My situation is the same as The Moose's - the lookup page is working as normal, but when any name is entered I'm getting a sponsered links page. UKCT.net expiring would make sense with this scenario, so it seems the domain is still out of the control of the STCC... The in-game system is working fine, however, except for a short blip in which it classified me as Silver (that'd be nice) - this lasted only a couple of minutes, and then it reverted to normal. That matches SamH's explanation.

Here's to sorting it out soon

EDIT - Everything as it should be now.

DE
When you do a licence lookup it will be using your own or your ISP's domain name lookup, which could take a while to propogate back to the way it should be. It's solved on the server by means of a host file at the moment.
#29 - Dru
Sholud the look up page also tell you your progress apart for the licence? forinstance mine only says 'Silver' i can not see where on the page it tells me i'm x% towards Gold?
#30 - SamH
Quote from Dru :Sholud the look up page also tell you your progress apart for the licence? forinstance mine only says 'Silver' i can not see where on the page it tells me i'm x% towards Gold?

Just click on the "Personal Licence Page" bit just below the picture of your licence, and hey presto up comes your progress bar.
Ok am getting tired of doing bronze racing becuase if i get hit i don't earn points yet i should and the one who hit me don't earn the points.
Quote from faster111 :Ok am getting tired of doing bronze racing becuase if i get hit i don't earn points yet i should and the one who hit me don't earn the points.

That's called racing, shit happens...
Quote from mikey_G :That's called racing, shit happens...

yeah but i got one race with 7 points for my 1st time ever after that i had to more races with points 0 why?
#35 - Jakg
because you didnt finish high enough up the grid to recieve points?

Either way you get 1 point for taking part provided you do the full race distance
Quote from Jakg :because you didnt finish high enough up the grid to recieve points?

Either way you get 1 point for taking part provided you do the full race distance

i knew about the one point thing but didint know about fishing higher up the gird can someone tell me how it works with what place you are and how many points you get.
I'm glad it's that way, otherwise there would be endless debates about how points should be allocated.
#39 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :i knew about the one point thing but didint know about fishing higher up the gird can someone tell me how it works with what place you are and how many points you get.

you dont actually earn points until you finish about fifth on a full server, although the exact points are secret
You do get a point for taking part, BUT... A later calculation is a modifyer for the race length and if the race is under 10 minutes that single point becomes a fraction just under 1 (ie: 0.9), as the final result is rounded down it results in 0pts. If you score points by another means - ie: Setting a remotely competitive lap time or finishing well, then that 1pt is added to your other points before the race time so it still has an influence. In races over 10 minutes the 1pt registers.
I don't remember exactly how, but just recently I managed to get about 130 points by joining mid-race and driving just the few last laps. It was the Silver & Up server I think.
You were probably in the XRT (4x points multiplier) and you probably set a quick best laptime.
I've been seeing this alot lately in the Silver+Gold server, but people are manipulating the system into thinking they drove the race. They start off, do a fast lap then park up right before the finish line. As soon as the winner crosses the line they do to, which gives them points for both the fast lap and being in the race. This totally kills the system of STCC. This came to my attention after a certain driver (will not be named) gained the top license. Do something about this?
Quote from mcintyrej :I've been seeing this alot lately in the Silver+Gold server, but people are manipulating the system into thinking they drove the race. They start off, do a fast lap then park up right before the finish line. As soon as the winner crosses the line they do to, which gives them points for both the fast lap and being in the race. This totally kills the system of STCC. This came to my attention after a certain driver (will not be named) gained the top license. Do something about this?

mmm a bit of cheating going on mmm becky what u going do?
#45 - SamH
A replay of an example of this would be hugely beneficial to us. Can anyone help?
Standing on track is against the rules and 'dangerous' to other competitors, it also devoids the spirit of the STCC.

The imaginative ways people have of cheating are a perenial problem, I have since this system went live invested a great deal of time in dealing with cheaters.

People who do this I would very much like to penalise properly, so please report them.

In the meentime the system will be adjusted to award points based on percentage of race complete, however I cannot do an update just yet because the program source is migrated to offer a range of new features from the new STCC server which goes live soon and i'd have to undo all of that work to make this change.

In the meentime please please please report people you see cheating the system in this way.

Thank you.
I launched an emergency patch tonight which scales your points down by percentage of the race you have completed, so now if you only do 5 laps out of 10 you get half points.

Please let me know if this causes any problems at all, because it had to go live without much in the way of testing.

I had some problems doing the update so I appologise to those on the server at the time who may have had some minor disruption in the system whilst the update was performed.
I do like the system, but the progress seems agonizingly slow...ofcourse it help using the XRT vs. the Rb4 and such...any plans for the big GT's for the platinum levels?
I am racking up points but phew lots of work.
how do i get my liscence label in my sig?
#49 - SamH
Quote from GT Touring :I do like the system, but the progress seems agonizingly slow...ofcourse it help using the XRT vs. the Rb4 and such...any plans for the big GT's for the platinum levels?

Quote from GT Touring :I am racking up points but phew lots of work.
how do i get my liscence label in my sig?

[stcc]mini/GT_Touring[/stcc]
I'm not sure if something's up with the system but I just did 10 laps of Westhill, came 7th and wasn't lapped , and got 0 points? I'd usually get some points but got none this time round.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG