The online racing simulator
Atmospherical Improvements
(78 posts, closed, started )
Quite frankly, EA Trax is incredibly ANNOYING. Especially since it covers up things in the menus which are actually valuable (like the QUIT button, the best button in any EA title...).

How is a shifting animations and a shitty EA Trax-like thing going to make driving less repetative. If racing is repetative, this is not the sort of entertainment for you.

Weather conditions have been suggested literally hundreds of times. Other ambient details have also been suggested and discussed hundreds of times.

Ever post I see from you is of no value or origionality; that has nothing to do with you being a demo racer. That has to do with you, and how you present yourself on the forum. Don't bitch and moan when you don't get treated like a princess; you've done nothing to earn it.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift : or maybe if grass affects tire performance.

Erm, driving on the grass DOES affect the tires, in fact dirt stays on your tires until it wears off.

Also, I wouldn't complain about being bored of driving when you (supposedly) are only able to use one track... That doesn't make sense at all.
Quote from MAGGOT :Quite frankly, EA Trax is incredibly ANNOYING. Especially since it covers up things in the menus which are actually valuable (like the QUIT button, the best button in any EA title...).

How is a shifting animations and a shitty EA Trax-like thing going to make driving less repetative. If racing is repetative, this is not the sort of entertainment for you.

Weather conditions have been suggested literally hundreds of times. Other ambient details have also been suggested and discussed hundreds of times.

Ever post I see from you is of no value or origionality; that has nothing to do with you being a demo racer. That has to do with you, and how you present yourself on the forum. Don't bitch and moan when you don't get treated like a princess; you've done nothing to earn it.

I never said anything about me being a demo racer. In fact, I think you are just making these things up because you want to put an argument on me . Ph and I quoted the whole thing because the spelling mistakes make me laugh !
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Erm, driving on the grass DOES affect the tires, in fact dirt stays on your tires until it wears off.

Also, I wouldn't complain about being bored of driving when you (supposedly) are only able to use one track... That doesn't make sense at all.

Oh, my mistake

Oh, and I didn't really mean it in that way. I meant..well. When i show people LFS, they just sort of see it as cheap fun. Like, "WHOO NEEDS TO BUY THIS CRAP! IT'S FINE AS IT IS" kind of attitude. The people I try to show it to are usually turned off by the difficulty (not a problem for me :tilt or by the fact that nothing much happens. I see your points though, and I agree.

Quote from Electrik Kar :I think the problem people are having with these ideas, is that they aren't really very original ideas, they're things which already exist in other games- in one form or another. Your suggestions (especially the music tracks names) sound very NFS'ish. LFS isn't trying to be like NFS, rather LFS stands quite proudly in opposition to games of that ilk. NFS is arcadey fun, whereas LFS is being designed consciously as an accessible but serious sim.

I'm sure if you took ideas from LFS and presented them to the NFS guys, you'd quite likely recieve a similarly cold reception... Tire flex? Advanced physics??? Who'd really want those?

No, trust me, NFS is the LAST thing I want this game to end up like
"Nothing much happens"?

Odd. Last time I joined a server and raced a dozen other UF1s at South City Classic, plenty happened But then, LFS is online-focused and doesn't have any real single player content, which is likely what they meant.

If your friends are turned off by difficulty, wait until you buy S2 and show them the Raceabout or the LX6 ...
#30 - JJ72
Um..more "style"? Don't think dressing up a game with flashy video cut and funky colour makes it "stylish" to me, I understand you might be exposed to this kind of "style" in the general media and think this is what professional packaging is ought to be, but that's just NOT the case.

This is a serious sim, where people spend most of their time...driving, shredding time off every lap, you have your freedom in expressing your artistic sense by skins and all that, however the base program is, and should be a simple and straightforward interface, cause this is a simulator instead of a out right game that tries to give you visual and audio stimulation every time you click a mouse. Atmosphere? or sensory overload? I think if you really put your mind into the driving, spending time out on the track, fiddling with setup, you will find it really annoying when a bar jumps out from the bottom of the screen telling what track you are listening to.

Maybe you ain't enough of a sim-racer, i fear.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :
And it's not that the cars are repetitive, but I mean, LFS doesn't seem to have enough...well style. It just makes the game seem low budget. And, well, improving, things (such as wind, rain, fog, snow) would be nice too.

Style? I really like the LFS interface, it's clear, it loads in 0 seconds, it's functional, and everything is just two or three clicks away.

Every project needs priorities, the sim racing market priority is physics+netcode while in the arcade market eyecandy and overused effects is the key to win. And I don't have a problem with it, but don't pretend that LFS has to enter that market.

LFS is more like a tool and less like a toy. Toys need to be shiny and beautiful, and it's ok. Tools need to be functional, accurate, robust. Maybe gold looks good for a ring, but it surely sucks for a screwdriver.

About rain, fog, etc... just give it time, nobody said it's not going to come, and better effects too, just give it time. Cooking with the microwave can save your day, but it surely doesn't taste like a good oven slowly cooked meal
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :............

Dude all your posts end up the same way! You say/suggest something, I can't think of a nice way to describe it so I'll just leave that for now....

....then people say that it's not needed, already been posted or just plain pointless and you quote everyone who said something and give them some shit and repeat until the end of time.

You can obviously post whatever you want but until you figure out in your own head what’s good and what not you'll always get the same ending, which will only get worse over time as people get more and more annoyed, including yourself.
Quote from Eldanor :Style? I really like the LFS interface, it's clear, it loads in 0 seconds, it's functional, and everything is just two or three clicks away.

About rain, fog, etc... just give it time, nobody said it's not going to come, and better effects too, just give it time. Cooking with the microwave can save your day, but it surely doesn't taste like a good oven slowly cooked meal

That's true, and I agree with you. And nice metaphor

Quote from garph :Dude all your posts end up the same way! You say/suggest something, I can't think of a nice way to describe it so I'll just leave that for now....

....then people say that it's not needed, already been posted or just plain pointless and you quote everyone who said something and give them some shit and repeat until the end of time.

You can obviously post whatever you want but until you figure out in your own head what’s good and what not you'll always get the same ending, which will only get worse over time as people get more and more annoyed, including yourself.

It would be nice if you contributed to the topic or didn't post at all.
Fine, enjoy the ass kicking you get every time you post then
why dont you just get a game like nfs dude, seeing as you like all the crappy stuff that game has?
IMO it's a stupid idea that will not add anything to the game itself.
lets move on
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :When i show people LFS, they just sort of see it as cheap fun. Like, "WHOO NEEDS TO BUY THIS CRAP! IT'S FINE AS IT IS" kind of attitude. The people I try to show it to are usually turned off by the difficulty (not a problem for me :tilt or by the fact that nothing much happens. I see your points though, and I agree.

I understand exactly what you're saying, but what you have to understand is that LFS does not care in the slightest about the type of people that you describe, nor should it. LFS is not targetting people concerned with difficulty, concerned with silly scrolling effects, silly goals to acheive or concerned with "nothing much happening". In LFS, the goal is racing others - period. It's the excitement of racing wheel to wheel with the most accurate vehicle dynamics possible. That's what everyone HERE gets excited about. If your friends are not excited by those core things, then LFS is quite simply not for them - and that's OK. We certainly don't need goofy visual effects to attract people that are not attracted to LFS for what it is, and what it aims to be. Flooding LFS with the market looking for those things would be a bad idea.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :I never said anything about me being a demo racer. In fact, I think you are just making these things up because you want to put an argument on me . Ph and I quoted the whole thing because the spelling mistakes make me laugh !
Oh, my mistake

What am I making up? I never said that you said anything about it, I'm saying that you present yourself as an idiot on the forum, and you get treated in that way in return. The fact that you are a demo racer is irrelevant. That was my point. I fail to see anything false about my statements?

If you would start presenting yourself properly, and using a little thought in your posts people wouldn't be on your case. You have a reputation here because you created one. Like I said, don't bitch and moan, you dug your own hole.
Next thing ppl will be suggesting we put UFO's in it.

V
Quote from MAGGOT :Quite frankly, EA Trax is incredibly ANNOYING. Especially since it covers up things in the menus which are actually valuable (like the QUIT button, the best button in any EA title...).

It's most annoying in Burnout Revenge - it covers your boost meter
I'd like to know what kind of atmosphere do you live in where this is commonplace?

Does a score fly in from above and chime at you

"BOILING THE KETTLE 2^10 POINTS!!!"

I mean, seriously, what the hell!?
Quote : Does a score fly in from above and chime at you

Depends what you get upto recreationally...
Lol! ^^^

Why.. whatever do you mean?
Quote from squidhead :IMO it's a stupid idea that will not add anything to the game itself.
lets move on

Wow, finally, a post that disagreed with me, but still actually made sense, and kept it short and sweet. Thanks for the contribution!

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I understand exactly what you're saying, but what you have to understand is that LFS does not care in the slightest about the type of people that you describe, nor should it. LFS is not targetting people concerned with difficulty, concerned with silly scrolling effects, silly goals to acheive or concerned with "nothing much happening". In LFS, the goal is racing others - period. It's the excitement of racing wheel to wheel with the most accurate vehicle dynamics possible. That's what everyone HERE gets excited about. If your friends are not excited by those core things, then LFS is quite simply not for them - and that's OK. We certainly don't need goofy visual effects to attract people that are not attracted to LFS for what it is, and what it aims to be. Flooding LFS with the market looking for those things would be a bad idea.

True. But these people aren't generic or anything. They really like realism. But at a passing glance, LFS just doesn't look fun to them. Although, I did let some of them play for about 20 minutes and even if they crashed all over Blackwood, they still had fun.

Quote from MAGGOT :What am I making up? I never said that you said anything about it, I'm saying that you present yourself as an idiot on the forum, and you get treated in that way in return. The fact that you are a demo racer is irrelevant. That was my point. I fail to see anything false about my statements?

If you would start presenting yourself properly, and using a little thought in your posts people wouldn't be on your case. You have a reputation here because you created one. Like I said, don't bitch and moan, you dug your own hole.

What I thought you were making up was that you keep saying how I say that it's all about me being demo. I don't say that, or believe in that anymore, and I didn't post it here. Look back and try to find when I said that. And presenting myself properly, what do you mean? Finally, maybe I should start biasing others and giving them reputations.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Depends what you get upto recreationally...

! Nice post hahah.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :What I thought you were making up was that you keep saying how I say that it's all about me being demo. I don't say that, or believe in that anymore, and I didn't post it here. Look back and try to find when I said that. And presenting myself properly, what do you mean?

I never said it was all about you being a demo racer; I said it had nothing to do with that. I never said that you mentioned anything about it.

Presenting yourself properly? That means putting some thought into your posts (which historically you have not been doing).

Quote :Finally, maybe I should start biasing others and giving them reputations.

That doesn't even make sense. You don't "bias" someone. And you don't give people reputations, they give themselves reputations. You have given yourself the reputation of not thinking before you speak (or type, as is the case on this forum).
Quote from MAGGOT :.."..that has nothing to do with you being a demo racer..." Don't bitch and moan when you don't get treated like a princess; you've done nothing to earn it.

That is where you said that I was complaining about being treated unfairly as a demo racer.

And historically is just as it is, historic. The point is, if you can only think of people from how they previously acted to you, you probably keep tabs on people and your enemies probably tend to stay enemies. But I don't care what you think .

And if you find it so annoyingly irritating and horrible for me to post about some idea that you dislike, I understand, it was a bad idea, but does that mean you have to throw a hissy-fit?

And I didn't ask for any special treatment either. If you look at someone by their reputations only, then I imagine you get along with the cool kids in grade two.
#47 - JJ72
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :
True. But these people aren't generic or anything. They really like realism. But at a passing glance, LFS just doesn't look fun to them. Although, I did let some of them play for about 20 minutes and even if they crashed all over Blackwood, they still had fun.

However I guess their understanding of realism isn't on the physics side though? Or their depth of knowledge in realism has yet reach what LFS offers, you know there are people who ditch NFS as arcade however would play GT4 very happily not noticing how wrong the physics is. I guess someone seasoned in driving and have the correct mindset won't be crashing around even in a new sim.
Quote from JJ72 :However I guess their understanding of realism isn't on the physics side though? Or their depth of knowledge in realism has yet reach what LFS offers, you know there are people who ditch NFS as arcade however would play GT4 very happily not noticing how wrong the physics is. I guess someone seasoned in driving and have the correct mindset won't be crashing around even in a new sim.

I guess that is why I liked LFS so much! I didn't like how the other games handled so fakely.
CriticalDrift - What did you expect would happen when you started this thread? DId you expect people to flock to you and unanimously agree with every one of your suggestions? Of course you did, or else you wouldn't be involved in this war with maggot. This stuff has been mentioned over and over and over and over again and people are annoyed with you bringing them up again. Most people in your shoes would simply learn from it and use the search function next time and that would be the end of it. But nooo, you choose to put up a prolonged fight, and now even I'm annoyed with you. Maggot's right, put some thought into your future posts, because right now the whole community seems to be against you. I know I won't defend you again if you choose to act like an idiot.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :CriticalDrift - What did you expect would happen when you started this thread? DId you expect people to flock to you and unanimously agree with every one of your suggestions? Of course you did, or else you wouldn't be involved in this war with maggot. This stuff has been mentioned over and over and over and over again and people are annoyed with you bringing them up again. Most people in your shoes would simply learn from it and use the search function next time and that would be the end of it. But nooo, you choose to put up a prolonged fight, and now even I'm annoyed with you. Maggot's right, put some thought into your future posts, because right now the whole community seems to be against you. I know I won't defend you again if you choose to act like an idiot.

There you go assuming things. When I started this thread I just expected input. That's all I wanted.
This thread is closed

Atmospherical Improvements
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG