The online racing simulator
Ditch The Knob?
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Mako.
Ditch The Knob?
Yes, i dont know just how many times people have probably asked for it,
but if it's not even moving, can we please, at least get a decent looking shifter? Its current shape(notice: same on all cars) and size of the shifter boot are just uglier than sin! Is it real hard to make it a bit smaller, round (not banana shape, hehe) and look nicer? I'm surpirzed it hasn't changed since the S1 version of LFS.

HINT: Scawen, add this as a fix for the next update, yo.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a mod for this.
This is not a misc add-on, i's an improvement suggestion. I'll move the post for you to the correct area.
#3 - Mako.
Thank you! /\
#4 - Woz
Quote from Mako. :Yes, i dont know jsut how many times people have probably asked for it,
but if it's not even moving, can WE please, at least get a decent looking shifter? It's current shape( same on all cars) and size of the shifter boot are just uglier than sin! Is it real hard to make it a bit smaller, round (not banana shape) and look nicer? I'm surpirsed it hasnt changed since the S1 version, lol.

HINT: Scawen, add this as a fix for the next update, yo.

Thanks for any info.

You might be the first to actually ask for this. I have to ask though, when do you have the time to look at the shifter? I can't even tell what it looks like after 4 years of playing LFS but I use an FOV of 62.
I want skinnable gearknobs personally. And for the gearknob to be more "racier".

The one we got now I SWEAR I saw at Halfords once :-/
isnt the shifter just a dds file, so you can skin it?
That shifter is perfect... for the UF1...
Quote from Woz :You might be the first to actually ask for this. I have to ask though, when do you have the time to look at the shifter? I can't even tell what it looks like after 4 years of playing LFS but I use an FOV of 62.

He's certainly not the only one to have noticed. I play on a very large screen (~55") and the car interiors look REALLY bad at that size. Luckily, there are some great texture updates for many of the cars, but the shift knob does look pretty bad. A few more polys and a decent texture could make a world of difference.
#9 - Mako.
thing is... its not even the poly of it that so bad, but rather the horrid shape that reminds me of a half eaten bananna, LMAO.

As for time to actualy look at it... well, you dont "race" race the whole time, do ya? I mess around with stuff after the race.
I hope that Eric not only tweaks almost every 3D model (adding polys, improving shapes, working on mapping and reflections etc), but also makes almost every texture editable - right now some things are fixed or shared between cars or parts of cars, and are mapped in an odd fashion (e.g. suits or the seats reflecting on each side)... That way we can make hi-res textures for each car much more easily, and not have FZ50 seats effect the XRT (or whatever)...

Please Eric, make us weep with joy!
#11 - wark
Quote from tristancliffe :FZ50 seats effect the XRT (or whatever)...

Is that what happens when you leave two seats alone in the back of a car? :magnify:
Umm, so do you guys have any news on this?
Exactly what kind of news do you expect us to have? Nothing can happen with the car interiors until the next incompatible patch comes out. Even then, there's no guarantee (or even indication) that we can expect improvements to the road cars. Only the GTR cars have been addressed by the devs, as far as we know.

All we can do is ask that they be improved and hope the devs listen and have time to do it.

Ditch The Knob?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG