The online racing simulator
Dying
(38 posts, started )
Dying
I think it'd be nice to have a server option that when enabled, would remove racers subjected to impacts of high enough g-forces to kill a person in real life.

Say some tard behinds you rear ends you at 160 mph, or another idiot was a little too enthusiastic whilst trying to pass you on the inside of a turn, and Tboned you at 90 mph. If the server option was enabled, then they'd be pulled from the race.

I'd imagine it could aleviate a lot of the stress that comes from Turn 1.
Quote from sinkoman :
Say some tard behinds you rear ends you at 160 mph,

... and you die wich means you can't play anymore.

Well, sounds like a good Idea.
#3 - Kaw
I don't really like the idea of getting injured or killed. Better just have damage to your car be severe enough to end your race. It's not like you would have a crash that would get the driver killed, but the car would be still drivable.
i kinda like the idea of that would be a great way of stopping crashers
Quote from Highsider9 :... and you die wich means you can't play anymore.

Hmm, didn't think about that :\

I still think it'd help to stop crashers. I figure that the crasher will be removed alongside you, and nobody would want to be kicked out of a race, no matter the circumstances.

Not to mention the embarrassment of being yelled at for removing somebody else :\

And yeah, I didn't mean like, the game tracks your damage, just that if any one turn is above a certain threshold, then your taken out.

And sorry for not searching
Quote from Highsider9 :... and you die wich means you can't play anymore.

doesnt have to mean you cant play anymore could be like a ban either untill the next race or for a few hours
[sarcasm] ye sure! oh, and lets make it so that if we dont have our seatbelt on, we go flying through our windscreen, then land on track, creating an obstacle for all the other drivers?[/sarcasm]

At the end of the day, i know this is a racing simulator, but why involve deaths and injuries? Young one's play this game, and plus, alot of people in race cars have survived 160mph+ crashes without/minor injuries.

I want the damage to be sorted first, then on to stuff like A.I and maybe more cars and tracks, not cars on the side of the track with drivers dead on the bonnet....

Frenchy
#9 - ajp71
Thankfully real cars break a lot sooner than their drivers so really if you're wanting to avoid wrecklessness finishing the damage model would be a good place to start.
Better yet, what if high-speed impacts in LFS killed the wreckers in real life?!1?!
having yourself and your crash target removed from a server due to virtual death will play right into wreckers hands, imo, and would generally be an idea to file away in the big pants section.
I vote for, but only if there is a "get out of your car and kill of joo with a baseball bat" option,
#13 - wark
-1 silly old idea.
Quote from al heeley :having yourself and your crash target removed from a server due to virtual death will play right into wreckers hands, imo, and would generally be an idea to file away in the big pants section.

Agreed. Sam needs more underwear anyway, he'll appreciate the donation.
Haha.. have a message appear on the screen, 'Your driver has died. You are no longer allowed to play LFS.'
100% -1 from me

I'd rather the wheels fall off and the engine not start to take someone out of a race then killing them.

I hope death is never introduced into racing games
#17 - joen
Definitely -1000.
There´s just too many downsides for less (if any) benefits.
#18 - dev
It would be nice if you could get your S2 licence deleted if you hit a wall at 200km/h
Absolutely not. I don't think it would do anything to help slow anyone down more than a better damage system would.
And I certainly don't think my license should be affected just because some retard can't work the brakes.
#20 - dev
Quote from Dajmin :Absolutely not. I don't think it would do anything to help slow anyone down more than a better damage system would.
And I certainly don't think my license should be affected just because some retard can't work the brakes.

I was being sarcastic
if you want it so simulate death (to get as close to driving a real race car) then it woulds have to simulate a driver being able to get out of a wrecked car and beat the virtual head off the wrecker who caused the crash no? or maybe be able to walk down the pitlane and get into your car?
imo simulating death would be stupid. your race is over whether you have a flat tyre (leading to massive crash) or taken out via other drivers. you do not need a "dark" emo corner of lfs.
it would be a quik money maker for the devs, if u die, u can never play again under that person, and you have to buy a new licence and a new name rofl
My first thought: You'd have to be a pretty miserable bastard to suggest "Dying" in a forum entitled "Improvement Suggestions".

I see it as more of a step sideways, personally.
it could encourage people to go crashing...and...well "dying"
Also LFSlapper kind of has this feature where if you crash, your removed from track
Kev: many consider it a transition (to the great Kyoto Ring in the sky)

Dying
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG