The online racing simulator
I will be there Monday morning, marshal sign on is between 7:00 and 8:00.
If I have time I'll pop over to say hello before I have to be on post.
By the way, my 16 year old niece will be doing her first day as a paddock marshal.
#52 - Smax
If you were ever to get yourself to Castle Donington or Le Mans you'd better believe I'd come and stick fingers up at you...Castlecombe is too far away and I can't get out of spud chucking...
Seems that the official site is currently dead. Is this a pre-book tickets job? or is it a pay as you turn up thing? If it's the latter, it's not far away from me, be a good crack

Plus i've driven the track myself in my hairdresser special (MX-5), so it'll be nice to see people doing it properly
Formula Vee is also racing this weekend. I'm hoping to join the grid next year, just gotta find the 6-odd grand for a season

Good luck on Monday Tristan!

P.S. If you find yourself talking to Martin Galpin (a Formula Vee driver, one of the frontrunners) then mention LFS. He has an S2 license but apparently found it difficult to get into.
Quote from Quietus :Seems that the official site is currently dead. Is this a pre-book tickets job? or is it a pay as you turn up thing? If it's the latter, it's not far away from me, be a good crack

Plus i've driven the track myself in my hairdresser special (MX-5), so it'll be nice to see people doing it properly

Hmm, it does seem down at the moment. But you can just roll up and get a ticket on the gate, so no worries. Quite a lot of different car types there, so plenty of variety.

I want to drive it in my MX-5 one day. I've done Combe a couple of times in trackdays, but only in classic FWD cars. At least I know my way around, and I've 'refreshed' my memory by using a Formula BWM mod for rFactor on it too (rFactor is soooo awful it's untrue!)

Quote from Leifde :Formula Vee is also racing this weekend. I'm hoping to join the grid next year, just gotta find the 6-odd grand for a season

Good luck on Monday Tristan!

P.S. If you find yourself talking to Martin Galpin (a Formula Vee driver, one of the frontrunners) then mention LFS. He has an S2 license but apparently found it difficult to get into.

It's not cheap is it! Maybe we'll race on the same day next year!

If I get the chance to talk to him then I'll probably mention it - why did he find it difficult to get into? Time constraints, or not liking the lack of physical sensations whilst driving?
He thinks it was the lack of real tracks IIRC. His website - www.number66.net

He has a review of RACE on there so I emailed him about LFS. He's planning to do a review at some time
Proper! Might have to break out the long lens and drive over No idea how i'm gonna find any of you guys, so if anyone spots a lanky 6ft4 git in a silver MX-5 (mk2.5) then wander over

oh, and i'm Alan in the real world.
I've already made arrangements to impregnate a bunch of supermodels this weekend. Sorry, can't get out of it.
I'm hoping to drop in about 10 or so
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've already made arrangements to impregnate a bunch of supermodels this weekend. Sorry, can't get out of it.

I'm sure I can find a space in the master bedroom of our motorhome whilst you do that. Whilst I sign on or something, or collect my times.
Dam I had a bad deja-vu.

And a deja-vu of having a deja-vu about this.

Either Kev has already used that supermodel excuse...or the other side of my brain is running late (which is suspected to be the reason for deja-vues).

Well, hard job Kev...stay har...strong! Mentally.

And good luck Tristan :P
I will be there. It's supposed to be raining so I hope you all bring your Brellies =)

I was considering not going because of the rain, but since so many of you are going I will gladly stand in a bit of rain to watch =)
Quote from Blackout :Either Kev has already used that supermodel excuse...or the other side of my brain is running late (which is suspected to be the reason for deja-vues).

I don't know, maybe I have used it before, but I'm going to go with "Your brain doesn't work properly" based on what I've seen of you in the last couple of years.

Quote from Blackout : Well, hard job Kev...stay har...strong! Mentally.

I will try to keep my pecker up.

Quote from Viper93 :I will be there. It's supposed to be raining so I hope you all bring your Brellies =)

Oh man, I'm missing a wet race? Someone take pictures if he crashes.
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Oh man, I'm missing a wet race? Someone take pictures if he crashes.

Chances are he will be more wet than you will be =)
The biggest worry with rain will be getting my chuffin' car out of the "field" car park!

I'll play it by ear on the day
Quote from Quietus :The biggest worry with rain will be getting my chuffin' car out of the "field" car park!

I'll play it by ear on the day

Well I am more than happy to ferry anyone from any nearby place to the track.
Quote from Viper93 :Well I am more than happy to ferry anyone from any nearby place to the track.

And i'm happy to fork some cash for fuel i'll PM you sunday or something and let you know what's occuring. Cheers!

EDIT: Although, just backed up the thread to find out where you're driving from, and it'll be a bit of a stint outta your way! Might be able to blag a lift from my mate in his Audi tho... or I could stop being a wuss, and risk my stupid car. I'll sort it
Quote from Viper93 :I will be there. It's supposed to be raining so I hope you all bring your Brellies =)

And the wet tyres

To be honest I'm not THAT bothered by rain, as long as it's wet enough to need wets. What really worries me is when it's dry enough for slicks but still quite damp - THAT is hard!

Besides, my rain light is lovely, so it could do with some usage
Quote from Quietus :And i'm happy to fork some cash for fuel i'll PM you sunday or something and let you know what's occuring. Cheers!

EDIT: Although, just backed up the thread to find out where you're driving from, and it'll be a bit of a stint outta your way! Might be able to blag a lift from my mate in his Audi tho... or I could stop being a wuss, and risk my stupid car. I'll sort it

It's not that far.... and I enjoy driving my car =)

It would probably only add another 30 min or so to the drive I would think, no big deal =) Thats if you want to ride in the worlds fastest factory FWD... for some people thats just a big turnoff =)

I can't wait now tristan =) Just the idea seeing you in your fancy rain light =)
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've already made arrangements to impregnate a bunch of supermodels this weekend. Sorry, can't get out of it.

might i suggest you (and i hate to say that for lack of a more appropriate wording) pull out before the child support claims ruin you ?
Shot, pure perfection at wording that phrase :P
Alas My Drivers licence was taken away, otherwise i woulda been there, to see how the pro who comments on my teams driving all the time does it hehehehehe

Hopefully i'll have it back by the next race (unless someones going via Cornwall, hehe)

Best of luck out there Matey
Quote from Viper93 :It's not that far.... and I enjoy driving my car =)

It would probably only add another 30 min or so to the drive I would think, no big deal =) Thats if you want to ride in the worlds fastest factory FWD... for some people thats just a big turnoff =)

What car you driving?

And back on topic, the combe website is backup. Plenty of racing to be had on the day, so should be a goodun, even if Tristan does bin it in qualifiers!

but seriously, gl mate...
Quote from Quietus :What car you driving?

And back on topic, the combe website is backup. Plenty of racing to be had on the day, so should be a goodun, even if Tristan does bin it in qualifiers!

but seriously, gl mate...

http://www.front-runners.net/g ... 2/main.php?g2_itemId=1130

Example: 2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR 2005d.............Porsche Boxter S 2005
Price $23,000(including ACR package) ...............$53,000+ 58,000 as tested
HP 230 (in reality it's 270, 230 at the wheels) .....280
1/4 mile 13.8 (pb is 13.77)...............................13.8 (Both by C&D IIRC)
0-60 5.3......................................................5.2
Top Speed 152 (revlimited) .............................166
60-0 110ft................................................... 107ft.
slalom 76MPH ...............................................73MPH
skidpad .96 ....................................................97

Gl Tristan, will be getting my cheer leader outfit out for you and I think I still have a set of pom-poms =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG