The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
I think he means a bit of lag stutter, though I never experienced any
Looks even better in motion
Just for those unfortunate enough not being able to try out V2
Attached images
MirrorRes.gif
Is there any way to specify the resolution (vertical and/or horizontal) or the field of view of the mirrors or are those parameters hard-coded?
I had to unlock also

People, hurry up... (no kidding)
Install the patch and unlock it before the end of February.
Why to spare your March unlock for just few hours?
Thanks for this one
How badly is performance affected by the higher resolution mirror? I don't have much FPS to spare
No framerate loss at all for me.
I had to unlock to
Quote from K.David :How badly is performance affected by the higher resolution mirror? I don't have much FPS to spare

I did a test right now.

Westhill-BF1. Me first and 10 AI behind me.
I saw NO difference at all with V and V2. 64 FPS at start/finish line on both occasions.

Tested on P4 3.2, 6800GT, 1GB ram
resolution: 1024x768x32bit, 16AF 8AA
love the mirrors ... some slider to set the resolution would be neat
#37 - Davo
+2, I want as much quality as possible. I like to read the MOVE NOOB! BLUE FLAG messages people have on their skins :P
How is the new patch? should I download?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :How is the new patch? should I download?

So far we haven't encountered any problems, only improvements. So yes I recommend downloading this test patch.
Scawen, Quick question, now that we have a Test Patch installed, will we get put on a "Test Patch" auto update cycle compared to the normal test patch cycle, or do we still haffto DL them manually?
i didn't have to unlock

but i notice a serious bug
if its even possible to do it again

this is what i did exactly so hopefully it is reproducable:
joined server online (SO Classic), went offline, changed track to KY National, went back and changed to KY National with cloudy afternoon (the track also started off at SO Classic, not the just previously chosen KY Nat), no button to let me join, i hit go and it said "a race is currently (active? i can't remember the last word it said)"
For what it's worth, I haven't been able to replicate XCNuse's bug.
Anyone else not being able to connect to master server? I try to unlock but when I put in my detail and hit unlock nothing happens, I dont even get the "cannot connect to master server" error, it just does nothing at all only pause at the screen where you hit the unlock button.
Could be a software firewall issue? Because the integrity of the file (checksum) got changed ofcourse because of the patch.
Scawen, the new 3:1 looking, looks brilliant if I had a third monitor. I think I might do some ****ing about later with another PCI videocard and see how sexy it looks.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen, the new 3:1 looking, looks brilliant if I had a third monitor. I think I might do some ****ing about later with another PCI videocard and see how sexy it looks.

Pay no attention to the Robot to your left. If you want an answer use........I trust guys with 75 K and above.
I don't know why, but my experience in multiplayer is much smoother than last time. The stuttering has disappeared and it is much faster overall. Great job Scavier
Hey cool mirrors!

Scawen I know you said not to request things here, but I just have to put this out there. When driving using the chase view, all the split times and warnings that appear on the screen block my view of the track and the car in front. Is there any way you can move them out of the way, maybe up towards the sky, so I can see the road in front?
#49 - shim
quick question..

with the /log=name.xxx command, is this useable within the dedi? might help some admins of why people are getting banned from servers and such if the owner is not about..
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen, Quick question, now that we have a Test Patch installed, will we get put on a "Test Patch" auto update cycle compared to the normal test patch cycle, or do we still haffto DL them manually?

AFAIK, the Test Patches are something you manually install, and the auto updater is for new releases that need to be installed in order to play online.

/me waits for the night when I try to play online and it says "Downloading Patch W"

Thx for the patch Scawen. Setup sorting helps a bunch, but I have soo many sets, it really needs sorting per track
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG