The online racing simulator
Tristan + Reynard + Castlecoombe = LFS meet?
First off, I appreciate this is the wrong subforum, but I think it might deserve a brief bit of publicity before I get hammered by Bob, and our other moderator overlords.

According to Tristan's site it looks like he's due to be racing on May 7th, at Castlecoombe (my local track). Since I've got the day off, and I've not been to the track for about a year now, I think it could be quite cool if a bunch of LFS'ers could be there to cheer Tristan on. Failing that we'll just make him more nervous.

Anyone feel like joining me with the fluffy pompoms and the short skirts?

Details on Castlecoombe can be found on their official website. May 7th will include;
Quote :Formula Vee, Stock Hatch, Locost, RGB & Monoposto Championships, plus round 2 of the Castle Combe Championships for FF1600, Special GTs and Saloons, the latter featuring the 100th Castle Combe Saloon Car Race

Tickets cost about £15, per person, and you get free parking in a field, and a full "day" of racing (practise from 8:40am, races from 1pm). For a couple of quid more you can usually wander into the "paddock".

Food and beer is available (naturally), along with people pedaling various crap and trying to sell ridiculously pimped out cars and poor quality rims. Seating is pretty much non-existant, but you do get right upto the track. Lots of photo-ops!

Since it is the bank holiday, it will be very busy, and it's not the easiest place to get into when it's not busy, due to various bottlenecks.
That's sodding miles away. Certainly a long way to go to look at Tristan. Make him go to Mallory or something.

Do they have nice biscuits?
Funny what different people think is a long way away. I drive nearly 30 miles to work every day so 120 miles for an event wouldn't bother me a bit. Too bad I'm not in the UK.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's sodding miles away. Certainly a long way to go to look at Tristan. Make him go to Mallory or something.

Pfft, question of scale :P Mallory is bloodly miles away for me

Quote from thisnameistaken : Do they have nice biscuits?

No idea.. there is a certain company with a similar name that I look after at work, which produces very fine cheese though...

Something I forget to mention was that there's also an outdoor karting track and a skidpan there as well. These are probably well booked up by now, but they're also fun to watch
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Funny what different people think is a long way away. I drive nearly 30 miles to work every day so 120 miles for an event wouldn't bother me a bit. Too bad I'm not in the UK.

Yeah, but I think Kev would be walking as he doesn't even have a driving license
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I drive nearly 30 miles to work every day so 120 miles for an event wouldn't bother me a bit.

It's 240 miles from here to Castle Combe.

Quote from Blackout :Yeah, but I think Kev would be walking as he doesn't even have a driving license

That is a good point. I'm supposed to be learning to drive actually for work, but I haven't got around to it yet. I still have no desire whatsoever to drive a car.
#7 - bhs
Glad to see you're still playing LFS.
Who, me?

LFS doesn't simulate sitting in traffic for an hour, or staring at endless hours of monotonous motorway. I can't think of anything duller than driving an actual car on actual roads, but thankfully LFS doesn't make me do that.

FTR: I did used to drive (had to) when I lived in the USA for a few years, so it's not like I've never driven a car before. I just don't find day-to-day driving at all interesting. I would rather take a train.
Quote from thisnameistaken :LFS doesn't simulate sitting in traffic for an hour, or staring at endless hours of monotonous motorway. I can't think of anything duller than driving an actual car on actual roads, but thankfully LFS doesn't make me do that.

Never been to a "cruise" server then
Quote from the_angry_angel :Never been to a "cruise" server then

Actually yes I have! Because none of the race servers were doing anything interesting at all. My god was it boring, at least until Bawbag turned up, then it got interesting.
a) waaay too busy with Uni work until the end of May
b) 305 miles is quite a distance for me to cycle

I'm out

Sounds fun though
Not enough notice I am afraid
who is tristan?
why would i want to see him?
oh nevermind, i live in germany anyway.
#14 - JJ72
I will be there in my role of Marshal so I'll give him a wave.
Wow, wasn't expecting this...

Of course any and all of you are welcome to come and watch, cheer me on, and make me throw up beforehand from pure nervousness!!!

@Karl - Hope to see you there
@Callous Hooper - let me know where you're marshalling so I can be sure to spin off at 'your' corner on the first lap (of practice :P)

It's also nice to know that a few people DO look at my website from time to time
- there's a website?
- please buy me a ticket to England, then I'll be there Maybe rent me a car too And a cart!
Websites:

Castle Combe = http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/
Mine = http://www.reynard883.com

Ticket to England:
No

Rent a Car:
Only if you give me your credit card and insurance details

Rent a Cart:
I don't think a Cart/Champcar would get in. And there isn't any Kart racing at Combe that weekend (is there ever?)
Nice website you've got there, I'm in class not paying attention on how to make one
But now I know who I can ask for help
Callous Hooper, cool job

Quote from tristancliffe :I don't think a Cart/Champcar would get in. And there isn't any Kart racing at Combe that weekend (is there ever?)

The kart track is totally separate
screw making up an excuse, like time of notice, or too far, or my dogs sick...I just dont like tristian

and I start Basic training on monday.
Quote from LFSn00b :Give me some money and a ticket and i will be watching you.

will sound awefully familiar to bob or ben or whatever he calls himself these days
Quote from sgt.flippy :Nice website you've got there, I'm in class not paying attention on how to make one
But now I know who I can ask for help

I don't know much - I use Joomla CMS Makes it easy to do clever looking stuff. My actual talent for websites is very low

Quote from LFSn00b :Give me some money and a ticket and i will be watching you.

Hmmm, are you sure you won't get the wrong date again? How about you meet me in the paddock and I'll give you a little bit of money towards travelling expenses. Not saying how much yet, but more than £1.
If you're offering incentives then: If anybody wants to drive to York to get me, and bring a bottle of a nice single malt to entertain me on the way there, then I'll come.

And a sandwich. With some sort of oniony relish on it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :If you're offering incentives then: If anybody wants to drive to York to get me, and bring a bottle of a nice single malt to entertain me on the way there, then I'll come.

And a sandwich. With some sort of oniony relish on it.

I had onions last night...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG