The online racing simulator
Come to the starters server (W17). I´ll kick your butt. In UF1. Reverse. Car AND track!
No way your crazy.. ill have my behind handed to me
Quote from Crazy Harry :Come to the starters server (W17). I´ll kick your butt. In UF1. Reverse. Car AND track!

Quote from IceMan31x :Look guys who here has oval experiance? Nobody? Call it what you will thats the joy of opinion, But before you say anything, watch this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=hFXzDVzMPvQ <----thats my sport "COME JOIN" ill be waiting

Motordirex, my family combined (my father, 2 uncles, and myself), has 30+ years of experience of racing on ovals, in karts & stockcars. I am a college educated professional, not a mindless idiot. I don't appreciate your ignorant comments about people who race ovals.

When you have any real world racing experience, please come back on here and comment on how easy (any) racing is.
I hate ignorant people who think they know what they're talking about. My dad raced dirt track for 30 years, my two brothers have been racing for 8, and I raced once or twice. Not a lot, but I am 14.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Ooh, Ovals take no talent? Ask your own team mate Iceman31X about that. Like any other type of course, Ovals are easy to make it around. That's a fact. Being FAST around them is totally different, like any other course.

"Insert foot here". hahaha

My opinion was talking about NASCAR...as far as what Mike does, Ive seen in real life. On short tracks a sprint car is more then a handful and are quite impressive...in real life.

As for ovals in LFS, wake me when its over.
I wouldnt go as far as saying ignorant people, the truth is they just dont know any better. Its a shame tho because they will let those feelings about the sport ruin there chances of ever getting to try, its truly a shame. Its made me the driver i am today, love it and would change a thing, im sure enough of the oval haters have chased my bumper for enough races (come kick my oval butt) EXCEPT CRAZY HARRY!! i dont want trouble
Quote from Falcon140 :I hate ignorant people who think they know what they're talking about. My dad raced dirt track for 30 years, my two brothers have been racing for 8, and I raced once or twice. Not a lot, but I am 14.

Quote from banshee56 :

Motordirex, my family combined (my father, 2 uncles, and myself), has 30+ years of experience of racing on ovals, in karts & stockcars. I am a college educated professional, not a mindless idiot. I don't appreciate your ignorant comments about people who race ovals.

When you have any real world racing experience, please come back on here and comment on how easy (any) racing is.

Lee, I know that in the US ovals are huge, even in Canada there are quite a few of them...paved and everything! There are a few on the island I live on as well.

As for my real world racing experience:
  • age 10 to 18; MotoX, Honda 50, CR 80
  • took a break until I was 23 then: 125 cc karting. Did the karting thing for 3 years until our local course was shut down, took the kart to the ovals, thought about a Dwarf car but didnt like ovals, sold the kart
  • age 26 bought a 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600. Raced WMRC and SRRC here in BC. 2005 took 3rd overall in the club championship, and top 5 with the WMRC
  • took a couple years off the bike racing to focus on other things. Race in AutoX events and now organize two motorcycle clubs and the PlusOne Performance autox club. I am promoting kart racing again and getting a series back here on Vancouver island where I live
So I feel my real world racing experience isnt that bad when i look at it now and yes, I have tried ovals. Sorry if I miffed everybody with my comment, that wasnt what I had meant to do.
OPEN WHEEL FOR LIFE!!
:headbang:RACING FOR LIFE

Don't dream guys, you won't have it
Quote from shadow2kx :Don't dream guys, you won't have it

Dreams is all we gots...from NASCAR to MotoGP in LFS. And your prolly right but you know what, we'll still keep playing.
For me, I don't like ovals, I stated that several times. I find them boring to watch even more boring to actually race. Does that mean I haven't done them? I've done them a lot in LFS, because I race F1 cars, and that is usually the only type up and running. A F1 car doing a constant left turn is annoying to me. I did several races on Annabelle server last night where were more fun the the FM oval. Since Annabelle has 20 laps and pit stop. Unlike the 8 lap sprints of FM. I was just so bored after a while, a few races I was starting to fall asleep. For me the fun of racing is not the constant gas pedal down, drafting, it gets old to me. Just slip streaming in a circle is boring. :/ Now sling shotting yourself around to out brake someone in a corner that is fun to me. These are just my opinions nothing else. Never letting go of the gas once isn't fun for me, continously shifting for X amount of lap while trying to do the best time is to me.

That being said, if LFS were to add some Indy or CART cars I would try it, to see what it is like. Would be for fun, but wouldn't be my main interest. As for NASCAR no, I don't like it, for 30 years I don't like it. (I'm 31, so the first year I might have thought about it. lol) It's always been country music on wheels to me, another thing I can't stand. lol Would I try it in LFS? Sure why not, but that type of racing holds no interest for me, so I wouldn't be doing it only out of bordum.

But I also believe LFS should add as many types of racing styles as possible. That includes NASCAR, Indy, CART, etc. Not my type of racing but it is to someone else.
Quote from Motordirex :Heres an opinion.

Stock cars...whatever. The V8 Supercars can be considered stock cars and Id drive those.

-1 billion for ovals...for talentless hacks with A.D.D. If I want to watch a mindless idiot goes in circles, I`ll watch my stupid dog chase his tail.

Oval may seem simple to the onlooker or the person cruising around it on their own, but it is much harder than you may think.

When you drive on an oval on your own, there are many different lines you can take that may never end up being fast. There is always one line that is fast, and it is usually pretty hard to find unless you have a lot of experience on the oval. Plus, the line you take into corners on an oval is much more aggressive than you would see on a road course since a road course tends to force racers wide at the entrance and exit while on an oval it is a much tighter line.

And when you add in other racers who are all trying to do the same thing you are lap after lap and fighting for the position you are in lap after lap, it can become EXTREMELY challenging. It is much tighter than you would see on a road course, not to say this makes road course is easy. Oval is a specialized type of racing that not anyone can jump in and be good at right away.

The source of this information is not completely myself. It is a condensed compilation of notes I took from a television show comparing oval racing and road course racing on the SPEED Channel (United States station dedicated to motorsports).

If you would like to test this, I and I am sure any other oval racer would be happy to oblige you in a race or two on the oval. Because it is easy to talk, let's see if you can do.

Sidenote: Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, just remember that there is hardly ANY case where an oval racer comes onto the forum and claims that they believe racing a road course is easy. Hmmmmmm.......maybe some of you should take heed and practice this courtesy yourselves. Many of the oval racers enjoy racing on road courses as well, and are quite good.
Quote from red_wing_2121 :Oval may seem simple to the onlooker or the person cruising around it on their own, but it is much harder than you may think.

When you drive on an oval on your own, there are many different lines you can take that may never end up being fast. There is always one line that is fast, and it is usually pretty hard to find unless you have a lot of experience on the oval. Plus, the line you take into corners on an oval is much more aggressive than you would see on a road course since a road course tends to force racers wide at the entrance and exit while on an oval it is a much tighter line.

And when you add in other racers who are all trying to do the same thing you are lap after lap and fighting for the position you are in lap after lap, it can become EXTREMELY challenging. It is much tighter than you would see on a road course, not to say this makes road course is easy. Oval is a specialized type of racing that not anyone can jump in and be good at right away.

The source of this information is not completely myself. It is a condensed compilation of notes I took from a television show comparing oval racing and road course racing on the SPEED Channel (United States station dedicated to motorsports).

If you would like to test this, I and I am sure any other oval racer would be happy to oblige you in a race or two on the oval. Because it is easy to talk, let's see if you can do.

Sidenote: Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, just remember that there is hardly ANY case where an oval racer comes onto the forum and claims that they believe racing a road course is easy. Hmmmmmm.......maybe some of you should take heed and practice this courtesy yourselves. Many of the oval racers enjoy racing on road courses as well, and are quite good.

Very well said Red Wing, Oval driving i now wonder how many will have the balls to come tothe oval and try driving there under good race cnditons, I'll bet lots will leave with their TAIL BEtween thier legs hehe.
See you on track matey.
and for those who are even more interested in oval racing just go to

=> lfscar.com

(we also have one race on aston club though)
No one said that ovals were easy. The objections to ovals was the fun factor involved with those of us that dont find them interesting to watch or race...and yes, Ive tried ovals.

The thing with Live For Speed is that its doesnt say Life For Ovals or Live For Road Racing...theres diversity in its title and I think that diversity should be explored, with some exceptions.

From my real world experience in racing, from hardest to easiest heres what Ive found:
  • road racing - kart and sedan
  • oval racing - kart and dwarf
  • motorcycle racing - dirt and road racing
Now, you may be wondering how racing two wheels is easier then 4, and here's why. My 4 wheel experiences I found hard because of the equipment Ive used. I may be a better driver, but if someone with not as much talent as me is in a better setup car, Im fooked. Karting wasnt as bad as we were in identical machines, but sedan racing sucked if your car sucked.

Motorcycles is all about ability...20% bike, 80% rider. Ive beat guys on tricked out 600's when my bike was bone stock, and guys on 750's and 1000cc bikes. So when you are able to get those kind of results because the guys you race arent as good as you, you'll find it easier and a lot more fun.

And just for the record, if I had not other choice but to race an oval in a beater or stock car class over sitting on my ass doing nothing, call me Lefty Lefterson.
Quote from Motordirex :The thing with Live For Speed is that its doesnt say Life For Ovals or Live For Road Racing...

Tell me: What do you know about lfs?
Attached images
FileZilla.jpg
Apparently I know more about LFS than Motordirex
Attached images
stat.jpg
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Apparently I know more about LFS than Motordirex

Wow. Can I touch you? Or could you send me your autograph?
Quote from Crazy Harry :Tell me: What do you know about lfs?

What are you trying to demonstrate...that Im a sexy beast, thanks!

If your talking about logged laps and miles as an indication of how much I know about LFS, what a juvenile comparison. I only play LFS on the weekends due to the fact that I work out of town. Sorry if I dont go to bed with it at night. :chair:

As for KeiichiRX7`s comment, based on your stats compared to mine and comparing the amount of races you have over me, we are pretty close as far as top 3 finishes: your 49% to my 43%. This compared to your total 1046 finished races, to my 137...and that youve done 13017 more laps then I have. So I guess your right, you do know more then me...way to go champ!
Unfortunately some people do think that online mileage shows how much they know about LFS. The high mileage just means they play so much that it's unlikely they really know all that much about LFS. Just ignore them. If we ignore people like that enough, they'll go away...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG