The online racing simulator
Some genius smashed his Veyron
(54 posts, started )
Oh my! Foolish man, I would give puddles a wide birth!
#27 - Davo
The guys at the panel beaters are gona have a ball with that car.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :i once had the privelege of seing one of these at Silverstone, aww what a beauty! and then to top it off, it did a couple of laps round the track. I think im in love :P

That's cool. I went to see the British GP in 1996 and they had a McLaren F1, an LM, and a race version on display there, and they had the standard road version do a couple of laps of the track. This car was the one that did 240mph in 1998 (registation K8 MCL). The first one I saw was the one in the Park Lane showroom in London in 1993. I was on a school trip, and that's all I remember from the trip now!
Attached images
1996_MCLAREN_F1.JPG
1996_MCLAREN_F1R.JPG
Funny thing is the guy rented the car for the day.. £20k.. the owner also paid over the odds for it £930k i read today. I wonder what crazy insurance company insured that
Why anyone would rent out a car like that, you know damn well what the idiots are going to do with it. I guess the £20k will go a long way to it's replacement: £20k Replacement.
There used to be a place you could rent subrau impreza's around my neck of the woods, there first one lasted 3 days lol, But that was a while ago when scoobys were first released,
BBC News article on the Veyron crash here, with some more pictures.
Quote from Becky Rose :Why anyone would rent out a car like that, you know damn well what the idiots are going to do with it. I guess the £20k will go a long way to it's replacement: £20k Replacement.

Converted to AUD that is about 49,000 odd aussie dollars, looking at the New Ford Focus XRT5 which appears to be the same car spec wise, http://www.ford.com.au/servlet ... gename=Page&c=DFYPage We can buy new for around 36,000 aussie dollars, weird hey

A lot of money for a 4 cyl turbo in anyones book
Well I didnt particularly shop around, but yes we do pay an aweful lot for cars over here. Basically the motor manufacturers have been outright ripping us off for years, and to say it is a conspiracy is absolutely true - because the marques act like a cartel in the British market.

Sadly we cant mass produce products in this country, apart from battery farms for Turkey's, so we pay over the odds for most things.
That and the fact we get taxed to shit on anything we buy. We pay over the odds because the importer pays a ton of taxes, then we pay a ton more to buy it off them. Plus with our currency being so strong it is a great country to rip people off in.
Am i the only one who thinks the veyron is pretty ugly? The all silver (mabey had some light blue in it) wasnt too bad, but this red and black looks horrible.

Sorry if offended a few fans, i know the car is incredible, and its definatley respectable, i just think the looks are horrible.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :i know the car is incredible, and its definatley respectable, i just think the looks are horrible.

I agree. But then these days pretty much all cars are ugly as sin.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I agree. But then these days pretty much all cars are ugly as sin.

I hate how they try to make all the new cars look all futuristic and stuff. Just stick with what looks GOOD, not what your idea of a flying car would be. Its really annoying.

Any new car designs i like? Very few. The M3 kept its styling, and still looks nice. G35 looks nice, EVO looks nice, and the R8 looks nice. The STI looked incredible from 02 to 05, untill they changed the front end to that ugly three nosed thingy magiger. Yeah theres more new cars that look alright, but the magority of them look like they were designed by a 4 year old.
I read this report in The Sun yesterday... ok it's may not be true but they said that according to the police report the Veyron was doing almost 100mph in a 30mph zone. It also hit a 7 month pregnant woman in an Astra, but she and the baby are fine.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I agree. But then these days pretty much all cars are ugly as sin.

Thankfully there are exceptions like this.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ah it could've been anything. Patch of diesel, bad bump, puddle, another car doing something stupid, whatever. That's why doing anything other than the speed limit on public roads is a stupid thing to do.

It could've been anything that caused the crash, but given that the TV news coverage had the estimated speed up at about 100mph (don't forget to factor out the sensationalism) and it's a wet road I don't think the driver was quite on the ball.

Your statement about the speed limit I don't agree with. I personally think it's perfectly safe to exceed 70mph on a motorway in good conditions (weather, traffic, etc), but I don't think it's safe to do 30mph outside a school at kicking out time.
Quote from Christofire :Your statement about the speed limit I don't agree with. I personally think it's perfectly safe to exceed 70mph on a motorway in good conditions (weather, traffic, etc),

That's about the only exception though. And I still wouldn't want to have an accident above 70mph, personally. Let's face it you can't travel on a motorway without sharing it with at least one dickhead driver.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's about the only exception though. And I still wouldn't want to have an accident above 70mph, personally. Let's face it you can't travel on a motorway without sharing it with at least one dickhead driver.

I'm puzzled. Why is 70mph fine but 71mph isn't?

If you're worried about other drivers perhaps learn to read them better? A lot of people I know used to complain that other drivers were idiots when they first started driving, but over the years most people find the odd one or two will make them sit up and look, but the rest have been spotted from miles off.

This is particularly true with bikers - ask a recently passed biker how many people tried to kill him/her on the last ride and there'll be at least one. Ask someone who's been riding for years and I bet that number will be lower.
Quote from Christofire :I'm puzzled. Why is 70mph fine but 71mph isn't?

Indeed, if 71 is OK, then why not 72, or 73, or 347mph. Do you want to have an entirely pedantic argument with me?

Quote from Christofire : If you're worried about other drivers perhaps learn to read them better?

Ah. Sorry. I forgot to put on my "I am a man and therefore the best driver in the world" hat before I entered this thread.
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(Leifde) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
-
(Biohazard) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam
Ahh, a speed limit debate.

Yeah, sometimes they're too low, sometimes they're too high but all in all they're right a lot of the time. Yes, you can drive down a motorway at 140mph at 3am but not a 5pm rush-hour. The speed limit is designed to cater for all conditions.

The physical roads themselves may be safe at higher than legal speeds, but the environment they are in which is full of people crossing the road, overtaking, parking, pulling out of junctions etc is not, which is why the speed limit down a straight piece of road is sometimes 40mph.

That's just my 2p. Generally, I stick to speed limits (never more than 5mph above as that's where the speed cameras are set) and always use my digital dash speedo which is more reliable than the analog one above it.
IMO the speed limit should go up to 80, simply because a lot of people take that as how fast they should go.

EDIT: On the motorway of course. All other speed limits should stay
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :i once had the privelege of seing one of these at Silverstone, aww what a beauty! and then to top it off, it did a couple of laps round the track. I think im in love :P

The one I saw at Goodwood didn't inspire me at all it was just a fat ugly lump that went pretty quickly in a straight line, nothing exciting or attractive though nor does it have any real sense of purpose which the McLaren has all of and the Enzo at least has the purposefulness. The Bugatti is a marketing tool and as a car all it does is let you travel in comfort at 250mph, now what possible use is that ever going to have apart from burn up some fuel and kill people?
It's also wayyyy faster to 3 figure speeds than any other supercar. You can question the point of it existing, but since when has there been a supercar which isn't pointless?
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's about the only exception though.

Not really, when I was using the old Shelby as a daily driver I hit 120 on the way to work, and 140 on the way back on any day it was dry - quiet straight-ish B roads with nothing either side, no problem I don't like doing that kinda speed on the motorway unless its 3am with no other vehicles in sight!

As for the Veryon - its ugly and not the fastest, most powerful, quickest or most luxurious production car; it's a compromise, a very very expensive compromise. For what it costs you could get cars that beat it in each of it's strengths.

Some genius smashed his Veyron
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG