The online racing simulator
Dying
(38 posts, started )
If there is a crash on a server bad enough to 'kill' a driver, all the racers in the server should immediately be removed from the circuit and have to be virtual pallbearers at a virtual funeral for the victim. The devs could code up a cemetary, coffin and a minister.

The fastest driver on the server would drive the hearse.

(Or second fastest driver, if the fastest was the one that 'died'.)

----------
/ \
/ REST \
/ IN \
/ PEACE \
/ \
| RacerX |
| 452 M |
| killed by a |
| turn one newb |
| |
| |
| 2007 |
_________)/\\_//(\/(/\)/\//\/|_)_______

Quote from Bob Smith :Kev: many consider it a transition (to the great Kyoto Ring in the sky)

It would be just my luck if the afterlife is a ****ing oval.

Edit: My language around here has got worse lately - sorry everybody. Will try to be cleaner more often.
Kev, then I offer you 1 piece of advice.

Don't die.
voice apart
+1

in the form of losing credits associated with the driver, or something of value to give the death some meaning without (of course!) meaning you can't continue to drive the simulator.

the reason being I personally feel I have a lot to unlearn in my driving style, specifically because nothing I ever did in racing games actually mattered. If I started to treat the car I was in with the proper respect, I could get much quicker, I think.

would it make people hate the game or something? hmmm.. I still see value in the idea, but not for everyone I agree.
I'd rather see much better damage to the cars (inside and out) so people have to exercise some care and mechanical sympathy and not drive them like they're bouncy GT4, um, things ... once you have to actually face some consequences for driving like a prat (i.e. your car gets properly ruined) people might pay better attention.

A damage model where the car is out of the race will be enough.
Quote from Execution Style :+1

in the form of losing credits associated with the driver, or something of value to give the death some meaning without (of course!) meaning you can't continue to drive the simulator.

the reason being I personally feel I have a lot to unlearn in my driving style, specifically because nothing I ever did in racing games actually mattered. If I started to treat the car I was in with the proper respect, I could get much quicker, I think.

would it make people hate the game or something? hmmm.. I still see value in the idea, but not for everyone I agree.

Well, the idea was more of "you're disqualified for the race you crashed in", rather than "your account dies".

:\
Quote from Highsider9 :... and you die wich means you can't play anymore.

Well, sounds like a good Idea.

It may be a good idea for those bad driving guys...

----->:heyjoe67_ :heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_ ---->|wall| = BOOM = :littleang or just have the screen turn black and he/she can't hear, receive or type anything until the race ends...
Quote from Zipppy :It may be a good idea for those bad driving guys...

----->:heyjoe67_ :heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_:heyjoe67_ ---->|wall| = BOOM = :littleang or just have the screen turn black and he/she can't hear, receive or type anything until the race ends...

You should go try that in real life.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :You should go try that in real life.

Why should I?
Quote from sinkoman :Well, the idea was more of "you're disqualified for the race you crashed in", rather than "your account dies".

:\

I don't think death normally results in a qualification.
This thread makes my chuckle :P

And when your guy dies, he gets to race in heaven

Remember that song that went "heaven is a halfpipe"? Well thats all been torn up now... heaven is now LRF@AS
:wtf2:

Dying
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG