The online racing simulator
All of the sudden the sequential up shifting (pulling towards me) does react on every little touch (down is ok). Anybody the same problem and a solution?
If the G25 shifter have FFB too ?
but feel the shifter its so frail,and easy to be stove!
anyway it's worth to make a collection!
Quote from tomylee :All of the sudden the sequential up shifting (pulling towards me) does react on every little touch (down is ok). Anybody the same problem and a solution?

same problem. really annoying. would like to know a fix too.
Quote from sidi :Use a stiffer spring.

[ATTACH]29172[/ATTACH]

OK, Thanks.
Means I have to open and might lose warranty. But at least it's an easy thing to get rid of

Do you remember by any chance the measurement of the spring (so that I can firt get it and then open it)?

Anything importend while opening it?
Quote from tomylee :All of the sudden the sequential up shifting (pulling towards me) does react on every little touch (down is ok). Anybody the same problem and a solution?

I have the exact same problem, and sometimes it even upshifts twice. Putting the gear debounce on 150ms helped, but this solution is far from ideal
Returning to a thread long lost and forgotten.

My G25 is revision 0.5A if I remember correctly (the very first patch).

Problems (or manufacturing features) encountered so far:

Wheel sounds different when comparing left and right turning if little or no force feedback is applied. Having FFB power running seems to dampen it a bit. Precision or feel are not affected however. The steering is accurate and forces feel symmetrical no matter what the direction the wheel is turned.

Sequential shifter upshift is sensitive like posted above. While using the seq mode, I'm only placing my hand on the shifter the moment I have to change gears. Depending on your driving habits you might encounter that problem more.

H-gate operation does not seem to be affected and I have no dead gears or problems staying in gear (reverse included).
Quote from sidi :I have afew springs somewhere but atm i just can't find them,give me a day or two and i'll sort you out with the measurments.

The only thing i can think of is the connector for the push down micro switch,but for what you want to do i don't think you will have to take that off.

Some pic's here to help you take it apart http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/sidi80/

Great, thanks.
Looks like a lot of work to change the spring
Ok, someone please help before I go mental....

I just got my G25 and my wheel is doing nothing, not moving in profiler and no axis moves when in LFS settings. Please tell me it's something obvious.

I installed the drivers, then plugged in the USB, as instructed. It says the G25 is detected but in the settings the wheel doesn't move, or make sound (is it supposed to like all other buttons, etc.?).

EDIT: BTW, I have searched and haven't found anyone with similar problems. It doesn't do it's calibration thing I have seen people talking about? It's beginning to reck my head.
What does happen when you go in LFS?

Deinstall it and install it again.
Restart the computer.
Try it with another computer.
You need to plug in the power too, have you done that?
:ices_rofl

That was exactly the problem.

I was sitting here staring into space trying to figure out what was wrong and noticed the power supply sitting on the desk!!!

Seems to be ok now, did it's calibration thing just now as I rebooted.

Anyway, cheers for your help.
OMG

I don't believe it
Quote from tomylee :OMG

I don't believe it

Exactly what I said to myself!!:ashamed:

Never used a wheel before but still, I had only unpacked it so I should have notice it.
My little step brother bought himself a widescreen TV with some cash he inherited. He couldn't get it to work so he came downstairs and asked me to help.

"Is it plugged in?" I asked. "Of course it is" he answered. I told him to go upstairs and check. He did, came back and assured me it was plugged in, but still wouldn't work. I said I'd be mad if I went to help and it wasn't plugged in, so I told him to check once again.

After a few minutes he came back and said it was definitely plugged in, but simply wouldn't work. So I dragged myself off the sofa and went to have a look.

It wasn't plugged in.
Quote from dontsimon :My little step brother bought himself a widescreen TV with some cash he inherited. He couldn't get it to work so he came downstairs and asked me to help.

"Is it plugged in?" I asked. "Of course it is" he answered. I told him to go upstairs and check. He did, came back and assured me it was plugged in, but still wouldn't work. I said I'd be mad if I went to help and it wasn't plugged in, so I told him to check once again.

After a few minutes he came back and said it was definitely plugged in, but simply wouldn't work. So I dragged myself off the sofa and went to have a look.

It wasn't plugged in.

what?
i would say make sure you have separate throttle and brake option activated on the g25 options. then go to the lfs FF/axis menu e see if the little yellow bars move when you press the pedals....
Quote from Kodoku :Just got my G25, but the accelerator and brake doesn't seem to work on LFS. The pedals work in the "Systems/Gamecontroller" menu... why?

You need an S2 license.

Not really though, but the G25 comes handy with the more powerful cars in full version.

Answer is recalibrating axes in LFS. Pump the pedals, turn the wheel, squeel like a piggy and assing the axis to proper controls. Invert if required.
Quote from EmilO :what?

It wasn't plugged in. The TV. It didn't work. Because it wasn't plugged in. I asked if he'd plugged it in, he said he had, but he hadn't. So it didn't work.

It wasn't plugged in. Do you see?
Quote from spankmeyer :
Answer is recalibrating axes in LFS. Pump the pedals, turn the wheel, squeel like a piggy and assing the axis to proper controls. Invert if required.

Do you have pics of how to do this?
Quote from sidi :If your not that comfortable in taking it apart it's maybe best not to.

The spring i used was length=18.40mm,wire diameter=0.93mm,outside diameter=10.50mm

I have never experienced the sensitive sequential problem as i have mine in a more natural position,i was thinking it maybe be a problem for ppl who have to stretch.

As you can see my woodworking skills are -0 but you get the idea

lol, looks great

I have to do something with it cause sometimes when I shift down and I let the shifter go it does shift up again while swinging back to neutral.

But you are sure that it will fix the problem?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Do you really want to see it

Are you insulting my behind?

I know it's flat, but shees... some of us weren't born with firm buttocks so lay off the nasty talk.
hey i have problem with my G25, in game i can you only 150 degree
like if i turn in game left 150 degree ind game wheel is fully on left side
i want turn 900 degree
Quote from FrankeDollar :hey i have problem with my G25, in game i can you only 150 degree
like if i turn in game left 150 degree ind game wheel is fully on left side
i want turn 900 degree

Do you have the Wheel rotation setup in the Logitech Profiler? You have to change it in there, the in-game control doesn't work.
Quote from mcintyrej :Do you have the Wheel rotation setup in the Logitech Profiler? You have to change it in there, the in-game control doesn't work.

yes i have. but i need to change something ? in Logitech Profiler ??

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG