The online racing simulator
Do you like oval?
(37 posts, started )
Do you like oval?
Joke, dont worry, no oval thread.

Just want to say: We have a new oval server runnin. FXR on Ky1 is a lot of fun with up to 30 players. Hope you will join for some laps, just ask for a setup or get a set at team inferno ! See ya on track!
I like it cause it reminds me of NASCAR.
Been on before, its good fun, makes a change from the BF1s
Yeah, cheers for the server, its a lot of fun
I like all kinds of Ovals, Shorttracks, Speedways, Super Speedways, I drive in several NASCAR Racing leagues, but we dont have any good Oval Track in LFS so I never drive on an Oval Track in LFS.
Harrrrrrrrrrrry..... you know what is happening when you start a thread like this...

anyway. fxr on oval is a very good combo and prepares pretty good for ... you know...

LFSCAR.com
No fun for me..been there with 9 drivers..

9 fps all the way....it's good fun but only for muscle maschines
yeah that sever is alot of fun when its packed with over 24 drivers
With 32 drivers LFSCAR will make sense. Still I've seen few of them at oval junkies.

Racing at oval is interesting, until there are FM guys on the track. Also we need to be able to set FXR to less downforce, for it to spin stupidly at any slight touch

Seriously speaking, to enjoy oval we need
(0) many racers
(1) cautions to draw everyone together again
(2) better draft physics. It seems to me that currently in LFS there is a slip-stream coridor beyond each separate car only for 0.2 sec, but there is no effect of wind beyond a big group of cars.
#10 - th84
Hmmmm, welcome back Harry?
Quote from faster111 :I like it cause it reminds me of NASCAR.

Funny! I hate the oval in LFS because it is nothing like NASCAR.
im sure that what he meant was this particular combo which is in fact much closer to something like nascar then the bf1 or any other car in lfs can be so far. But i can imagine what you actually meant mrodgers, the draft engine is by far not as realistic as in NR03S. Correct me if im wrong.
I don´t, and I don´t like Nascar. I like tracks and races where the drivers shows all their habilities, not only a pair of them.
But no problem having it in LFS, I know that people likes it and is good for us that LFS have tracks of all kinds
not an oval fan BUT i'd like an oval where you would need to use the middle pedal.
I like all Oval
Quote from Barroso :not an oval fan BUT i'd like an oval where you would need to use the middle pedal.

Me too. Surely it wouldn't be too hard or take too long to make one of those either and attach it to Aston or Kyoto or something.
Quote from Barroso :not an oval fan BUT i'd like an oval where you would need to use the middle pedal.

Middle pedal? I don't have a middle pedal....
-
(NitroNitrous) DELETED by NitroNitrous
#20 - Davo
I've been driving oval more and more lately since the FXR is being used, great close racing when there's good racers about. Can't wait for the aero model to be completed.
the kyoto ring is a trioval, okay why not, but it is not the typical "oval" in nascar. nascar has about 30 tracks and only 4 of them are tri-ovals (pocono, dytona, taladega and phoenix). btw. nascar races on 4 circuit tracks this season (watkins glen, sonoma, montreal gilles-villneuve, and Mexico City) so tri-ovals are as common as circuit tracks in nascar.

EDIT: Pocono is a tri-oval, but it has more the characteristic of a circuit track, as the 3 turns have almost no banking at all so:

2 of the 4 nascar-tri-ovals are superspeedways, phoenix is a shorttrack, and pocono is pocono.

kyoto is classified as a normal speedway track (not a super-speedway) as it is only 1.8 miles in length BUT you can full throttle there with almost all cars. this is probably because of the lack of a proper V8 stock car. normal speedway characteristic is when you have to lift the gas on some parts.

so we have a tri-oval which is not common in general AND also a tri-oval which isn't a superspeedway.

one more thing: most of the ovals in nascar have banked straights. on the kyoto oval the straights are on the biggest part flat which makes the outer line in 90% of the cases the slowest as it is the longest line. however there are nascar tracks which have logarithmic bankings which makes the shortest line and the outer line equal in speed. so people don't have to cross from left to right as it is now. they just can stay high without any problem. (e.g. the new bristol track will be made like that)

so i think to get real nascar felling we need at least: a Super-speedway, a speedway Track (Kyoto), a Short-track and a V8 car, asymmetric tire changes, an automatic pace car-system, flying starts and of course a proper aero model with air cushion. did i miss something?

but yep FXR/XRR on kyoto on FM servers is the closest we can get at the moment.
Quote from LFSn00b :So why not putting XRR then?

I also like this GTR most, but it´s hard to start in a grid of FZRs and FXRs because there are excelleration much faster because of the traction. Also the weight penalty in the new patch makes it hard to win.
Quote from Mike85 :If only the grid were full. And I still dont know how to start properly.

Hi!

The trick to get a proper start is:
1.Hold the clutch
2.Put in the 1st gear
3.Hit the throttle
4.Release the clutch when the light turns green!

U need pressure on your Turbo to get a proper start with this car!!

Oh, and Yessssssssss I'm back,too!! The BF1 on the Oval was so annoying, that I decided to try the FXR on the oval (Lot's of fun!!!!) and I'm also racing other combos from time to time.
Quote from Crazy Harry :Joke, dont worry, no oval thread.

Just want to say: We have a new oval server runnin. FXR on Ky1 is a lot of fun with up to 30 players. Hope you will join for some laps, just ask for a setup or get a set at team inferno ! See ya on track!

what is the server called, is it a 24hour server i would love to race on it
Quote from hughesie89 :what is the server called, is it a 24hour server i would love to race on it

Hi!

The server is called [FM] Oval Starters (It runs on Patch W17).And,yes it's online 24/7!

CU,BlasteR

Do you like oval?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG