The online racing simulator

Poll : Are you using the hi-res skin downloads?

No
I won't pay for hi res skins
I will when official patch X comes out
Yes
It's too expensive
#1 - Davo
Are you paying for hi-res 1024 skin downloads?
With the release of test patch W21 and the new hi-res download service available, I'm wondering how many people have taken the plunge and are using this new service.

I am signed up and enjoying hi res skins.
i wont pay simply because hi res skins dont interest me. It is a nice feature though.
I wont pay for this time, because why use 1024x1024 skin, it isnt hi-res...for me hi-res skin is 2048x2048...
I am now Davo.
Really nice they are too.
I've paid but i've got it turned off atm because my laptop won't be able to cope! but hopefully i'll be getting a new computer soon so i will then.

I dont really see how people can call it expensive because in the 18 months or whatever it is that i've played LFS i've had about 6000 skins downloaded into my skins_x folder. Thats only £3 by this system and if it carries on at roughly the same rate then a few quid is absolutely nothing for the amount of enjoyment i get from LFS!! I mean that's the price of a pint in some of the places round where I live at uni, and just under the price of two anywhere else... not exactly much is it.
What's the difference between "I won't pay for hi res skins" and "No"?
I will be using the service once the new patch turns official, higher res skins is always a good thing
Happy to pay a £1 for crisper graphics online. It makes quite a diffference tot eh whole look of the game, and I am into skins big time anyway.
so we have to pay for hi res?
if thats the case i simply wont buy it, ive already payed for a game that has less then mediocre graphics anyhow, if this is how its going to be in future meaning we have to pay for a car or a graphics upgrade, I think id rather leave lfs behind
i don't pay for it not because of the price (i think its cheap enough) but the fact the most of the skins are crap anyway and from the 3000 skins in my folder i think i don't see 90% of the drivers on a regular basis. and when i see them again, they probably have a new skin. BUT it sure is an improvement to the game. i would pay for 2048x2048 skins though probably.
its not obligatory to pay, if you want the 1024 skins to auto-d/load the £1 per 2000 skins helps towards the extra bandwidth costs.
If you don't want them and are happy to continue with the 512 skins then simply don't pay the £1.
Its called a choice.
Oh, and it also empties out old skins not seen on line any more, after a certain time period.
#13 - dave
I will do when the patch has become official, does anyone have before and after comparison screenshots?
#14 - joen
Quote from seinfeld :so we have to pay for hi res?

No, you CAN pay for hires IF you want to.

Quote :
if this is how its going to be in future meaning we have to pay for a car or a graphics upgrade

Who said anything about paying for a car? And this is hardly a graphics update, just an extended feature people have asked for which you can take or leave.

Quote :
I think id rather leave lfs behind

You've said this so many times already but you never do. Sadly.

Ontopic: No, I'm not using the hi-res skins service. Maybe I will in the future though, it's just not very important to m right now.
I think its a great option for the User - to have ability to have high res option on skins.

Personally I dont think its required for me - there is no marked difference in quality when racing - the skin itself is an indicator of the car, and who Im racing against.

At this moment I dont feel I need to be seeing high res skins.

The Sim is looking fantastic, I understand the need to reduce overheads and increase the options for the users. I am glads its an option and not enforced.

Keep the updates coming.
#16 - Vain
I have no interest in high res skins.
When I drive tin-tops I don't even download helmet-skins at all. Skins aren't eye-candy for me, they provide identifyability.

Vain
Yes i want to pay for the extra eyecandy..
pay for skins ?? haha no chance !
I think it is a great feature but i wont be using it yet. The important word for me is yet, i have to run lfs on lowest graphics settings to keep it playable so untill a new pc no higher res skins for me
I haven't played LFS since that patch came out () but I probably will use the high-res download feature, at least when it gets released in a full patch.

I've got 640Mb of RAM on my graphics card and nothing to use it for!
Nope, won't pay for them, though the price is more than fair. I'm simply not interested in high(er) res skins
Quote from theirishnoob :pay for skins ?? haha no chance !

You as a demo racer don't even have the free low res skin download, so actually this topic shouldn't concern you at all.
I'm using it since 1024² skins look quite a bit better and I can support the home-improvement of the devs with this feature
Quote from Spangler_CZE :...it isnt hi-res...for me hi-res skin is 2048x2048...

I am agree

I just don´t know that we can pay for skins
id love to get it,but i don't think my computer could hack it
I'd like it - but its only a small thing in my mind. I run half size textures anyway to improve FPS - so skins aren't the most important thing in my game.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG