The online racing simulator
To the owner of the OLT Pro Racing server (W17)
Can I just say, although I only had a single race last night, TBO's @ Aston Historic, it was one of the most fun races I have had for a long time, that combo is a blast and dicing my RB4 against the top running XRT's was top notch.

Here's hoping this combo continues to appear, but a few more than 3 laps next time
It definitely is a fun combo I agree.

Hoe and Vari really found some good tracks to have races on . For the XRT at that track, it feels GREAT. Pushing it to the limit there is really good, and I don't think people realize just how nice the XRT drives lately, especially for a long twisty track like that. I particularly like it because of the good speed the XRT carries through the corners, but also the MUCH longer braking lines than your usual faster cars. The car is basically always on the limit there, feels great.
Aston Historic was made for the TBO's, and VERY underused and underated combo
That's the combo I use for about 90% of my offline races... haven't tried the new patches with the handicaps and clutch preload, but it was fun against FZ50 AI drivers
glad you like it.
to your request regarding more laps: we decided to focus on fewer lap races, cause we think it fits better for public servers and some short online fun. of course nothing beats a thrilling long race with pit stops and all, but that's what leagues are for, imo.
Well, TBO is now much more fun as it's more balanced, but the I got to say that the server is fun. Only had few races there yesterday, but I hope it stays popular after we hit patch X and STCC gets going again as on this server the races are more fun and it's quality over the idiotic points.

Would be a blast if the guys could run LRF or Lx4 races every now and then though. There is no proper server for those.

And maybe the amount of laps could increase to a certain limit when more players join the game? Make it double when there is over 15 players for example? The races were about 7-8 minutes, 15 wouldn't be that long.
Fair enough, it's just after 3 laps I was hankering to go a bit more, I would say 5 laps would be perfect
Quote from Tweaker :I don't think people realize just how nice the XRT drives lately

You know what I can't stand? The fact that I love the XRT, but the moment I jump in an RB4 my lap times improve by over a second. That angers me, because I hate the way that damn car drives unless I'm on a rallycross course.

Then again the XRT won't chew through its front tires in 5 laps...

I think I just need a better XRT setup. It's a wonderfully balanced car and is a joy to keep at the limit of traction setting up and exiting every corner in any track.
#10 - vari
Thanks

The lap counts are set so that each race is just under 10 minute mark. More laps would be sweet, sure but only on certain conditions I think. Such a long track would be kinda boring to drive with only few racers hence I'm wondering if we could make some kind of dynamic system for this too. (more racers=more laps) I bet Shittie wouldn't like that though since he has his hands full already

We'll see. However I can up the count whenever I'm around if the majority wants it.
Holy bumbage Batman!

I really loved the combo too last night. Great races and plenty of action going on!
yeah sure is nice combo. i must say that its one of the servers i like most lately. the thing is, it uses patch W17 with balanced TBO class and there is no FXO ownage like it used to be and what is also good is that there are all cars being driven there as i cant say for other W servers where clearely FXO is the most used.

What i would also like to see is some reversed tracks.
for example:
- FE GOLD reversed
- SO Sprint 1 reversed
- westhill reversed...
#13 - Vain
I also raced there a while and it was a lot of fun.
Later I had some worse races with some unlucky moves and went before my bad mood influenced my driving.
As far as I can see the server mostly uses long tracks and I like that a lot. Aston Historic, Ky Gp, those are great tracks for close racing. Westhill would also fit. Aston Gt Rev is promising too.
Thanks for hosting.

Vain
#14 - vari
Quote from Alles :yeah sure is nice combo. i must say that its one of the servers i like most lately. the thing is, it uses patch W17 with balanced TBO class and there is no FXO ownage like it used to be and what is also good is that there are all cars being driven there as i cant say for other W servers where clearely FXO is the most used.

What i would also like to see is some reversed tracks.
for example:
- FE GOLD reversed
- SO Sprint 1 reversed
- westhill reversed...

Funny thing is that we started with only reverse tracks and nobody showed up There's some great reverse config's for sure and if the 'majority' wants something we'll add it of course but we must think of some ways to get to know what the majority wants first

Perhaps a voting system of some sort hmmm...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG