The online racing simulator
Port Throttling
(28 posts, started )
Damn.

I moved house last week, I still have the same ISP (Tiscali) but on a different account, and now cannot connect to the master server during peak times. I changed the master port in my cfg.txt file and now I see eight servers... Great... Frankly there is not much point in me having this game any more if I cannot connect.

I read people suggesting you can ring up and get them to unblock a port for you, so do you think it's worth having them unblock 29339 or something? LFS is the only online game I ever play these days. I'd like to ask here first, as I've phoned Tiscali's support before and I know it's an expensive call.

The bloody annoying thing is that I really hardly use any bandwidth at all, I don't use P2P's and rarely download big files. I browse the web and play Live for Speed, that's about it. Plus I been with them for about four years, and up until I moved I did not have any complaints.

Edit: Whoops, I used search to find this thread. Now I see it's in the hosts forum, so I hope I've posted this in a relevant place.
You might want to try editing your cfg. You can change the Master Port to 8080 (the alternative port the master runs on) - see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply mate, but I already tried that. When I changed the port I got past the 'no reply from master server' message, but it started to download 1 of 8 servers and then timed out before the first one had been received. It was an improvement, but I'm still not racing... It's been a week, I'm getting withdrawl.

Port Throttling
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG