Quote from Demon68 :Hmm, 8:30 was UK time and not Europian time?

Yes - all SGPA sanctioned events run at UK time.
i'll be there next week, just couldnt do this week
guys, you wouldn't believe how important it is that we ALL have a pre race practice. i have alot of concerns about T1 and so do alot of other drivers. once/if we fix this concern you will find the league will become much more fun to race in and you will have less grey hairs at the end of it
Anyone from the SGPA team could post here an example of a car & helmet skin?
I'm still confused about where exactly the name should be displayed
guys im super keen to race this car, ive been practicing ofr ages, and can keep it straight and drive fast, if there is a spot can someone PM me as im really keen to see how I stack up against other people who are good at this car as well
had some nice race practice yesterday with my team mate (The End) and found some nice early pace. also practiced a bit of slipstreaing (into corners)
why havent you switched to w17 patch at least?, the diff pre load makes the car that much more fun and easier to drive its a lot more stable and doesnt lock up under hard braking/downshifting
Quote from dadge :had some nice race practice yesterday with my team mate (The End) and found some nice early pace. also practiced a bit of slipstreaing (into corners)

Yeah it was indeed fun, haven't driven that track for 2 weeks . Pity I had easy suspension damage on the early stages
Quote :why havent you switched to w17 patch at least?, the diff pre load makes the car that much more fun and easier to drive its a lot more stable and doesnt lock up under hard braking/downshifting

Our server hosts do not support it at the moment.
My skins
Attached images
BF1_BGR11.jpg
HEL_BGR11.jpg
does any of the directors even listen to the drivers requests? you guys were asked on the server if you could make an example skin (helmet too) and lots of drivers are still lost in what they have to do. i have not had any comtact with any other drivers except my team mate and lep. how many people are expected to show up tonight? 3? i mean wtf guys? is this a drivers league or a directors league? there's been nothing but hast;e to get stuff sorted for this league and i have a good feeling that it will go tits up. but hey the drivers aren't to blame if it does. i thought one of the directors was to make sure that all the rules will be drilled into the drivers? i thought the directors were there to help? what help have the directors given? zilch
tbh i am more looking forward to seeing this league plummit. what are the directors actually doing?

rant over.
Quote from dadge :does any of the directors even listen to the drivers requests? you guys were asked on the server if you could make an example skin (helmet too) and lots of drivers are still lost in what they have to do. i have not had any comtact with any other drivers except my team mate and lep. how many people are expected to show up tonight? 3? i mean wtf guys? is this a drivers league or a directors league? there's been nothing but hast;e to get stuff sorted for this league and i have a good feeling that it will go tits up. but hey the drivers aren't to blame if it does. i thought one of the directors was to make sure that all the rules will be drilled into the drivers? i thought the directors were there to help? what help have the directors given? zilch
tbh i am more looking forward to seeing this league plummit. what are the directors actually doing?

rant over.

I have to agree with my boyfriend here, I only spoke to one of the directors, 3 times, 2 of them about the same topic about skins, nothing else.

If there is only gonna be 5 of us on tonight, I'll just take my drive elsewhere.
Skin check. If your surname isn't on your rear wing like this, it should be

The only rule on helmets is nothing offensive, no IP violation. Same about the car skins (other than the surnames on rear wings).
Attached images
skin picture.JPG
Shit, just realised it clashes with Uefa Cup final
Man there goes a nice football evening
Quote from duke_toaster :Skin check. If your surname isn't on your rear wing like this, it should be

The only rule on helmets is nothing offensive, no IP violation. Same about the car skins (other than the surnames on rear wings).

Duke there are more important matters than IP violation. Drivers complaining about your system.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Duke there are more important matters than IP violation. Drivers complaining about your system.

The system is under discussion, all skins were legal this race (with the exception of one team's rear wings, which I have spoken to them about). Now that issue has been resolved, we have two weeks to fine tune systems and regulations for Aston National. All leagues have teething troubles.
What this league needs to improve:

- less lag (still say its not caused by the server )
- more drivers (raise some attention! )
- mandatory pit-stop and/or increase the race length by a few laps so you need more then 100 %
- 15 mins qualy is ok, but when not more people coming i would love 1-lap qualy (no other format raises more tention )
- After race summary by the admins, results, stats, special things (like red flag yesterday)
- clear announcement for every race, a single thread in the sub forum for each race, with all necessary informations for the upcoming race (laps, date,time, link to rules and regulations, sign up so that new drivers can enter), even though it is repeated information maybe but thats the best, trust me

All the best
ALDI
(Mike)
i would say to remove the safety car and all the other none racing cars planned for this league. it should be able to admin itself (on raceday) leaving the director to do what they do best. hand out penaulties and advice when needed. try to keep it simple (more restrictions = more confusion)
discuss where the next event will be held (server wise) about a week in advance. make sure everyone can connect and have a lag free session. try sending out emails with session details (server passwords and standby server name if one is needed). try to make sure to have all your bases covered.
tbh i felt the race last night to be a bit boring after 5 or 6 laps so hopefully this will drop as the number of drivers increase.
I didn't realise my server was going to be used, I don't like the fact that it was used without my permission. It needed a restart badly because it was getting laggy, in future it would be nice to remember that it is not an official server for this league, it is just a place for people to practice the combo.
From what I've read, heard and seen, this league has been over thought, to many rules about skins (both car and helmet) none of which will make any difference to the racing, it only serves to put people off who try and wade through everything they have to read, edit or fill out and post just to understand what the league is about let alone enter. I think this has meant you have gone from a fairly big interest to a very small number of participants.

Less rules about skins, safety cars (totally pointless, jobs for the boys) how you can and can't pit (shift s) the amount of reading and forum filling that needs to be done and more thought going into the actual racing and organisation.

I'd get the current participants to tell you what’s good and what’s bad, what is needed and what isn't. This should be a great league with a full grid but it's not, you need to think why it's not and make some harsh decisions now so that this league will survive.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I didn't realise my server was going to be used, I don't like the fact that it was used without my permission. It needed a restart badly because it was getting laggy, in future it would be nice to remember that it is not an official server for this league, it is just a place for people to practice the combo.

it was my idea qs, sorry for not letting you know but you were offline and there was like 5 mins til the league began. the original server had really bad lag and i/we asked if we could move server.
again sorry for not letting you know but i did try and it won't happen again.
No problem, I was more annoyed that I didn't have time to restart it because that would have made it less laggy for the race
Changes for round two (British GP @ Aston National)
  • The rulebook has been shortened and in section C (skins) clarified.
  • The safety car will be removed due to its unpopularity and the sheer fact that it can cause inconsistancies with race lengths. Also the, by my own admission gimmicky, medical car won't be used.
  • The red flag will be fully added to the regulations
  • The races may be lengthened. However, we will not institute a mandatory pit stop using the rather dumb must stop at a box system, we would rather it be done by lengthening the race so a fuel stop is needed. Should an InSim app be able to track it in the future, we may consider a mandatory tyre change.
The new rulebook will be uploaded very soon.
Quote from duke_toaster :
The new rulebook will be uploaded very soon.

Can you give us an estimate when it will come up?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG