The online racing simulator
I'd like to see New Ovals, Nascar style cars+fix for BF1 sound
Hi Everyone,
PLZ just post your opinions , i dont want replies from the know it alls, on how to. !!!!
I would like to see maybe one or two new oval tracks plus the addition of Nascar style cars and also a fix for the new but aweful BF1 sound.

I am sure that after looking at the statistics that the oval track is the most used track besides Blackwood.
Blackwood is only really up there due to the fact it is also a demo track.

Also i would like to see a fix for the aweful new BF1 sound which sounds like a bee in a tin can, All the other cars now sound real cool but just what happened to the BF1
How i would love to see other ovals wouldnt you??
Please post your opinions on these asdditions and fix for the BF1 sound
Mahnamahna doo do do do doo
[FM]Popps
#2 - garph
If you really can't stand the way the BF1 sounds you can change it, go on track in single player or even in multiplayer with the BF1 and press, Shift A. A menu will come up that will allow you to edit the sound of the car.

p.s. In the top right it says, Seach This Forum. If you type in Nascar Oval you will get 34 results.
Quote from garph :If you really can't stand the way the BF1 sounds you can change it, go on track in single player or even in multiplayer with the BF1 and press, Shift A. A menu will come up that will allow you to edit the sound of the car.

p.s. In the top right it says, Seach This Forum. If you type in Nascar Oval you will get 34 results.

I know there is an auditor that allows you to adjust engine sounds, but it still doesnt do the job, does it? !!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I do know there are other posts relating to ovaltracks..
#4 - garph
BF1 sounds fine to me.

If the rest of the cars sound ok except for the BF1 then I'd just edit that one, you should be able to get close to something you like. There are probably different BF1 engine sounds that people have made and uploaded some where on the forum that you could try.

EDIT: They are in the Miscellaneous Addons bit http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39
+1 for Oval & Stock Car
:bewarespa :dnfnoob: :something
Quote from garph :BF1 sounds fine to me.

If the rest of the cars sound ok except for the BF1 then I'd just edit that one, you should be able to get close to something you like. There are probably different BF1 engine sounds that people have made and uploaded some where on the forum that you could try.

EDIT: They are in the Miscellaneous Addons bit http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Dugh i am not stupid and know how to use the engine editor, I also know how to "search".
Plz stop answering my post with stupid suggestions, I aint got senile dementia "yet" !!!!
Instead post an opinion either yes or no that you would like new oval tracks and a correct BF1 engine sound
Instead of repyling to this post again, Go away and just carry on mowing your grass. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:inq: :dnfnoob: :something
you may not be stupid, but you aren't very good at using the search engine.

yes i want more ovals in lfs and stockcars. but this has already been suggested about 800 times.
Quote from Gabkicks :you may not be stupid, but you aren't very good at using the search engine.

yes i want more ovals in lfs and stockcars. but this has already been suggested about 800 times.

Hi :monkey: nuts,
Well maybe this is the 801st time !!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked for opinions not critisisms :noob:
:ices_rofl, Some mothers do have them !!!!!!!!!!!
and if my spellings wrong then thats tuff too,, Now:ufo:har har har har always look on the bright side ??????????????????????????????????
isn't criticism also an opinion?
seriously... on this same first page of improvement suggestions, there is already a suggestion for stock cars, smaller ovals

and davews has his whole thread on how to improve sounds
.. the devs can't just "fix" the sounds the BF1 makes overnight, its a tad more complicated than that

thus i have no "opinion"

@mikey yep.. thats exactly what it is
and DaveWS just invented new way of influencing (or putting pressure ) on devs - see thread "Stock car sounds"

Ive not been looking in addons section lately, but in fact Pop, find sounds you like more there in sticker thread (my suggestion :woohoo

Quote from popps258 :I am sure that after looking at the statistics that the oval track is the most used track besides Blackwood.
Blackwood is only really up there due to the fact it is also a demo track.

Well, statistically, the oval is the 2nd most used track but that doesnt mean that its the most popular or the most driven on. You have to keep in mind that the oval is driven almost only with BF1 (and earlier FO8) which are the fastest cars in LFS. Most other tracks are driven with all cars so this statistic doesnt really say much.

You are doing a great job to improve the image of oval racers with your last 2 posts btw.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
+1 for oval's no matter what kind of but i'd prefer something like daytona or talladega
+1 for stockcars

In some way i have to agree on both sides, there has been alot of suggestions made in the past about this "combo", track or vehicle type and i bet some people gets annoyed by it. But why the spam? Because there's obviously a urgent need for such things. Im not saying that i support the spam in any way but lets just put it this way, LFS is most likely the first game which successfully put all those "racing styles" together and made it actually amazingly enjoyable, rally, drag & drift included, some people even create "free rooms" like C&R, CLC et cetera (forgive me if i forgot something) + the potential is still & by far unexhausted.
Well some other games did something simular already in some way or other but from my point of view, LFS is by far the best example that it actually works and a simulator can have all kinds of styles combined together without loosing its identity or authenticity.

Now the only problem is the community or some members of it. From what i have noticed in the past, alot of people here, besides those who are very polite, friendly & open for everything new or different, have got a lack of tolerance, tend to generalize things or simple spread wrong informations based on hearsay. Besides, since this is a "international forum", many language barriers can appear which is also a reason people should start "reading between the lines" and not judge every comment too serious, as long as its not insulting in any way. Also, after reading some very strange comments here and there, i do not understand why some people think they can have a influence on something very important, the decision of the developers on what kind of content will be added/ removed/ altered. Maybe there's a very small chance to do so but some people really try to decided in advance as like they are the developers themselves. This is at least for me, far more annoying then the "suggestion spam" and in the end, everybody except ScaViEr will have to wait and see what the next step will be. Bearing in mind that every patch was always a great step forward, i dont expect anything else & different for the future

Almost forgot to say something on-topic, im sure that this unique sound system will also be improved and i think it is by far not what it actually should be. Its already very complex and sounds more and more natural and since LFS is still alpha as far as i know, this is already a great preview for what we can probably expect in near future. And just in case, if this is already what it actually should be i think i just have to edit the car sounds i dislike by now a bit more. But to add a negative note as well, i agree with my mate Mr.Popps that the BF1 for now does not sound very realistic or like the "bee in a tin can". I at least couldn't find any preset or adjust it the way that it does.

Cheers
Heres an opinion.

Stock cars...whatever. The V8 Supercars can be considered stock cars and Id drive those.

-1 billion for ovals...for talentless hacks with A.D.D. If I want to watch a mindless idiot goes in circles, I`ll watch my stupid dog chase his tail.
oval haters ftw!!!
Quote from popps258 :Hi :monkey: nuts,
Well maybe this is the 801st time !!!!!!!!!!!!
:ices_rofl, Some mothers do have them !!!!!!!!!!!
and if my spellings wrong then thats tuff too,, Now:ufo:har har har har always look on the bright side ??????????????????????????????????

If you know that these have all been suggested (and you know how to fix one thing yourself) then why did you start this new thread?

Being immature is not going to help your cause, either (nor will smilies or overused puncutation marks).
Quote from Motordirex :Heres an opinion.

Stock cars...whatever. The V8 Supercars can be considered stock cars and Id drive those.

-1 billion for ovals...for talentless hacks with A.D.D. If I want to watch a mindless idiot goes in circles, I`ll watch my stupid dog chase his tail.

recently on the oval....
Attached files
catching the tail.mpr - 449.5 KB - 288 views
#20 - joen
Quote from popps258 :

Quote :
Instead post an opinion either yes or no that you would like new oval tracks and a correct BF1 engine sound

Ok. No.
Quote from Motordirex :Heres an opinion.

Ooh, Ovals take no talent? Ask your own team mate Iceman31X about that. Like any other type of course, Ovals are easy to make it around. That's a fact. Being FAST around them is totally different, like any other course.
Look guys who here has oval experiance? Nobody? Call it what you will thats the joy of opinion, But before you say anything, watch this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=hFXzDVzMPvQ <----thats my sport "COME JOIN" ill be waiting
Ice you suck. Everyone can do that. Needs no skill and so on...

@KeiichiRX7: Don´t step into the old ihateovalandyoulikeitsoyoumustbestupid-trap =)
@ Ice: looks dirty We need this for LFS fo shizzle!

@Harry: everybody get's busted once :P
LOL w00t w00t (shakes fist) will get you on the track

Quote from Crazy Harry :Ice you suck. Everyone can do that. Needs no skill and so on...

@KeiichiRX7: Don´t step into the old ihateovalandyoulikeitsoyoumustbestupid-trap =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG