The online racing simulator
LFS S3 Track Plans
(49 posts, started )
u can buy cars and tune them! =O
Quote from TFalke55 :
I think if we want to propose a track, than a concrete proposual... I'd like to see somekind of competition, that there 'll be one thread where everyone can propose a drawn track areal, send it to the Develloppers... after a deadline, ten or twenty proposuals will be released and can be voted by the community. The "best" one will be included in S3 aditional to the tracks the Develloppers will include...

Now that's a great idea!!!
Free roaming mode would be useless in a racing simulator because:

It's a racing simulator.

Hey - what does that actually mean? It means it's not a drifting simulator, it's not a driving simulator. Sure, you are free to use it as a drifting or driving simulator, but don't expect the game to be developed in that direction.
With this in mind, ask yourself, how would free roaming mode contribute to the racing experience in LFS?
And no, illegal streetracing is not an option.

One thing I would agree on introducing is a free track practice mode, where you could essentially open up the complete Aston track, South City or whatever. I doubt it would require much coding, since the complete track is already loaded whether you pick South City Long or South City Sprint 1.

Still, it's not necessary in any way.
Like everyone else has said, that kind of thing is not the point of LFS. Other options that would seem to suit your needs have been suggested.

Quote from faster111 :yes but it be more realistic.

More realistic maybe, but not a more realistic racing sim..........which is what LFS is.
I agree that LFS is about racing but having less conventional place to make race ( a multiple level parking, an airport, a very long road on the sea-side or whatever...) would add diversity to the game. We already have enough ordinary tracks in the game and the only related thing that could be good would be an easy to use track editor.

And for NFS (I haven't played it since NFS 3 hot pursuits), the only problem is that the physics are arcade standard! So there is no point in telling him that he should go play this game instead!
I can understand that he asked since there's absolutely no game offering that with simulation physics!
How is having a full open city more realistic in a racing simulator? How is being able to drift around a city at will more realistic?

Honestly... some people...
Quote from Kmac : For Track Plans Im Thinkin maybe, it should all be one big free ride track.
Like a City, so you can go to gas stations, go to race stadioms, and even realisticly drift around the city!
There could be garages, upgrade shops, a diff stuff.
If You want a good racing sim, You want it to be realistic. Hopfully manny people can agree with me on one huge free ride track.
You could be jus strolling down town then you get a txt to come to donzal raceway for a 6 lap race or something, so u go refuel, head to the stadiam, following your map, you know, it would be pretty cool.
yOu could have malls in the game with HUGE parkin lots, where everyone goes in the night to figure out some nightime drift comp. lol,
Day and night driveing, have a 24 hour clock running your own lfs time for when its light and dark, theres gonna be soo many things ppl will be offering lfs , to inprove the game, but plz if you like this one, post back

So if S3 is brought out and it had all this, would you post a thread about whats happening in S4? Then not even buy S3? If you want to play LFS and have a better experience, buy it. Simple as that - Demo is rather weak compared to the online experience of S2.
Quote from evans :Free roaming mode would be useless in a racing simulator because:

It's a racing simulator.

Hey - what does that actually mean? It means it's not a drifting simulator, it's not a driving simulator. Sure, you are free to use it as a drifting or driving simulator, but don't expect the game to be developed in that direction.
With this in mind, ask yourself, how would free roaming mode contribute to the racing experience in LFS?
And no, illegal streetracing is not an option.

One thing I would agree on introducing is a free track practice mode, where you could essentially open up the complete Aston track, South City or whatever. I doubt it would require much coding, since the complete track is already loaded whether you pick South City Long or South City Sprint 1.

Still, it's not necessary in any way.

Exactly what he said. This is the answer to ALL topics being started about free roam, city servers, drifting, and anything else you CAN do in LFS. It's great that you can do this stuff in LFS because you may like this stuff, but that is where it stops. You can't make requests for non-racing items when LFS is being developed as a RACING simulator.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Because this is LFS, not NFS. Plus there is only one guy creating all the circuits, so we don't want him wasting his time building petrol stations when he could be building race tracks.

What race tracks has he built in the past 2 years?
Quote from BrandonAGr :What race tracks has he built in the past 2 years?

Who knows. He built at least 7 for S1, but most never got released. Maybe he's got several lined up. We just don't know. But we have been told that Eric is not idle, so he must have something nice to show us...
Quote from BrandonAGr :What race tracks has he built in the past 2 years?

Hmm, perhaps 3? S2 wasn't released in full form until the end of June (I think, perhaps beginning of June...). So it hasn't quite been 2 years since we've first recieved Aston, Kyoto, and Westhill. Perhaps it only took him from April S2 demo release until the June full release to make them.

So, my answer is 3! 3 tracks built between April of 2005 and June of 2005.
Quote from mrodgers :Hmm, perhaps 3? S2 wasn't released in full form until the end of June (I think, perhaps beginning of June...). So it hasn't quite been 2 years since we've first recieved Aston, Kyoto, and Westhill. Perhaps it only took him from April S2 demo release until the June full release to make them.

Don't you mean June of 2007.
ok, listen, Drifting is a form of racing, and there are many other forms of racing, so you cant say that they cant be added into a racing simulator, because it DOES happen in real life, and it CAN be simulated. I think what people want is something to the effect of some kind of down hill/uphill track that allows for a few different types of racing. =) But personally, lawnmower and semi-truck racing is kinda silly, i mean, drifting down hill works, you can also do rally races downhill, and hillclimb races too. =) You could pretty much make a track (something similar to Autocross) that has many different areas of track made SPECIFICLLY for that style of racing =) see, everyone could win...

..now... i think i put 3 smilieys in there.. kinda overkill, isnt it?
I found this in the FAQ on the official website;
Quote from Liveforspeed.net :Will there be other releases than S2 like S3?:
Yes - LFS is still in development and future releases are planned for more content, improvements and features.
A wide variety of cars and tracks is planned and our goal is to cover any type of racing.

Who knows.. all i can say is they definatley have plans for more types of racing, as said above.
Quote from Kmac : For Track Plans Im Thinkin maybe, it should all be one big free ride track.
Like a City, so you can go to gas stations, go to race stadioms, and even realisticly drift around the city!
There could be garages, upgrade shops, a diff stuff.
If You want a good racing sim, You want it to be realistic. Hopfully manny people can agree with me on one huge free ride track.
You could be jus strolling down town then you get a txt to come to donzal raceway for a 6 lap race or something, so u go refuel, head to the stadiam, following your map, you know, it would be pretty cool.
yOu could have malls in the game with HUGE parkin lots, where everyone goes in the night to figure out some nightime drift comp. lol,
Day and night driveing, have a 24 hour clock running your own lfs time for when its light and dark, theres gonna be soo many things ppl will be offering lfs , to inprove the game, but plz if you like this one, post back

[rant]A much better idea than putting all that crap in LFS would be to go hassle EA for some decent physics in NFS where you can already do all that kiddy sh*t ,and people understand talking in text speak. ( what's that all about in a forum? you have a proper keyboard in front of you don't you? learn to use words..they have been the favourite choice of communication for thousands of years:razz[/rant]

Leave the Devs here do carry on developing what they started...a RACING SIM.
Quote from EvilVendingMachine :Don't you mean June of 2007.

??? I'm kind of lost here....

Quote from Arsenic Fox :ok, listen, Drifting is a form of racing...

This message is to everyone on the forum, EVERYONE... Please please please, let's not go there yet again! Let this be the only post with this quote in it and the only response to this quote. This is a response for the attempt to head this off before it comes!
*sigh* games like this already exist for kids to play. If it's not too much trouble I'd like LFS to continue to be a pure racing sim. If I want all that other free-roam stuff I'll continue my GTA campaign (plus I'll be able to club anyone who pisses me off with a spade). And FFS please don't type like that with massive bold letters, especially if you can't (or won't) spell, people will think you're from the "special ed" class.
Quote from mrodgers :Hmm, perhaps 3? S2 wasn't released in full form until the end of June (I think, perhaps beginning of June...). So it hasn't quite been 2 years since we've first recieved Aston, Kyoto, and Westhill. Perhaps it only took him from April S2 demo release until the June full release to make them.

Quote from mrodgers :??? I'm kind of lost here....

So your saying s2 full will be realeased in June, 2005. I think you need to get some sleep man. It's 2007. (Not trying to be mean or anything btw)
I can see a big hole in the gaming choices available today.

A proper simulator that allows you to simulate reckless city driving.

NFS looks pretty but is just crap to drive and stutters like a dog. Someone should make a SIM that's based on free roaming. (I reckon it's actually dodgy to release driving games that present kids with unrealistic physics before they start driving)

I'm not saying LFS should be that game !!!

but SIMBIN or LFS or someone with some SIM coding clues could fill a gap in the market. :?)
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :Drifting is a form of racing

Quote from mrodgers :This message is to everyone on the forum, EVERYONE... Please please please, let's not go there yet again! Let this be the only post with this quote in it and the only response to this quote. This is a response for the attempt to head this off before it comes!

Please can I? Pretty please? After posting such a moronic statement he deserves a little something from yours truly. I'll be nice (ish), I promise...
Why don't you purchase S2 license and try out other tracks and configuration before asking for such and such?

Any S3 plans are mostly for licensed racer, you will still stay in Blackwood unless you get a license.
Quote from EvilVendingMachine :So your saying s2 full will be realeased in June, 2005. I think you need to get some sleep man. It's 2007. (Not trying to be mean or anything btw)

I see where you are misunderstanding me now. Yes, S2 FULL was released in June 2005. We are all running S2 Full in beta form at the moment. I guess I should have said S2 licensed then to avoid confusion.

It was merely an attempt at a joke on my part anyways.

Quote from tristancliffe :Please can I? Pretty please? After posting such a moronic statement he deserves a little something from yours truly. I'll be nice (ish), I promise...

ROFL! Well, actually you didn't listen to me anyways as I said "let this be the only post with this quote in it" and you went ahead and quoted, hehehe
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :ok, listen, Drifting is a form of racing, and there are many other forms of racing,

WRONG!

Quote from Wikipedia :A race is a competition of speed. The competitors in a race try to complete a given task in the shortest amount of time. Typically this involves traversing some distance, but it can be any other task involving speed.

Quote from mrodgers :I see where you are misunderstanding me now. Yes, S2 FULL was released in June 2005. We are all running S2 Full in beta form at the moment. I guess I should have said S2 licensed then to avoid confusion.

It was merely an attempt at a joke on my part anyways.

I see it was actually me who needed some sleep(seeing as it was 11:30 when i had posted and it's 1 now and i just got up. I love spring break)
Sorry for the confusion.

LFS S3 Track Plans
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG