The online racing simulator
Intel have spoken
(274 posts, started )
Intel have spoken
lol another example of big firms only after what they want again LFS started this BMW thing correct? and now Crapfactor gets it
GTR3 coming soon maybe BMW will go there next ( and i have no idea when GTR3 is coming it was a joke )
..if only LFS looked like rFactor..

LFS wouldn't have problems on the market like it does

(and no i'm not kidding)
#4 - Fetzo
Quote from XCNuse :..if only LFS looked like rFactor..

LFS wouldn't have problems on the market like it does

(and no i'm not kidding)

lfs has problems on the market?

on my pc lfs looks way better than rfactor, but i dont have a high end machine.
Can't blame Intel for choosing rFactor... afterall the had the bigger deal with a better looking car and a few official F1 circuits to go with it

This isn't about physics, it's about who markets their game in such a way that it takes it to the next level in news like this.... and quite frankly, LFS doesn't do squat for marketing their game unfortuneately. And we should act stunned LFS isn't mentioned in such things? Hell, it's a given.
#6 - Vain
Quote from Fetzo :lfs has problems on the market?

Considering it's poor content and development stage it actually has too much success.

Come on, where's the racing experience in fictional tracks, a temporary damage model, a temporary aero model, a temporary engine model, etc.
LFS is an early beta. A promise of a game to come. And that's the impression one gets from playing it. And that's very different from the 'ultimate racing experience'.

I see no big problem about it.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Considering it's poor content and development stage it actually has too much success.

Come on, where's the racing experience in fictional tracks, a temporary damage model, a temporary aero model, a temporary engine model, etc.
LFS is an early beta. A promise of a game to come. And that's the impression one gets from playing it. And that's very different from the 'ultimate racing experience'.

I see no big problem about it.

Vain

Yes, rFactor is crapola, and I am gonna have to agree with Vain, I just wish there was something "better" on the market than LFS, I am getting tired of LFS's development process
Quote from Tweaker :Can't blame Intel for choosing rFactor... afterall the had the bigger deal with a better looking car and a few official F1 circuits to go with it

This isn't about physics, it's about who markets their game in such a way that it takes it to the next level in news like this.... and quite frankly, LFS doesn't do squat for marketing their game unfortuneately. And we should act stunned LFS isn't mentioned in such things? Hell, it's a given.

Still there are more people that play LFS than RF. But it isn't really about that like you said it's all about marketing =)
Quote from Tweaker :Can't blame Intel for choosing rFactor...

Yes, rF is finished and supports modding.
It's hardly a shock than an incomplete product loses out to a complete one. Ask them again in a couple of years time and I think the outcome will be a little different.
-
(traxxion) DELETED by traxxion : not really contributing to the topic
Quote from Dajmin :Yes, rF is finished and supports modding.
It's hardly a shock than an incomplete product loses out to a complete one. Ask them again in a couple of years time and I think the outcome will be a little different.

I think so too, RF isn't the greatest when it comes to physics and FFB. I realize it's down to the mod but I haven't felt a mod yet that lightens the wheel up under oversteer conditions, which should at least happen in the extreme cases.
EA has spoken:
"Battlefield [insert number] is teh most realistic, bug-free and bestest game experience evah!"

It's just PR bs bought with cold hard cash.
Quote from Intel :The ultimate racing simulator experience for your PC

What ?
They should know better that NFS:Carbon is teh ultimate simulator experience, because you can have nitrous and neons
They just want to sell more C2Ds.

Quote from Intel :rFactor runs best with an Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6600-based PC.

"Live For Speed will run well on any machine made in the past 2 years" doesn't have the same advertising value
LFS is not growing fast enough to have that kind of interest.
LFS is the better sim but lets face it rFactor is taking over.
Quote from speedykev :LFS is not growing fast enough to have that kind of interest.

As has been proven in the marketplace for many, many things (betamax vs VHS for example), the better product isn't always the most successful or marketable.

TBH, LFS needs to pull it's finger out, the development process is far too slow regardless of the small dev team.
Quote from speedykev :LFS is not growing fast enough to have that kind of interest.

So far, yes. And I'm noticing Im not the only one losing interest in LFS due to slow development.
Quote from BurnOut69 :So far, yes. And I'm noticing Im not the only one losing interest in LFS due to slow development.

I have to say the same thing here, the MIF Team is nigh on dead due to that. We have been somewhat inventive and tried to have leagues and stuff, but there's just not enough movement on the project to keep us fully interested.

I've come back lately due to the CityLife project which I find adds a new twist to LFS and hopefully will keep me going until there is a good update to the game (not that the latest patch wasn't a good update, just not so much of the core stuff was updated, cars, tracks physics stuff like that).

I haven't played RFactor and don't intend to buy it, downloading the F1 demo for a eval though....
Quote from BurnOut69 :So far, yes. And I'm noticing Im not the only one losing interest in LFS due to slow development.

Phew, at least I am not alone
#21 - Vain
Quote from danowat :Phew, at least I am not alone

Of course not.
I never stop playing LFS because I'm done racing, but because I remembered how bad LFS is at it's current stage.
It sucks, but unfortunately there isn't a better product for my cause, which causes the frustration.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Of course not.
I never stop playing LFS because I'm done racing, but because I remembered how bad LFS is at it's current stage.
It sucks, but unfortunately there isn't a better product for my cause, which causes the frustration.

Vain

That's EXACTLY how I feel
I really don't think that there will ever be a better sim than LFS, rFactor is pleasent enough, but is nowhere near as playable as LFS
I woulnd't say LFs sucks. I don't play games or drive sims that suck. I agree that LFS has a lot unfinished stuff and most importantly it hasn't changed at all since it started with the first version years ago. Racing is still hotlapping, starts are still similar arcade floor-it-and-win like pretty much everything around it. And it is still miles ahead of its competitors.

And the all the reasons Intel chose rF have nothing to do with anything else than marketing. They would have chosen Need for speed if they had got a good contract. There simply aren't any good reasons why Intel should choose LFS.

Year per patch. Maybe there just isn't competition...

EDIT: and I still think the latest sound patch was complete crap. I have no idea how it got out but if people really liked it I guess you could say it proves a point. I say it was an easy way out to get "better" sounds, you can say it was a great improvement, as much as you could do while keeping it compatible.
Well I feel that LFS is slow at developing but I dont see that as an issue for me. At the current stage that we find our selves LFS is still a BETA but its the most playable and enjoyable BETA game i've ever played and because its already playable at this stage it just make me more excited of what LFS is actually going to develop into in a few years. I do feel your pain though too but I can still have loads of fun racing LFS than rfactor, gtr2 and other sims on pc.

I certainly dont think LFS sucks at this stage but yes there are a few things that need to be fixed and finished..

Intel can do whatever to sell more of their chips and rFactor can also do whatever they like to sell more games. When LFS is ready, it will outsell any of the sims on the market and it wont need too much of marketing to do it, its quality will shine through and word by word it will spread.

I am happy with my LFS and what ever LFS is going to be few years down the line I know it will be a great simulator with a great community.

btw.. that doesn't go to say i dont play any other games apart from LFS, i play loads of stuff including the very dated MBTR me loves trucks
so before you start calling me an LFS fanboy btw any one looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chadow of Chernobyl?

mad

Intel have spoken
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG