The online racing simulator
STCC Licence System
As has been mentioned in a few different threads the STCC licence system is down. It appears something has gone wrong with the last update launched with LFS V3.

Something is wrong with the SQL database. There are 3 factors here, the database itself, the API through which my software talks to the database, and my software. All of this is updated since the last version. We have a backup so if there are problems there is no panic.

Today I plan to migrate the SQL database to my own server still on soak test here at my house, this will be an interim measure and also involves updating of our SQL API software (not written by myself).

If that fails I will be turning attention to the software itself.

In short I shall be running some live tests later today and the system may fall over. If worse comes to the worse we'll be going back to the backup.

That's the state of play. We'll be moving to LFS V4 during this process as well. Currently i'm not sure exactly what is wrong and cannot give an ETA to the completion of the works being carried out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the update
Wish you the best luck to solve all the problems. We'll wait for you. Thanks !
So till then no points ?

Let us know when its all ok
Thanks for the update...thank god I got my Silver licence yesterday just before the problems.
v5 now
I significant problem has been identified and hopefully resolved. An error in this case, in new sections of my program. The fault was causing SQL connections to remain open after retreiving information which eventually was using up all available connections to the SQL database after around 1-2 hours. I think i've fully trapped this error now.

Additionally the servers are now using LFS V5 which solved another less important issue due to a small insim glitch.

For now the system is still running on debug mode on my machine, when i'm sure it is stable i'll be restoring it to the server. Until then messages may appear out of order (2nd line before the 1st etc) and some packets may get dropped by the internet, but there should not be any major issues running this way.
i was just doing some racing, it was good stuff becky, thanks for the hard work!
Seems to have settled in OK now.
A further problem was found in the API which was preventing new users from creating a new licence record. This problem is now fixed so new drivers can join the STCC again .

I think, and hope, that the update is now complete. Any lost records have been restored from backup - we may have lost a few races for some drivers but I dont think too much has been lost (correct me if i'm wrong please ).
sorry if I'm boring but server again doesn't count points!
I went from 80% gold to silver and licence page is no longer there?
Is there a problem with the server? I hope I haven't lost my pionts
Yep, there is something with the server, it doesn't work for me either
license loss
hi there just wondering if anyone else as lost there licence,,i have gone from platinum to silver overnight,,, and is there any way of getting it back,,thanks
it seems that the UKCT server is having some troubles. i cant conenct to the site or TS.

ill notify a server admin.
No points where lost. The manager is back up and running with a jury rig, the licence lookup from web page is still down. I've reopened the servers as they do work now - it's only supporting web stuff that is down now.
what's problem?? I have my gold license and i can't drive any car in sivler and gold liscence please help me!!!
BIG PROBLEM

No one can join race! Server automatically kicks you in spectate!

And says: Your license does not permit you to drive this car
Somebody's undone the fix I did this morning.

Fixed.
all issues with the server should be resolved now
I've just looked at the license lookup page and am fairly certain that the total doesn't include the points I scored this morning.
'fraid not. The problem on the server meant that my software was unable to connect to the database to lookup or store licence information.
Quote from Neil777 :I've just looked at the license lookup page and am fairly certain that the total doesn't include the points I scored this morning.

I cant even see the licence lookup page.
#25 - SamH
Quote from Neil777 :I've just looked at the license lookup page and am fairly certain that the total doesn't include the points I scored this morning.

It probably doesn't

Rather embarassingly, the UKCT domain briefly expired this morning, thanks to registerfly's completely useless auto-renew function. Becky's licence system talks to the MySQL database using a UKCT subdomain and so the hook was temporarily lost. We solved the problem using the hosts file, and then someone who will remain nameless (JohnUK89) prematurely removed the hosts file edit before domain re-propagation had fully taken place. The problem was solved shortly after, but some points will have been dropped. Apologies.. nothing we can do

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG