The online racing simulator
#51 - SamH
We've made some changes this evening to the licence system. How many laps was the race, in total?
It was 10 laps, I finished on the same lap as the leaders, ~1min behind.
#53 - SamH
Ack.. you should have got points, I *think*. I'll flag for Becky to investigate.

Just to explain a little, we've (I keep saying "we", and while I'm involved in the whole thing, Becky's the brains) kinda lunged into the next phase of STCC development, which ("we") reckon will get everyone excited and enthusiastic all over again. However, while developing, it's become apparent that some urgent issues exist with the current race manager.

Tonight's changes have been a bit of a retrograde from the current stage of development in order to meet these immediate needs. We didn't have time to properly test it this evening - I was in for one race, to make sure that the server didn't crash at the end, and to make sure that points were not given where they shouldn't have been. It's possible that a little extra tweaking is necessary. Please bear with us.. it will be worth it!
Yeah I thought so, I realised Becky launched an emergency patch and thought this might have had something to do with it. Just posted here to let you know something was wrong.

It's not a big deal, to me anyway, not to get points. I enjoy the racing, license progression is a bonus.

I understand some issues still need to be sorted to get STCC into the 'next phase' and if not getting a couple of points is the consequence, well so be it. It will all be worth it in the end.

Cheers to all, for the help and work being put into the STCC, it's a great place to race, long may it last.
#55 - SamH
I'd never run the RB4 on WE1R before tonight, I don't think.. gotta say, it's a lovely track config to drive on!
Sam, maybe we need to yell at Becky about a final round changeyness? :P
#57 - SamH
Question please, is it registering 0 points for every race now, or did the problem just effect one race?

I ask because we had serious problems downgrading the software to the earlier version and had to relaunch the manager several times until i'd sucesfully removed every reference to the new stuff that was incompatible with the current server.

I'll give a hint. The existing server can't run a 3D application... Now why would a server manager need to be 3D?

Hehe, anyway, as long as the server is awarding points now then it's no panick and i'm sorry for the one race loss - it was probably just a problem as we rolled out the patch.
Quote from Becky Rose :

I'll give a hint. The existing server can't run a 3D application... Now why would a server manager need to be 3D?

Sounds interesting..
Quote from GT Touring :I am racking up points but phew lots of work.

It is a lot of work, but hey, nothing comes easily. The harder you work at it the more rewarding it is imo.
I just made it into the top 50 after 7 weeks, driving the lowest point scoring car (FXO)..and i feel I've really achieved something.
But by god I've lost any social life i had

Still, when i reach titanium i might take a wander out into the real world again
I am currently gold with 35% still a long way to go till platnum
Quote from Becky Rose :Question please, is it registering 0 points for every race now, or did the problem just effect one race?

Well I only ran a couple of races last night, the first one I got kicked when I crossed the finish line and the second was when it came up that I got no points. I should have raced again to see if it was a once off but it went up to 14 laps and my hand was sore from doing then 10 laps. I need a wheel.
I've had this 0 point bug today for several times (finished 2 x 3rd on BL GP with 1:34.30/.80 or so, ~15secs behind the leader, 12laps)
0 points again.

20+ laps of FE Club, came 5th, 1 lap behind, got my PB too for that track, don't know if you give points for that?

Nobody else said anything about it so not sure if it's happening to everyone. This was my first full race today. I'll go for another race, see what happens.
Same problem here....
run 24 laps (all the race) on Fe1 finished 3rd 0 point ....

AKA KromE aslo on the file above
0pt issue fixed. I temporarily removed the emergency patch and will address it properly very soon.
how is the STCC point system not official
the racing is generally better here than anywhere else among the precious metal racers... folks on the way to bronze and copper are still a little rough...
but its great and it rewards, good laps and solid finishing versus wrecking about.. thanks Becky and STCC team you made LFS more fun than ever.
Quote :how is the STCC point system not official

Well, the STCC point system is the official point system of the STCC... Or to be pinnickity, the SRA. It just has nothing to do with Scawen & co, although Victor does have a licence, he's got 0pts, I think he watched one night... That's about as close to official as we have got, lol
I lost all the points since last visit to stcc server (had platinum, about 60% if I'm not mistaken). What's more, I can't even join "new & bronze" - it says "host connection refused". What might have happened? My lfs name is maraz.
Despatching PM
Since I can't reply to your PM (I can't even defend myself or what?), here is my reply:

Quote from Becky Rose :I checked your licence notes and they say the following:

Quote from Your Licence Notes :
09/04/2007: -36154. Banned for cheating.
MaraZ - XRT
13:11, 01 Apr 2007 - Westhill Interntl Rev - 5 laps
1. 0:53.520
2. 0:47.210
3. 0:47.020
4. 0:46.870
5. 0:47.680

This implies that you have a lifetime ban for exploiting LFS to produce unreasonable lap times on April 1st. The result of which caused serious disruption to other racers at a later date when everyone racing got kicked for being too slow because of your fake lap record.

I assume it's some kind of April Fool's Day joke and that there is no way that you would believe I didn't do anything wrong in that 5 lap race?

Ok, here is what happened on that day: I just installed patch W and went to the stcc server. There was map change and it showed "Westhill Club". Great! New track in W! Well, to my (and others) biggest disappointment, we found ourselves on FE Club (look at the times - those are NOT times for XRT on Westhill and qstomek was even faster than me on lap 4 in that race). Did you ban for life every other driver who happened to be on the stcc server that day? Or maybe I'm the only one who experienced this? Anyway giving lifetime ban without throrough investigation is really ridiculous...
Thank you, at last it seems we can start to piece together what actually went wrong. Until now we just had 5 people who when they had contacted us just screamed abuse, in amongst your rantings I can finaly see what the problem is.

The problem will be resolved soon.
Quote from Becky Rose :Features & Fixes announcement

Looks great Becky
Thanks for all your hard work in making the STCC servers the best in LFS
Rally

I can't wait for all those new features. They all sound very good, great job so far with the STCC+SRA Becky + associates.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG