The online racing simulator
Forza 2 Offical Car List
(17 posts, started )
Forza 2 Offical Car List
...has been released. 310 cars listed (some duplicates). it also has "so far" written on the page, so hopefully more cars will be added

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/announcements/carlist.htm

the list is too long to post here, so follow the link to see the cars if you are interested. personally, i can't wait.
Quote :Cars. You love 'em, we've got 'em. It's been a long time building, but we're proud to present to you now the complete Forza Motorsport 2 car list -- 310 gorgeous rides you'll be able to tune, mod...

I switched off around the word "rides".

I haven't played Forza. Are they all basically going to drive the same, like in GT?

Edit: Nice to see Porsche are still maintaining their dedication to including 50,000,000 different versions of the same car in every racing game that comes out on the PC.
I think this game is going to be a good rival for TOCA Race Diver!
Quote : ....mod, upgrade, paint, customize,....

:riceboy:

And look at all the cars that ARENT included...no original Minis! no Caterhams, and how the heck can they include a Lotus Carlton, yet leave out the Lotus Cortina??

As for rivalling TOCA RD. no chance...somehow think it will be a hybrid of TDU and Nerd For Speed, judging by the blurb..

All we can hope for is that it arrives in a more 'finished' state than TDU!
Too few Mercs and too many Nissans.
But isn't Forza only for Xbox 360?
'68 Barracuda 340 Formula S ... thats my ultimate dream car, I think this is the first driving game to have one!

Shame I'm not buying a 360 any time soon, ho hum.
Quote from Bladerunner ::riceboy:

And look at all the cars that ARENT included...no original Minis! no Caterhams, and how the heck can they include a Lotus Carlton, yet leave out the Lotus Cortina??

As for rivalling TOCA RD. no chance...somehow think it will be a hybrid of TDU and Nerd For Speed, judging by the blurb..

Forza tries to be very sim (from what I've seen of Forza 2 they have tyre deformation and other such goodies), but also add the street racing element for the other side of the market who like that sort of thing (hence tuning, modding, etc), but all the mods make a difference to your car rather then just looking good. That great big wing you added might look fast and give you more down force, but it takes away from your top end, different wheels have different weights. It is all well done, rather then just aesthetic changes.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Forza tries to be very sim

Yeah but the fact it's made for masses (dumbed down, optimized for pad) makes it a non-sim.
Quote from deggis :Yeah but the fact it's made for masses (dumbed down, optimized for pad) makes it a non-sim.

Point made, forza is still good fun, every now and then I like playing something less sim then LFS, just because the realism does get dull at times. TDU is a great dick about game for example.
gah forza 2 looks so nice!

see LFS could look like that, and tbh i dont think we'd need to go up to DX9

all it needs is realtime reflections, and high-res textures and it could look like that easy
Please not again...
I like the look of forza a dickie about not so serious game but why oh why do they only put it up for xbox 360 The whole modifying the cars actually looks like it could be fun, trying to balance everything out while keeping the the race classes.
#14 - mr_x
I have the origional Forza on xbox, and I loved it, it was something I had to play when I wanted to just fire up the xbox and have a mess about on something. Somehow, despite using a pad on my xbox, it felt quite good to drive, the physics were pretty damn good for a console racer which was made for a pad.
Quote from Bladerunner ::riceboy:

If the original is anything to go by tuning isn't that bad neither is the upgrades (everything is cusomisable once you buy the upgrades; gear ratios, suspension etc).

And the mod for painting the car is good too, look what I made:

I didn't have shell vinyls in the game .
Thats a very good likeness! I did a few (not as good), you can pull all kinds of tricks with the vinyls and get good results, its a good console solution to skinning
Quote from thisnameistaken :I haven't played Forza. Are they all basically going to drive the same, like in GT?

IMO, the original Forza did a much better job at a racing game than GT ever has. The AI for a start was much more fun to race against.

@ the haters, yes it's a console sim and isn't ultra-realistic like LFS, but that doesn't make it a bad name. I find some fun in collecting / customising cars and the racing can be a bit of a larf in short bursts. I'll make my AI avatar do the enduros though...

Forza 2 Offical Car List
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG