The online racing simulator
Gumball's first victim...
(46 posts, started )
:(
i hate when stuff like this happens , tho i know alot of ex wrc , nascar , f1 etc racers who made some money do this event move of them think that there lambo or porshe can handle oversteer , but act ual fadct porshes are a hard car to drive fast and laboghinis will spin eazy when pushs reasonably hard
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Road Rallys usually have speed limits which are strictly enforced using GPS tracking

Road rallies work on the principle of having to average a speed along a piece of road (which on a twisty narrow road can be considerably under the average speed limit to be a challenge) and the stage has random check points so you have to maintain the average speed all the way. The idea of the Gumball atm is for a lot of rich idiots who can't drive cars to blast down a motorway with the time it takes them being ignored and relying on the authorities to enforce speed.

Quote from Ian.H :I don't see why so many people here are so worked up about it. Sure, there's been a fatal accident.. do you know how many other similar fatal accidents also happened on the same day? Why not focus on those instead?

Fleaing from the scene of a fatal accident (even if they were completely innocent) is very very serious, I think it's more the hit and run element that has got people infuriated.
Quote :I think it's more the hit and run element that has got people infuriated.

I agree. As if they were 'just civillians', just like you run over a rabbit with your car. :mad:
any more news on this ? did they get a sentence because they shud
The Sun reckons they will be released without charge
Check the site now. At least it's something.

http://www.gumball3000.com/

I actually passed a Gumball building on my way home from an audition on Monday there. I got a couple of pics of the official Gumball taxis (I liked the paint jobs) and a really exciting #8 Mini
"The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence."

What?????? 1 lame little year?

Here in Brazil you can get 4 years for stealing a peanutbutter cup

This gumball thing is just a rich and slow version of Fast Furious, its fuking lame its retarded its slow its nubish and rubbish and im just laughing when you loose the back end out of your bentley and polish the guard rail with it faygs.
Quote from Slidaaaa :"The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence."

What?????? 1 lame little year?

Here in Brazil you can get 4 years for stealing a peanutbutter cup

This gumball thing is just a rich and slow version of Fast Furious, its fuking lame its retarded its slow its nubish and rubbish and im just laughing when you loose the back end out of your bentley and polish the guard rail with it faygs.

yes, but once i want to start on it!
edit: the only problem is the money!
So I guess this was the last Gumball then. No sponsor is going to touch future events with a ten foot pole.
One year.... well they might as well stole a bag of sweets for that!

If they are let free then that country should be re-named to Hell!
Well, that depends really on who's to blame for the accident (with the hit & run viewed seperately)... If it was caused solely by the Gumball participants by charging down the road with too high speed taking too much risk it could well be the end of the Gumball... If not, it's just one more life lost on the streets, like every other minute in the world, with the Gumball grieving for a year and then charging on...

I'm surprised everyone thinks the Gumball racers caused the accident... With that low charges, they might as well be innocent (apart from the hit & run)... Innocent until proven guilty rings a bell?
-
(Smax) DELETED by Smax
Quote from bbman :I'm surprised everyone thinks the Gumball racers caused the accident... With that low charges, they might as well be innocent (apart from the hit & run)... Innocent until proven guilty rings a bell?

TBH when you add up hit and run from an accident involving a supercar taking part in an event known for its idiotic and irresponsible participants kind of suggests they weren't innocent. Regardless of whether they cause the incident they should go down for hit and run anyway, which IMO is a far more serious offence than causing death by dangerous driving, it shows they really didn't care about it.
Quote from bal00 :So I guess this was the last Gumball then. No sponsor is going to touch future events with a ten foot pole.

i think it isn't a bitg problem for 150 rich people who have many familiar!
Unfortunately, wife of the late Vladimir Cepuljoski, Margarita, who was badly injured in the crash, died on Friday in the hospital..

That fuc*er who hit them, few hours after bailing out, tried to run with a Private jet, but police caught him..
Gumball Death!
Two British men have been questioned by police in Macedonia over a fatal crash during an international car rally. Nicholas Morley and Matthew McConville, from Gtr Manchester, were in a Porsche as part of the Gumball 3000 when they were in a collision with another car.
Vladimir Cepulyoski, 67, died from a heart attack after the crash on 2 May.
The Foreign office said Mr Morley had been released on bail, though his co-driver was never formally detained. The rally has been called off.
The Gumball 3000 - which costs £28,000 to enter - involves more than 100 cars driving 3,000 miles from London to Athens and back on public roads.
Mr Morley, 30, from Bowdon, Greater Manchester, and Mr McConville, 36, from Prestwich, Greater Manchester, were travelling on a road towards Kafasan - on the border with Albania - when the collision happened.

Very sad news for all those involved . It does not bode well for future Gumball Rally's which is a real shame.
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by zeugnimod
-
(XCNuse) DELETED by XCNuse : to late
Quote from Blutto :
After Peter Brock died in a targa rally, Australian motosport officials were about banning targa rallies in Australia. The is always a chance of death in any form of motorsport.

Peter Brock's accident and this incident are completely unrelated. One was an accident caused (IIRC) by driver error on a controlled course on a speed event in a car driven completely legally. The other was a criminal offence in which two perks decided to hit and run, the blame for the crash is instantly and maybe wrongly placed on the drivers of the car that performed the hit and run and given the fact it was a supercar on a 'rally' one assumes it was being driven at illegal speeds.

Really one should be viewed as a legitimate accident that is part of life on a dangerous event the other a criminal act.
rip
Wasn't there a Gumball or similar event in Australia a few years ago where a Japanease driver in a Ferrari Testarossa failed to slow down for a marshall checkpoint and wiped out a marshall, himself, and his co-driver?

It strikes me that holding any kind of timed event on open public roads is beyond reasonable, but i've nothing against 'rallies' per se. There's a London to Brighton (or other way around) event held in the UK which gets antique cars to drive on a 'rally' ... but speed limits are not a cause for concern on that event.

Ban the gumball, bring back fox hunting and let the rich people do that. At least with fox hunting it was only cute and fluffy animals that get hurt.
Quote from Becky Rose :
It strikes me that holding any kind of timed event on open public roads is beyond reasonable, but i've nothing against 'rallies' per se. There's a London to Brighton (or other way around) event held in the UK which gets antique cars to drive on a 'rally' ... but speed limits are not a cause for concern on that event.

The Gumball is not a competitive event, there are no timed stages. Road rallies rely on very twisty hilly roads setting an average speed well bellow the speed limit, which is still very hard to maintain. The Targa is a special stage rally with long stages on extremely fast tarmac roads with emphasis toward track setup sports cars rather than rally cars. All very different the last two are proper competitive events, only the last one involves high speeds.
Quote from ajp71 :The Gumball is not a competitive event, there are no timed stages.

Really?

Last year when they that thing across the globe.
You need to catch a plane to take you off on an another continent,
and if you miss the flight you're screwed.

Yeh, you have all the time in the world
very sad thats what you get when some idiot buys a car he cant handle...

Gumball's first victim...
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG