The online racing simulator
Live For Speed's Image
(11 posts, started )
Live For Speed's Image
I believe that LFS is displayed as a tarmac racing sim. You have the fast GTR cars, the F1 car, and an amazing array of tracks. As the devs have mentioned numerous times, LFS is a RACING sim, not just a Hardtack racing sim. Currently there are Two Rally tracks, Fern Bay and Blackwood. Blackwood is loads of fun with the XRT, or any of the three cars for that matter.

Now to the point, I believe that LFS is shadowing the fact that it supplies racers with a fairly decent Rally experience. Sure it's not perfectly modeled but it feels good to me. There are scarce amounts of Rally servers/ leagues and I think its the fault of the way LFS is projected. Maybe for S3 there could be one or two (not trying to be a greedy bastard) Rally configurations, to help give rally racing more of an impact. Or even just giving Rally racing a bit of a hype so we can have some steady servers and leagues going on. TBH, i would pay the $55 on the spot if Rally racing was more involved and not just a shadow from the awesome tarmac experience.

Thats just my two cents, and I hope we can discuss this in a civilized manor
~Bryan~
Most manors I've visited have been quite civilised indeed, except stately Wayne Manor, which has all manner of what appears to be crime-fighting equipment simply strewn about. Looks like a student share-house. Shame really.

Yup, ok, the topic.
Rally content has been discussed once or twice around here and it generally gets the big :up: I'd definitely love it! A Group A car or two, some filthy dirt stages/circuits and some mountainous tarmac and I'd be quite satisfied

Just a tip: perhaps be more descriptive in your thread titles (i.e., mention what the thread's about). I thought you were gonna start ragging on drifters/wreckers/n00bs/racers/atheists/whoever and how they harm LFS' image
Quote from Hankstar :Most manors I've visited have been quite civilised indeed, except stately Wayne Manor, which has all manner of what appears to be crime-fighting equipment simply strewn about. Looks like a student share-house. Shame really.

Yup, ok, the topic.
Rally content has been discussed once or twice around here and it generally gets the big :up: I'd definitely love it! A Group A car or two, some filthy dirt stages/circuits and some mountainous tarmac and I'd be quite satisfied

Just a tip: perhaps be more descriptive in your thread titles (i.e., mention what the thread's about). I thought you were gonna start ragging on drifters/wreckers/n00bs/racers/atheists/whoever and how they harm LFS' image

Smart.. ASS

But yeah, you can be a bit more descriptive.

And, sure, it does offer a great rally experience. Unfortunately, not broad enough. It should have a bigger league or something.
#4 - Mako.
Quote from Hankstar :A Group A car or two, some filthy dirt stages/circuits and some mountainous tarmac and I'd be quite satisfied

Why downsize? I want a groupB rally car!

And yes, a tarmac point to point narrow course thourgh a mountain would be
Quote from Mako. :Why downsize? I want a groupB rally car!

FXB: FXR with ~200hp moar power and rally tires.

And we also need a all gravel track(s).
#6 - SamH
Quote from dropin_biking :There are scarce amounts of Rally servers/ leagues and I think its the fault of the way LFS is projected.

I've run servers in certain configurations for days and not had a soul enter. I change back to any old "bog standard tarmac" track and players enter. Server admins generally want users to enjoy themselves and provide servers in order to do so. No players, no joy. Failing that we're all egotistical bastards and we're "fed on props".

Quote from dropin_biking :Maybe for S3 there could be one or two (not trying to be a greedy bastard) Rally configurations,

There was talk of a rally pack a number of years ago. Who knows if it was heresay or we'll ever see it.

Personally I think the reason we've not seen it is simply because there are a lot more people who have actual experience on the track and it's easier to tune the programming behind the sim with someone who can compare to real life.
+1 for more rally!
+1 for rally. I have just recently discovered the Fern Bay rally track and its the most fun i have had in ages.

Its also quite funny to give the AI fast cars with slicks on them and play dogem's
I agree here, not as much about the image of the game but expecially about the scenery of the rally races. I am not a fan of rally but a mountain side track would be fabulous, I'd probably get into that.
yeah rally tracks would be good i mean apart from the hybrid tyres there is also full rally tyres, that can really only be used as an option on rally tracks

we have the tyre we need the tracks, and if you want to go big, maybe a time travel to blackwood car park as it was being built (all dirt) and be able to put in dirt mounds, but that is just dreaming and lfs is a track race game and it does that very well but it still is cool to cut loose on a rallyx track in an rb4

Live For Speed's Image
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG