The online racing simulator
Gumball's first victim...
(46 posts, started )
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1264048,00.html

The inevitable happened, two britains in Porsche 911 killed one Macedonian citizen, and seriously injured his wife in Gumball rally in FYROM (Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia)..
I hope this bans those wreckless rich bastar*s and their stupid rally, if you have a good car, it doesn't mean you can drive it!
Spineless bastards. I hope they get the full sentence.
"Gumball 3000 rally - a celebrity sportswear race"

Bad reporting, but still these guys are complete tools. 1 year maximum? For what is practically man slaughter is a disgrace, but this reflects very badly on the Gumball RALLY (not race).
#4 - AndyC
and they left the scence of the crime (from what I can gather) that is really spineless
#5 - ajp71
They deserve to go down for more than a year and I have no issue with these stupid rich boy road rallies being banned.
One year?! WTF, they killed the poor guy, seriously injured his wife, flee from the crime scene, stole a car and tried to cross a border! If it was their fault (which i doubt it wasn't) they should be lock down for 10 or more years(at least the driver).. Jesus, that's murder right there, and to run away from the scene?!
Quote from Boris Lozac :One year?! WTF, they killed the poor guy, seriously injured his wife, flee from the crime scene, stole a car and tried to cross a border! If it was their fault (which i doubt it wasn't) they should be lock down for 10 or more years(at least the driver).. Jesus, that's murder right there, and to run away from the scene?!

Murder? no, more like man slaughter. And where did it say they stole a car? all i read was they got caught crossing the border in a different car, nothing said about stolen.....

Anyway, this is a sad story, and i think these 2 guys should be taught a lesson, how does 20 years showering with lonely men in prison sound?

Frenchy
They didn't steal a car, another Gumballer picked them up.

I'd like to see the Gumball banned, but I fear it would be difficult to ban it without also banning "proper" road rallies like the World Cup Rally.
#9 - ajp71
Quote from spookthehamster :I'd like to see the Gumball banned, but I fear it would be difficult to ban it without also banning "proper" road rallies like the World Cup Rally.

The problem is it's not a regularity run. If the Gumball route was a competitive road rally then ironically people would drive it slower.
I see no harm in rallies like the Gumball but they need to emphasise the speed limits more. Maybe having a minimum time allowed for each stage?

What they did, just leaving the accident scene, was cold and heartless.
1 Year??? Pfft. Had this had happened in georgia a minimum of 5 years would be in place for manslaughter!

Heck a guy on our lake, on his giant yacht, commited manslaughter by decappitating a man on a smaller boat, injuring the family aboard and left the scene.

He was given 8 years in prision and 2 years probation afterwards.
Road Rallys usually have speed limits which are strictly enforced using GPS tracking, perhaps something like that would be useful for the Gumballs image. Have certain areas where the roads are closed for them to really test the cars (they do visit race tracks), but on public roads make sure they don't exceed the speed limit. At least then it would focus more on clever navigation.

However I'm not in favour of banning the Gumball, I'm in favour of harsher laws regarding death by dangerous driving...perhaps they would think twice before going too fast for their ability.
Quote from spookthehamster :They didn't steal a car, another Gumballer picked them up.

Yup, i misread that they stole a car...

Anyway, leaving the scene was really cold, i can't believe they did that.. and that one year sentence can't get in my head? They are charging them just for leaving the accident and compromising traffic?! How's that possible, just because they are part of some fancy rich guys rally organization, they have cameras and all, they are famous, etc, they can't let them go that easily, they killed a guy and that's it!
Quote :
"They were arrested on charges of endangering traffic and abandoning an accident victim."

The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence.

Sounds like the one year sentence is just on endangering traffic and abandoning the accident, I'm sure if they get them for manslaughter it will be much more
Isnt Jackass in the Gumball300?
Manslaughter, 5 years imprisonment. They think they can do whatever they like, but killing or severely injuring innocent people has to be punished. Go race on the Autobahn, or a circuit, but not on ****ing public roads.
It's not the Gumballs fault that people are stupid and/or cant drive.
if they wanna have fun driving their cars fast they should go do it on a track, not on public streets.
I think they must have forgot the purpose of this, Charity. I've been a fan of the Gumball 3000 for a few years, Most of the drivers are fairly sensible (please don't start flaming) and have been doing this for a long time. There are accidents at every Gumball but this is unfortunate really, yes they should be punished more severely, no the Gumball shouldn't be banned, it just needs more organisation with the police enforcement when on the public roads out of the Autobahn.
I don't see why so many people here are so worked up about it. Sure, there's been a fatal accident.. do you know how many other similar fatal accidents also happened on the same day? Why not focus on those instead?

Seriously, you'd think this was the first time someone ever got killed in a car crash

As for the punishment, maybe that's how it is in the country they were in.

Regards,

Ian
Well I just read The Sun where this story is also in, Morley claimed that he was within the speed limit and that the other vehicle pulled out in front of his path. If he was doing 150mph as reports claimed, surely all the people would be dead. Oh and they are going to be released without charge.

"They were arrested on charges of endangering traffic and abandoning an accident victim."

The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence.

Says in the Newspaper, that they were also going to be charged with crashing at excess speed or something like that with a maximum sentence of 8 years...
Well, if they weren't speeding it's a whole other case. 'Just another' car accident I guess :/
Quote from hrtburnout :Well, if they weren't speeding it's a whole other case. 'Just another' car accident I guess :/

Even if they were speeding, it's still "just another car accident". It is sad that it's happened, but if the Gumball Rally wasn't such a media magnet, do you really think this would have caused any stir whatsoever?

Regards,

Ian
Nah, it wouldn't have caused such a big stir as it causes now. It is stupid though, that they jumped in a mate's BMW and fled.

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG