is!

edit: clarity on #26 fixed.
edit: more accurate wording for #7. Seems more ambiguous, but is actually more precise now.
edit: Improved clarity throughout, again.
It sounds like you're giving away YOUR licence... Not cool..
Hmm, editing now.
#4 - _rod_
Damn. good luck to the demo racers, i´ll sure be follwing this
Quote from Boris Lozac :From the thread name, not the content of the thread..

I've MSNed Bob to ask for his help with that :ashamed:
Geez... hard as ____s lol....

pretty rigurous test to ensure a quality S2 liscensed driver...
#8 - ebola
Yes but least you know the winner deserves it.
Ouch!

Pretty difficult quiz there, BBT. I just went on a demo server and gave a license to the first driver I found called Kev! :dunce:
Oh boy you are EVIL, I'm pretty happy I'm not a demo user...I would have gotten a heart attack from the excitement!

I can imagine as it is all the demo users having seen this browsing the forum like madmen trying to find some answers!

Although I have to say some questions are too vague. For instance how the ffb works...
Quote :

A little bit of research will likely be required

Wow, I've been S2 licensed since the beginning of S2, and ran the demo for a while before that and I would fail. Right off the bat, can't stand the XRT, thus I would fail the XRT/BL1R time, LOL. I can't even do that in forwards.

Nor could I answer quite a few of those questions.

Good luck to you demo users. Hope you don't love the XFG as much as I did and have never driven a single lap in XRT like I never did in demo, LOL.

Quote from Kev :I just went on a demo server and gave a license to the first driver I found called Kev!

ROFL!
Quote from Paranoid Android :Although I have to say some questions are too vague. For instance how the ffb works...

For those I'm just looking for key points, not 300 words.
Nice but mad

How about you made them run all day for s2 voucher then that would be more evil

Matt
WOW! That's a hard quiz. I know none of the answers straight off. Well of course apart from the end one:P
MAGGOT is definately the best canadian LFS'er :P
#15 - joen
Haha, damn, I consider my knowledge of LFS (history) substantial but those questions are hard

Well, good luck!
Quote : B) What are the 3 biggest shortcomings of LFS in your opinion?

He He....I bet he has already decided that anybody who mention NOS in this answer gets automagically disqualified!!!

Quote :29) Who's your favorite Canadian LFSer?

Cr1t1cal Dr1ft???

All I can say is that I'm glad I already got my licence, cos I sure as hell couldn't pass that exam!!

Great idea BBT...at least the eventual winner will have earned the right to race BF1's on the oval
Hm, I have no PMs yet
#18 - ste_
I think it'd be easier to unify quantum physics with classical mechanics than win this license
Quote from Paranoid Android :Although I have to say some questions are too vague. For instance how the ffb works...

Pah, how the FFB works can be explained in one sentence. Two if you're feeling cocky.
I'd say that any demo racers who post correct answers to all those questions is cheating (S2 owner already)...or desperate for license.
#22 - axus
Jeff spoke to me over MSN about this a few days ago. It's a sweet idea, good going!
I got 7 (8 with a look at the manual).
Hmm guess i fail lol 10 definates, i think, out of 29 . Good luck too any demo racer who tries this.
Some of the questions require serious research, but I don't think I could beat that 1:25:60 time. I can barely do that on normal config , maybe in LX4 .

(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG