TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
wow, I really haven't noticed that and now I checked there are my 3 latest pics there. All the others are overwritten

+1 to change that behavior in a future update...
possible bug??
Hi, I used the sound editor to load Davews sound pack, all went fine, I exit LFS, after a while played a little more, and the sounds were Davews.

So now is the possible bug?
In the garage, I happened to delete an old skin "color profile", and after that the sounds went to default, I select my car "color profile" again and default sounds were still there.

So I loaded the sound pack again

Maybe others could reproduce the problem ( if it's a problem, bug? )

Quote from SlamDunk :Noticed that the previous screen shots in \shots folder are overwritten if you restart LFS and start capturing images again. Can you please make it so that it just adds up?

Also reproduced this, and I know you don't want requests in this thread, but...

Is it possible that the shots are the resolution you are playing and not what you see?

Quote from Markz :You really shouldn't play LFS at your office...

I told you someone was going to tell me that !!!
I didn't have to re-unlock, but now with the new patch I keep getting sound clipping, either that, or my headphones blew out while I was extracting?
Quote from Pinto_PT :

Is it possible that the shots are the resolution you are playing and not what you see?

Ehm, don't get me wrong - but whats the difference between the resolution you play and the one you see?

Greets
Quote from SlamDunk :Noticed that the previous screen shots in \shots folder are overwritten if you restart LFS and start capturing images again. Can you please make it so that it just adds up?

I confirm this is a bug in the writing of cfg.txt - now fixed in my version.
illepall

He said in his version. Not in any released one...
Quote from Pinto_PT :In the garage, I happened to delete an old skin "color profile", and after that the sounds went to default, I select my car "color profile" again and default sounds were still there.

So I loaded the sound pack again

Maybe others could reproduce the problem ( if it's a problem, bug? )

Thanks, I reproduced this and it's now fixed in my version.
Quote from dewyl :STILL NOT FIXED

Please don't write so big, and do include a description in your text.

For anyone else who is reading, dewyl meant to say :

" There is still no ESC menu available when watching an MPR ".

I know that, it's not a bug, but something that does need doing so it's consistent with SPR's I need to make MPR's loop and add an escape menu. It's on my list and I don't need reminding. I never said it was fixed so I don't need your big red text shouting at me. You just make me less likely to devote the few days I need to do it, because you might think I'm rewarding you for shouting at me.
just keep on doing those great updates mate

theres a realy good progress from update to update...cant wait for the next incompatible (which will hopefully have some balance)

keep up the good work
realy enjoying V2 (except from screenshots being saved as .bmp's) :rolleyes:
Quote from Belain :realy enjoying V2 (except from screenshots being saved as .bmp's) :rolleyes:

Yeah that is crap, but it's the only save that DirectX 8.1 does.

I don't mind, as long as people don't start attaching uncompressed BMP to forum posts. Remember to convert them to JPG please, everyone!
I have a bug that is propably caused by S2.
Reproduction steps:
Start LFS 0.5V2
Go to singleplayer, Blackwood GP, select the XFG
Start a practice session
After starting, press shift+u to enter the autocross-editor
Select "Options" in the lower right corner
The screen flickers, the driver-model that should be viewable is sometimes cut in half (see first screenshot) and the car on the track can interfere with the model of the driver (second screenshot).
Use throttle and brake to incluence the flickering.

The procedure above is only *one* way to reproduce this. I had this occur to me originally on BL2 with the XRT.
The options screen works very well if I access it in a different manner (esc -> options), which leads me to believe that this is a software-internal problem.

Vain
Attached images
distort.jpg
distort2.jpg
Yeah, I can reproduce it as well, pretty nasty flickering.
found another bug in V and V2,

when leaving the message history enabled (shift+h) long messages overlay the textbox (T). See attachment.
Attached images
layers.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Yeah that is crap, but it's the only save that DirectX 8.1 does.

I don't mind, as long as people don't start attaching uncompressed BMP to forum posts. Remember to convert them to JPG please, everyone!

i dont know how hard this would be or if its even possible...but what about when lfs takes a screenshot have another program within lfs so to say that converts and compresses the bmp to jpg e.g. the moment it gets save?

and if that doesnt work lets just change over to DirectX 10 :P

j/k
Can't produce the flickering Vain mentioned. The driver figure does overlap with objects, but can't get any flickering on my Radeon 9600XT.
There could be a simple text file in the "shots" folder with a simple explanation why you shouldn't post bmp files. People will post the bmp's because they think that it is the official file format because that's the file format lfs uses

Would it possible that "shots" folder would be "screenshots" folder, or "screenies" if the lenght is an issue?
Ok i've tried to replicate the bug posted by Vain.

No flicker here but driver does get over lapped by objects. When the camera is at the lowest height in edit mode his legs go through the road.

graphics card radeon 9800pro
Latest omega drivers

mad
btw, i have a geforce 6800xt and have this flickering
Quote from Hyperactive :There could be a simple text file in the "shots" folder with a simple explanation why you shouldn't post bmp files. People will post the bmp's because they think that it is the official file format because that's the file format lfs uses

Would it possible that "shots" folder would be "screenshots" folder, or "screenies" if the lenght is an issue?

for the newbies fine but it would take a popup to explain/give a choise so it's much of an annoyance to all the screenshot generators. maybe it could be clicked like "don't show me this stuff ever again".

but then they just click and notknow.
Quote from kompa :for the newbies fine but it would take a popup to explain/give a choise so it's much of an annoyance to all the screenshot generators. maybe it could be clicked like "don't show me this stuff ever again".

but then they just click and notknow.

If there really is a problem Scawen will have to spend the 30 minutes to look up a random imaging library to include and pass the screenshot through before writing to the harddisc.
Until then we can just wait and see wether it is a problem at all.

Vain
one tiny "bug" thats been bugging me for a while now is that escape opens the options in the single player setup sceen instead of sending you back to the main menu
also shift+o doesnt work in the main menu
Does anyone have any freezing or small lockups with the new V patches? (V1 and V2). Because this happens on both of my systems, as well as my friends.

It happens in a few places of the game. When I join a multiplayer game, the game will freeze/lockup as soon as I am joined in and see the track. For a brief moment the game will lockup not moving at all, and you miss a lot of text messages in the process. Then once it resumes, "CHING CHING" (text flows in rapidly) the game resumes.

Also when exiting a multiplayer game, it takes time and locks up when trying to go back to the previous menus. The same thing happens in Singleplayer. And this isn't a random occurance, it happens everytime.

The lockups are for at least 6-10 seconds I'd say. It isn't fluid anymore.
Quote from Tweaker :
Also when exiting a multiplayer game, it takes time and locks up when trying to go back to the previous menus. The same thing happens in Singleplayer. And this isn't a random occurance, it happens everytime.

I'm having that. LFS takes like a small brake when I press the back button and it moves to the previous menu with long delay, I've had it for a while, thought it was my system getting slow. Not having that kind of issues with MP, but I do have another one. LFS only lets me connect one game per startup, and every time I exit a server and try to join a new game the connection doesn't work, and when I restart LFS it works again.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG