The online racing simulator
Moo Racing
(499 posts, started )
www.mooracing.co.uk, it's a a payed domain with a nice looking photoshop layout website.

Implementing a forum in it in the style of the site might take some time, thats no problem

The image off the team would be damaged however if we would have the url home.yourisp.com/~dquarton or something like that. However, money and time is invested to do this good

In the meanwhile we're starting up nice, have a good base of drivers the team can build on. Talented drivers, experienced drivers, all have fun and are learning.
Sorry for being a bit aggressive last night, I was tired. I know you're just trying to help and its appreciated. The only reason we don't have our own forum is due to the reasons I posted above. If the team members think its OK then I will create one tonight but all the posts will be lost when I implement my forum.

Again, really sorry for being aggressive and thank you for helping. I seem to be doing a few things wrong with the team but I'm learning and we're still together!
I would rather wait

I like the idea of having our own made forum Plus its better than phpBB with its spambots

One more thing.....

Moooooooooooooo!
we could use a phpbb forum for now. The topics will be gone when you implement your own forum, but then the posts in this topic will also be forgotten when we switch to the definite forum.

Its indeed more of a private forum, and different threads make following the "tale" easier
well how far are you in "coding" your own forum, php is a bitch of a language to code an entire forum in, its like saying i dont like windows so ill write my own OS

phpBB can be made to run within the shell of the website and a skin and icon pack (which is far more feasible to be made specific for the site) can be overlayed at such time as it is complete

dont ask me how i never bother with forums but since most of the site is php anyway then it should be more than doable

worst case scenario a few plugins like e107 do everything in an integrated fashion, so all itd need is skinning
I've made my own forum before, it is not too difficult. I have a day off school tomorrow, I'll try and get it done tomorrow.

Also, about the skinning thing, I find it takes just as long to do that as it does to just create a few database queries.
Quote from Leifde :I've made my own forum before, it is not too difficult.

depends what you mean by "made" do you mean coded ever single form and page in php, as well as the code to generate the sql queries, the sql queries themselves, the forum commands and interface etc or just filled in a few details altered a few scripts from pre-written source code like phpBB, invisionpro/free, javaforum, vBulletin etc as if its the latter then yes, it takes the better part of 10mins tops and your done tbh (with the basics anyway)

on a side note, you might wanna edit the events page and actually state a time for thursday meets
I'm talking about what you said first, making all the pages, making all the sql queries, building the database tables etc. It really isn't that hard once you have the basic page layout.

EDIT: Yeah, I should update that page. We didn't have an event tonight because I forgot () and my computer decided to bugger itself up. (I'm on a different one atm)
Right, firstly I'll talk about my weekend karting. Frankly it was crap. I couldn't get my engine to run well all weekend. Just when I thought I was getting decent speed out of it someone would just fly past me on the straight. On the Saturday I got taken out and ran over this really evil kerb. It ripped off my front pod and broke an engine mount (an engine mount is solid metal about an inch thick). Repairs cost about £60. Then on Sunday two chains decided to bugger up, one of them making my sprocket have no teeth left whatsoever. Total cost for two chains and a sprocket, £36.

Lined up for the final, last place. Overtake two people on the outside in T1. Hold that position for the rest of the race. Two other novices in front of me spin off so that I'm in second position for the novice cup. 7 laps to go. Desperately hoping the guy in front will spin off too but he doesn't and I end the race in second (13th in the overall race, 2nd novice).

Now that I've told you lot about my weekend I'll give some news on the forum. I said I was gonna do it Friday but it turned out to be a mad rush to get my kart ready so I just didn't have time, sorry about that. I have plenty of time today though. Its about 11am now and I have to go out at about 5pm. That's 6 hours, I think I can do it.

Thirdly I come to news about the IGTC. I have drafted Niko (LFSn00b) into the IGTC team. He is not a Moo member, he is just racing with us for this championship. Also, if any of the Moo members would like to race and they are fast enough then they will be able to take Niko's place. (i.e. Moo members > Niko :tilt

Fourthly, I am thinking about a bit of an overhaul for website. The layout will stay the same but I would like to add quite a few new features. This will take time but I have two weeks off school now so I have plenty of it.

And we come to the last thing....

MOOOOOOOOOO
The website upgrades sounds nice, and the LFsn00b into IGTC is like, WORRYING!

jkjk
will the overhaul include the illusive forums rofl...and maybe an image hosting section rather than crazily long lfs attachment links for people like me who are far too lazy for such long links
Forums are nearly done but I'm off out tonight (yeah, I do have a life :tilt so you won't get them til tomorrow afternoonish.

The overhaul will bring these features:
  • Upgraded user management (i.e. people will be able to register at the website, even if they are not Moo members)
  • Upgraded events management (i.e. sign-ups for events, etc.)
  • A better news system
  • Much much better admin system
  • Upgraded Member page(s) (i.e. each member will have their own profile page and their own subdomain)
  • An upgraded forum (heh, I haven't even got the first version finished and I'm already thinking about upgrading it)
  • Better applications page
That's all I can think of for now. This will be version 2 of the website and I am also hoping for a version 3 eventually (I already have an idea for a major component of that).

If anyone would like to request something then please do and I'll try put it in.
weve already got a paid for domain and if i was gonna go with a templated forum itd be phpBB as a free alternative rather than as a subdomain of some freeforum malarky
Why do 1/3 of all the posts contrain the obligitory MOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hehe.

Forum update: I am gonna get ready to go out to Subway now, I'm hungry. I will create the last 2 pages and tidy up a lot of the code then release it.

EDIT: The 10th page is mine, all mine! Moohahaha. (Like what I did there?)

EDIT2: I forgot I have to make a page for people registering and logging in. I've got the majority of the code for that so it should take too long anyway. So thats 4 pages to do...
Moo has a website now?

I was never informed. Anyways, went to check team members, and theres like no information on me, so if you would like to fill it in, here it is.

Race number: 564
DOB: 4th of March, 1992
Fovorite combo: Tie between XRT at Fern Bay Gold, and UFR at Fern Bay Black.
Achievements: UFR in Carribean Cruise?
im still from Netherlands according to the site
#270 - Ast
Ok, so is anyone going to be able to come on the Moo server for some fun tonight?

Everyones welcome
ill pop in if i have time
Moo Racing 2 at 7pm BST. (That's in 25 minutes). Be there.
I wanna join
i think the team is full for now

Moo Racing
(499 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG