The online racing simulator
Wacky F1 cars
(83 posts, started )
#76 - Gunn
Quote from deggis :Then again, with modern safety instructions cars could be more powerful and harder to handle (= highlighting real driver talent), without getting casualties on every year.

How would making the cars more dangerous in two ways prevent or reduce casualties?
-
(Michael Denham) DELETED by Michael Denham
#77 - DeKo
i think he meant that modern safety technology allows for higher speeds. E.G. a f1 car crashing at 200 mph is no big deal for the driver, but previously it used to be.
Quote from deggis :

Does anyone know for sure is this actual wing design

Broken, but that isn't the interesting thing about the picture. That photo was taken in the very short period where wings were attached to the car in a sensible fashion: feeding the load directly into the suspension uprights. Check it out, at least that broken rear wing in that photo. Today we can only imagine cars where the wheel rate requirements for mechanical grip are independent of the loads the aerodynamics feed into the chassis.
#79 - Smax
Errr Johnny come lately here... that'll teach me to take 3 months off LFS...

The Donington museum has well over 100 GP cars from the stretching right back over almost 100 years of history. Well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing. Alternatively you could just wait for an exhibition at the NEC to borrow a few
Attached images
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
That 73 Tyrrell is one sexy beast. It's probably my favourite F1 car of all time.
Quote from Smax :The Donington museum has well over 100 GP cars from the stretching right back over almost 100 years of history. Well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing.

Yep, the Donington Grand Prix Collection is a must visit for any F1 fan.

Here's some photos I took a few years ago.

Oh, and I'd better say hello, seeing as this my first post.
Quote from GTPdaan :
Oh, and I'd better say hello, seeing as this my first post.

Welcome to LFS' wonderful world
Quote from ajp71 :Those rules are out of date, the whole system of classing by weight/power was never used and the cars currently run with no weight limit and loose engine regulations. It offers a lot more freedom than other types of GT racing so a lot more components can be manufactured by teams rather than bought in.

I thought the rules were written by the British Anarchist Party for the benefit of people with old DTM and GT cars on their hands

Wacky F1 cars
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG