The online racing simulator
How old are you?
(634 posts, closed, started )
34 and counting. and it only gets beter
i am 30,5
Quote from hrtburnout :Glad I'm just 14

I'm 14 too
Quote from AndroidXP :Ha! Beat ya by 9 days April 3rd here.

My Bday is on 3rd april
Quote from mrbogeyman :i suspect doorman is closer to his post count than you think

Git! 64
close enough!

are you at the bunnet wearing stage yet? or just the leather patches on your jumper? :P

im only messing

you can call me a scruffy student if you want to join in the streotyping
Quote from mrbogeyman :close enough!

are you at the bunnet wearing stage yet? or just the leather patches on your jumper? :P

What's a 'bunnet'?
Quote from mrbogeyman :
im only messing

I know.
Quote from mrbogeyman :
you can call me a scruffy student if you want to join in the streotyping

I wouldn't do that 'cos I think you're a very nice man.
Got 23 last wednsday...
I am 35
48 in a few days
I am 34

ps. How about a poll?
I`m 24 and a half. Wish i was 19 again, was my best year
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Hi all !
I'm 14 i will be 15 on 31th May 2006

been driving legally for less than a year....so i'm proud to be as fast as I am...(not very)
Quote from deggis : How about a poll?

Although not a bad idea, i wonder if it isn't a bit late for that, will all these
people come back to vote you think ? Any one else feel the need for a poll ?
Oh, i could make a poll to see how many want a poll about this ! illepall

If there's a need, it's quite simple to add a poll btw. All hail Victor :yipee:
Else you can worship him, i reckon it charges his powers.
Well, as Kid said, there was a poll on RSC some time ago.

But it's strange trying to decide between the two possibilities of :

(1) Which year were you born, and (2) How old are you.

Because, option 1 always stays "true" (because your birth-year doesn't change) so at first sight it seems like a better idea. But option 2 could be more useful because it kind of compensates for some people who stop playing LFS. For example, taking it to a silly extreme : option 1 that looks "true" at first, could look wrong in 300 years time, when the average LFS player would appear to be 150 years old, if you see what i mean.

Anyway i think the answer is yes it's too late now, for this time round.
Im 17 comming upto 18 in Feb
Scawen has a point there, but also this kind of "statistic" is useful only for this timeframe (for example a year from now this data has only "historical" value). That kind of narrows the number '2' method out..

However, doesn't lfs-world hold (optional) date-of-birth -data? That could be used to view the age-structure...

But then again, what does it matter? Some are too young for irl driving license, some are way over the hill (and still not braking). This kind of age-of-players -representation tends to put an unnecessary label.

But heck, what do I know, I'm just a rookie and these "polls" don't bother me.

Gonna go driving now...
Well, what info would be usefull for you guys Scawen ?

My 'problem' was deciding the choices. Should it be age groups ?
Or should every age possible be there (using age groups for the
younger and older than 16-35, example average) ?
Well i think the best if we really want stats, would be what Jullpu suggested - if as many people as possible would enter their actual birth date on a LFS site somewhere, then Victor could generate nice graphs.

He could also limit it to people who have logged in within the last year or so, because there are loads of inactive users (e.g. around 10,000 S1 accounts).
I'd like to see some age graphs, I think it would be neat. I'd like to see what the average age of players was, I was expecting mid-20s, however it looks more like it's mid-30s. Nothing really urgent or anything, I just like looking at info like this.
This thread is closed

How old are you?
(634 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG