The online racing simulator
Delete stock set
(23 posts, started )
Delete stock set
I think it would be nice for next update to have the possibility to delete stock sets. Who needs them anyway?
#2 - bbman
It has to do with what LfS does if it can't find the last selected setup for whatever reason: It chooses the default one... Now, if you delete it, which one should LfS select?
Dunno lol, or maybe give an option to hyde the sets
whats the problem with them?
its not like there are 20 of them.
Although it hasn't been a problem for me recently, I think it's possible for LFS to automatically select the default set. However, I think this only happens when you select a new car.
It could made to be hidden. So that it would be selected when you don't have another setup, had some kind of error or you just selected the car. But this would also make it impossible to select it if you wanted. That problem could be solved by a default button, but then we would be back at square one.
Just leave the default set be, it's not really a problem anyway.
O/T:
Quote from geeman1's signature : English, mother****er, do you speak it?

W-w-what?

I'd rather be given the opportunity to make them useful than to just write them off.
On Topic:
They don't take up much room on the screen, and they're required by the "lessons" unfortunately.

Off Topic:
Quote from Forbin :O/T:

W-w-what?

They speak English in what?!
Quote from Bob Smith :I'd rather be given the opportunity to make them useful than to just write them off.

Maybe you could make a few sets that are along the lines of your easy race sets, just tweaked so that they show the basic nature of the cars without being a complete joke to drive. Hey, maybe we should discuss this with the devs seriously. To have the default sets handle nothing like what a real car would is a BIG turn off for people who want to just show up, test LFS and see if LFS cars handle anywhere close to what real cars of a given design design. Still remember I had to redo all the sets on all LFS cars just to get them to feel anywhere close to say, what a real road driven XR GTT would.
#11 - Woz
Quote from Jamexing :Maybe you could make a few sets that are along the lines of your easy race sets, just tweaked so that they show the basic nature of the cars without being a complete joke to drive. Hey, maybe we should discuss this with the devs seriously. To have the default sets handle nothing like what a real car would is a BIG turn off for people who want to just show up, test LFS and see if LFS cars handle anywhere close to what real cars of a given design design. Still remember I had to redo all the sets on all LFS cars just to get them to feel anywhere close to say, what a real road driven XR GTT would.

Really needs to a road and race for the defaults. 99% of people that would never have a point of reference for a race based set, a road car is set to be safe for the average joe public driver. So throw a race set for a FWD car at them and they wonder why it oversteers when from their experience they never do that IRL
Quote from Woz :Really needs to a road and race for the defaults. 99% of people that would never have a point of reference for a race based set, a road car is set to be safe for the average joe public driver. So throw a race set for a FWD car at them and they wonder why it oversteers when from their experience they never do that IRL

Good point. Same suggestion as I've said EXCEPT we use Bob's easy road setups as the basis. BTW, oversteery FWDs are amazingly fun.

Everyone Happy? If so, please post +1 or greater.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'd rather be given the opportunity to make them useful than to just write them off.

The way I see it, they represent the car in its stock form... So they should stay uneditable - or did you mean improving it through a patch?
The way I see it, I dont really give a s**t...
Quote from bbman :The way I see it, they represent the car in its stock form... So they should stay uneditable - or did you mean improving it through a patch?

Of course they should stay unchangable! Just that they should be better set in the 1st place. Could be done in the next patch too.
Quote from Jamexing :Of course they should stay unchangable! Just that they should be better set in the 1st place. Could be done in the next patch too.

+1

As Jamexing points out, this is really important for how LFS is perceived by new players.

GPL had a similar problem that made it seem even harder than it really was.
I use the default hard track setups almost always
Personally I would really like them to use values from RL type cars. The cars should handle like a similar could would, in stock form if you could buy it. The "stock" set should be unchangeable and there should be a serverside option to force stock setups for the cars, so one could create a stock vehicle league or what have you. Marshmellow suspension, understeer city, open diffs on most of the cars etc.

Personally, I think this should be the only set that comes with LFS and you have to modify the stock vehicle to make setups (or downloaded them or whatever).
#19 - wark
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Personally, I think this should be the only set that comes with LFS and you have to modify the stock vehicle to make setups (or downloaded them or whatever).

I'd agree it would be a good idea to include something akin to my road going sets by default, especially for people wanting to compare it to their own tin tops. It would be silly though to ship a racing simulator without at least one racing setup per car. Ideally ones that handle somewhat evenly and don't drive like a bag of shit.
True, I almost put that in my post too - one setup for Stock, and one for racing - two setups that can't be changed IMO, even to show people what direction to go with setting up the car very basically. This way they could see the difference between the two included setups.
To be honest there is no real need to delete them, some times I use them.
The default setups are Good!

i think both default setups have their right to live!

A Normal Setup(car is like from the car dealer) and a race_s for racing.. i like them both, sometimes i drive with them a little bit, makes fun so why not?

-1 for that idea

Delete stock set
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG