The online racing simulator
Im getting tired of "drift track" suggestions.
Seriously, theres too many of them. FIRSTLY, a drift track doesnt even make any sence. Sure, a rally track, or a drag strip, or a race track, or a remote controll car track makes sence.

But a drift track? That doesnt even make sence. Thats like asking for a front wheel drive track, or asking for an orange car track.

You use normal tracks for drifting, and racing. You dont write to your city and ask them if they can make more streets for blue pickup trucks. Why? Because that doesnt make any sence.

[/end rant]
Dang. Sick of it after only a couple of licensed months! Imagine, if you will, the zillions of repeated topics/spam/rants/pointlessly shithouse threads that have been started since, say, 2003 ... I won't say drift topics or requests are stupid - you won't know if you don't ask, after all - but you'd think people would have cottoned on to the search feature/Improvement Suggestions sticky by now. Meh, just try and avoid opening threads that look like re-runs

Although I do feel like asking my council for different lanes for taxis, courier vans and soccer moms because THOSE PEOPLE DRIVE LIKE BLIND CHIMPANFRICKINZEES.
amen to all this-
drift drift drift....this is racing not figure skating.
Actually my point was "By all means, take advantage of LFS's superb physics and drift! Drift your arse off, drift 'til you puke, drift drunk but for the love of gawd search before asking for something - before asking for anything - because you are almost certainly not the first person to think of whatever it is you're thinking of!"
#5 - Gunn
I have moved this topic out of Improvement Suggestions section since it contains no suggestion about improvements. Just for the record, some purpose-built drifting tracks do actually exist in real life and have nothing to do with racing. There is nothing wrong with members suggesting new content even if their suggestions are not popular or sometimes not even relevant. If you don't like such topics simply don't click on them and you'll get by just fine.

It is no surprise that people request a dedicated drifting track area since drifting is very popular. It makes perfect sense that some people are going to want such things even if we don't all share their enthusiasm for the concept or genre. Just let them be, there's no real harm done and such topics are easy to ignore if they aren't your cup of cha.
you do realize that this thread is pointless right?

if people dont notice the first 5 threads in the improvement suggestions, they DEFFINETLY won't see this one at all..
#7 - nihil
Quote from GT Touring :amen to all this-

I say... figure skating is actually very similar to drift! Both are worse than the real sport possible to do with the same equipment (that is racing and hockey), and both have to use the other's field to do it!

Although i reallt don't waste too much time watching figure skating , al least they have more control than the guys dressed with mediavel armors...
About the real issue here, yup, tired of reading about drift setups, drift tracks, 1/4 mile setups, stunting, etc...it seems that racing is no longer the purpose of this game.
Quote from boosterfire :I say... figure skating is actually very similar to drift! Both are worse than the real sport possible to do with the same equipment (that is racing and hockey), and both have to use the other's field to do it!

Quote from fujiwara :
Although i reallt don't waste too much time watching figure skating , al least they have more control than the guys dressed with mediavel armors...
About the real issue here, yup, tired of reading about drift setups, drift tracks, 1/4 mile setups, stunting, etc...it seems that racing is no longer the purpose of this game.

There are many here who like drifting thats not a crime, why don't we just ask Victor to make a separate forum for drifters?

It'd keep them from posting their drift related requests for tracks, touge, AE whatever buzz boxes etc in this forum.

So basically have a grip forum for real racers and a drift forum for drifters and restrict suggestions for associated things to each seperate thread? saves the flame wars and agro

Just a thought
ShannonN
drifters are tired of newbies asking questions that have been asked a million times already as well...

XCNuse is correct sadly...
I just don't understand the whining that goes on sometimes.

Oh jeeze...another drift thread.

Oh crap...another "How much?" thread

OH NOES!!...another More Tracks thread.

Do you have a TV set? If you see a show you don't like do you watch it? No! You change the channel.

See a thread you don't like? Don't click into it!

This isn't rocket science, folks.
I can understand rally tracks, but a drift track does seem a bit silly.
Quote from NoQuarter :I just don't understand the whining that goes on sometimes.
Oh jeeze...another drift thread.
Oh crap...another "How much?" thread
OH NOES!!...another More Tracks thread.
Do you have a TV set? If you see a show you don't like do you watch it? No! You change the channel.
See a thread you don't like? Don't click into it!
This isn't rocket science, folks.

+1 Got it in one,
Why not just move on, go read another thread, don't add to the mind-numbing whinging. Go find something positive to contribute rather than adding a totally useless comment about something that you have no interest in.
I'm getting tired of antidrift posts. And a small drift track with many loops - like AU1, but with oval-shaped kerbs and grass inside them (instead of barriers or cones) - will be very useful. Drift is another side of racing. When you go skating, do you always run at max possible speed?
Quote from detail :When you go skating, do you always run at max possible speed?

Only when mashing someone into the boards or jumping on a breakaway!
actually I have no Idea of what am I tired more - of 1227z0R dR1fTz0R noobs asking for stupid stuff, or of people screaming theyre tired of all those requests.

what I have in mind is that Demo people dont get to post in the improvement suggestions', because usually it takes a demo drifter to start another flame war
I'm not a drifter, and don't really know much about it, but I've picked up a couple of things from these boards - one of which is that you do get 'good' drifting tracks and 'bad' drifting tracks, which makes sense. A 'good' drifting track is one with lots of curves of varying aspect, with many of the curves following straight after one another, so you can combine them into one log controlled skid.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm not a drifter, and don't really know much about it, but I've picked up a couple of things from these boards - one of which is that you do get 'good' drifting tracks and 'bad' drifting tracks, which makes sense. A 'good' drifting track is one with lots of curves of varying aspect, with many of the curves following straight after one another, so you can combine them into one log controlled skid.

Thats still a race track. That is somthing like a mountain pass, which is just as popular for grip. A better way to ask it would be to ask for more technical tracks, with continuous and tight turns.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Thats still a race track. That is somthing like a mountain pass, which is just as popular for **grip**. A better way to ask it would be to ask for more technical tracks, with continuous and tight turns.

If there is anything I'm getting "tired of", it's this calling racing, "grip". That just sounds so stupid. It's racing!!! There is no need to call racing grip. You either race or you drift. AAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!
Quote from detail :I'm getting tired of antidrift posts. And a small drift track with many loops - like AU1, but with oval-shaped kerbs and grass inside them (instead of barriers or cones) - will be very useful. Drift is another side of racing. When you go skating, do you always run at max possible speed?

This sounds perfectly reasonable does it not? I don't drift but I can see that if I did I would want this kind of track config. Also it seems there are a lot of people who drift.

So yeah it's probably on the list but lets not keep asking for the same thing.
Quote from GT Touring :amen to all this-

But I like Drifting ;_; it's fun.
Quote from mrodgers :If there is anything I'm getting "tired of", it's this calling racing, "grip". That just sounds so stupid. It's racing!!! There is no need to call racing grip. You either race or you drift. AAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

it bothers me a bit as well... but alot of old racers call racing "gripping" sometimes. most examples i can think of are japanese. F1 drivers of old often talk about "drifting around corners". blah blah i've said this in a million other threads.
Well, up until '68 (when wings were introduced), F1 drivers had no downforce and hard, treaded tyres (in some cases their cars actually produced lift at high speed). They had to four-wheel drift through turns to be fast (it was pioneered by Taz Nuvolari in the '30s and is not the same as show drift, so don't go there and KEEP OFF MY LAWN YOU GODDAM PUNK KIDS) but, ditto Gab, I've said that shit a gazillion times too
As squidhead said:

Quote from squidhead :There's no need to have a mountain pass,ok, before racers will rush in and start bashing you I as drifter will do it first
1) Tracks - YES please! more tracks, but not specificly drifting ones.
A good drifter can drift anything anywhere
2) Tyres - NO why? do we need more tyres? to make red smoke or something as useless as that? or to make car "slippery"? We have a choice of 4 different tyre sets - why not use those, if you cant - tyres will not help you
A good drifter can drift anything anywhere

There's no need to have a mountain pass, drift park or dori-dori easy to link curves. Drifting is controling what's uncontrolable. No need to have a psecific track for that. I'm a drifter since the first day I play Live For Speed but I am and will always be happier that the devs does not starting making specific things for us. All I want is that first this game stays a RACING simulator, and then peoples learn to drift on normal track. Drift parks are pretty rare, and anyway they are gay. I'm having a blast each time I start my game and I,m drifting on Fer Bay Gold REV, because I know it's just a normal track in a normal environment with nothing related the drift. I like the underground thing of the sport and I think drifting should always be the last preocupation for us since the game was not originaly developed for that. Plus it's much more gratifient to control your car through the years of practices and techniques rather then making easy powerslides like R Craptor allows you to.

J. Jacques

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG