The online racing simulator
Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
it depends what view u use, different view, different lag, if u tweak the config(settings) ull find a combo that makes ror run good on ur pc (the readme contains settings to make it run better on older pc's)
Too bad it simply doesn't work for me, because the configurator crashes
Towing a trailer in 0.30 is still fun for a while though
Quote from herki :Too bad it simply doesn't work for me, because the configurator crashes
Towing a trailer in 0.30 is still fun for a while though

on the site theres a fix that if u dont have a joystick it crashes and with the fix it doesnt
Fun, interesting idea- but the chassis flex physics seem way too pronounced. Of course I reserve judgement on the game- it's hardly finished. Congratulations to the creator for trying something new.
Downloaded it, configured my G25, started it... No steering of course... :/

So I drove/flew with keyboard... Outcome: Managed to strand one boat, watered the truck I began with, completely wrecked the plane (ripped it apart in the air - flew a too tight corner I suppose), immobilized an AE86 (which I think was set to drift all the time - weird) by parking it on an armco, got bored with the tug boat and left it full throttle pointing straight away from the island to teleport myself into the trusty truck and jumped the speedboat onto the island using the quay (no collision model between objects - I flew straight through my trusty truck!)... After that, I went to bed...

Quite fun, no?
But hey, it's still infinitely better than the X Motor Racing demo, because fooling around with it is at least fun for a short time.
you guys are seriously missing the point of this game. But thats your loss not mine.
Quote from sil3ntwar :you guys are seriously missing the point of this game. But thats your loss not mine.

yep.
i quite enjoy just to drive around with certain vehicles, but my fav is still the Agora L
so much fun climbing up a hill on small streets
or using the rockcrawler and test again to finally make it all the way up the rock crawl path (which i still havent managed yet ).
this game is just to enjoy a bit driving...and thats about it
does anybody here know about truck editing ? the ship needs a few more rods on the engine to keep them from ripping themself off (quite fun to watch them disappear over the horizon though)
I have a WIP terrain, which I was waiting for 0.31 to be released since it has a big river! So, expect a new terrain/map up on the repository within the next few weeks!
Quote from sil3ntwar :you guys are seriously missing the point of this game. But thats your loss not mine.

I don't think I miss the point. It is to drive around in various vehicles. The majority of most real vehicles have a steering wheel to control said vehicle. The game doesn't recognise I'm giving any input from my wheel until it is about 90 degrees off center. I think the game is missing the point, not me...
The game is arse but by god it's fun arse.

LMAO when my Dodge rolled out the back of my plane while it was ascending. I must have forgotten to close the cargo ramp properly.

Anyway the car got caught up in one of the plane polygons causing the car to violently bounce around inside the plane for a few seconds. This in turn cause a catastrophic wing failure in my plane and the whole lot came crashing down in a big, fiery mess on the side of a mountain.

I could do this for hours...
yea its lotta fun.
i actually started to "crash" one wing on purpose and bring the plane down as soft as possible, but so far ive always crashed.
but 2 times i got the control back but i was already to low to lose some speed
Quote from kiss me :on the site theres a fix that if u dont have a joystick it crashes and with the fix it doesnt

Thanks! It wasn't there when I downloaded it
lol, look what ive managed.
flew the plane like earlier described, like a madman
acclerated up to 250 pulled it up and that is what happend, the wing just bend like crazy and didnt move any further, i could fly the plane just fine!
Attached images
broken wing.JPG
nah, i didnt even try to land it
i broke the wing completely a bit later and my plane was practically falling apart
wouldnt have been a big deal, as i said plane handled almost normal
#68 - JTbo
Quote from farcar :The game is arse but by god it's fun arse.

LMAO when my Dodge rolled out the back of my plane while it was ascending. I must have forgotten to close the cargo ramp properly.

Anyway the car got caught up in one of the plane polygons causing the car to violently bounce around inside the plane for a few seconds. This in turn cause a catastrophic wing failure in my plane and the whole lot came crashing down in a big, fiery mess on the side of a mountain.

I could do this for hours...

That teach you to secure your load first, hmm, can't remember which key it is, that is told only in some vehicle that takes those green cargo units in, I think, but almost every vehicle has possibility to secure the load, sometimes bit tricky.
Press "O" to secure the aircraft cargo.
Securing loads is for losers!
Here's a few screenies (jpegs) from my latest adventure.
Look at them in order for full effect.
Attached images
RoR 2007-03-13 21-49-53-23.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 21-52-09-64.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 21-58-18-17.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 21-59-39-31.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-00-11-23.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-01-43-68.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-01-56-67.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-02-40-20.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-02-58-09.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-03-02-59.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-03-04-65.JPG
RoR 2007-03-13 22-03-18-78.JPG
#71 - JTbo
Quote from farcar :Securing loads is for losers!

:ices_rofl You should start making RoR comic strips, gives great laughs
#72 - Vain
Unsecured cargo is loads of sun.
1. Put cars (of any amount) into cargo hold. Don't forget to apply parking brakes.
2. Take off.
3. Do a roll or looping.

Vain

Hahaha, bye car, bye truck

ugh, what fps u got with that?
even with 0.29 id get like 5 fps with that combo O_o (23 fps with the plane only)
#75 - JTbo
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :ugh, what fps u got with that?
even with 0.29 id get like 5 fps with that combo O_o (23 fps with the plane only)

What kind of machine you have? I think that 5fps is what I would get from such combo.

Also it is annoying how you get huge fps drop for just being close to some other vehicle.

Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG