The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hey cool mirrors!

Scawen I know you said not to request things here, but I just have to put this out there. When driving using the chase view, all the split times and warnings that appear on the screen block my view of the track and the car in front. Is there any way you can move them out of the way, maybe up towards the sky, so I can see the road in front?

Similar issues have been reported to the improvement suggestions before also. They all are relevant with the custom HUD request, but for this particular, an option to customly assign vertically the postion of the messages and/or the chattbox would do the job.

Actually, I like them lower from their current position, so I can be focused down the road, without looking up to the sky to see my split time.

Quote from Tweaker :
Thx for the patch Scawen. Setup sorting helps a bunch, but I have soo many sets, it really needs sorting per track

Aren't we getting a little greedy? lol

ps
someone please remind us that "THIS IS NOT A REQUEST THREAD"
Well it is nice to have the sort option, but it is of no use for people that have loads of setups. Before the sorting was always by date, what good would it be to sort from A to Z when you have 30 some-odd setups on file? You'd still have to scroll for any latter setups in the list. I suppose it is just for those who know the name of the setup, but can't find it in their big list --- so the sorting alphabetically helps in that respect .
Did the tweaker work with V2?
#54 - avih
Quote from Tweaker :Well it is nice to have the sort option, but it is of no use for people that have loads of setups. Before the sorting was always by date, what good would it be to sort from A to Z when you have 30 some-odd setups on file? You'd still have to scroll for any latter setups in the list. I suppose it is just for those who know the name of the setup, but can't find it in their big list --- so the sorting alphabetically helps in that respect .

if you rename your sets such that the track name is at the start, then u can sort your sets by tracks...
^ I just wanted to suggest that. If you name all your setups in the most common way (starting with the track shortcut), then sorting by name actually groups them by track too.

Okay, a folder based setup system with a little place for notes on each setup would be nice, but the much faster implemented "sort by name" is already really helpful now.
Unable to Extract File
Hi - Just tried installing patch and I'm getting an error with the Extraction.

I Click the LFS-V2.exe File & an 'Extract to' box comes up, then Click Extract & getting error '7-zip' diagnostic message >> LFS-V2.exe is not supported archive.

Hmmmm - Am i missing something, could it be an associations issue? THX.
Its a great patch, the mirrors rock, and the sound stuttering has dissapeared for me (which is weird because I don't see anything about it in the changelog).
The only bug (or feature) I could find is if I load up a custom sound, it only loads it up for the current car, not for every car of the same class like in patch V.

Could someone confirm that?
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :Hi - Just tried installing patch and I'm getting an error with the Extraction.

I Click the LFS-V2.exe File & an 'Extract to' box comes up, then Click Extract & getting error '7-zip' diagnostic message >> LFS-V2.exe is not supported archive.

re-download the patch just in case.

Can you open the archive with winrar? (Right Click on it>Open With Winrar)
No cannot open it with winrar or winzip. Redownloaded afew times. the filesize is 1,016kb is this correct?

Is this a 7-Zip archive? Ill try install 7-Zip again. Thx.

EDIT - Just Reinstalled 7-Zip & rebooted, still getting same error. I just bet its something simple.

EDIT 2 - Tried clearing cache & re-dl, still getting error. Shockman, when i click the exe in the LFS directory a '7-Zip' extract box pops up, I click on extract & error - LFS-V2.exe not a supported format. Could someone confirm the filesize for me. Thx & sorry about all this, Its not a patch problem, but something at my end. Let me know if this is wrong place for this problem. Cheers

ALL FIXED NOW - THX - RESOLVED
I don't think you need any sort of unpacking. It is an exe file, so just place it in the LFS directory, double click it, and just press OK.

Edit: Your filesize seems to be correct - 1 040 567 B. Sorry mate, no idea what can be wrong here.
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :No cannot open it with winrar or winzip. Redownloaded afew times. the filesize is 1,016kb is this correct?

Is this a 7-Zip archive? Ill try install 7-Zip again. Thx.

EDIT - Just Reinstalled 7-Zip & rebooted, still getting same error. I just bet its something simple.

try clearing your browser cache, using a different browser or a download manager, that might help with redownloading
Quote from mikey_G :The only bug (or feature) I could find is if I load up a custom sound, it only loads it up for the current car, not for every car of the same class like in patch V.

Could someone confirm that?

We've had that bug for as long as /edit_eng has been known to everyone.
Quote from wheel4hummer :We've had that bug for as long as /edit_eng has been known to everyone.

It's not a bug. Each sound file is specific to a car, not a car class.

I've been using the virtual mirror because I couldn't move the real mirror over to the left far enough. I previously thought it was because of my FOV (60 degrees). Last night I switched to the real mirror to try it again and what do you know? When you move the slider right, it moves the mirror left, LOL. I guess I had always looked at the slider and though "hmm, the mirror is already over to the left.." Anyways, this was really the first time I've used the real mirrors, so I was wondering, was the mirror always that dark looking? The inside mirror I'm talking about, can't use the side mirrors as they are not in view at 60 degrees. The real mirror looked quite dark like it had some tint on it or something. The virtual mirror as I used previously was never like that.

For the first time, I had overwritten my current install of LFS with a patch. I had always copied LFS and patched the new install. After installing V2, I jumped online and had a weird stutter in framerate. It would drop about 15 frames every 3-4 seconds. I was bummed since I'm on dialup and remembered that I wouldn't be able to easily revert back to V (25 mb download IIRC or 5 autoupdates at 1-1.5 mb each to update my old U30 folder). Fortunate for me, I had an error on my internet logon which made me reboot. After the reboot I tried to see if I could downgrade my graphics to cover the 15 FPS loss, and when I logged back on before changing graphics, the stutter was gone. I just wanted to post that incase anyone else saw something similar.
im not sure if this has been reported before by anyone, i have noticed a strange thing, no matter if im in race or replay, the fov seems to changes even if its the same car. For example, (attachment) im in a FXO and the guy behind me called "Soundforge" as well. Now as you can see, the car is the same and i havend edited the value at all. I havend tried that with other cars so far and if you need the replay as well please let me know. It was already in patch V.

About the improvements:

Higher resolution image in mirrors
CTRL+S saves a screen shot to the shots folder
No need to type edit_eng before using sound editor

Those are my favorites

cheers
Attached files
shots.zip - 192.1 KB - 536 views
Tks for the update Glad to see the test patches flowing again, always great news!
No problems so far with this update
Man can't believe I only noticed there was a patch out now.. Do'h!

Anyway, downloaded it, extracted it, over written files, clicked run lfs and i get this error: attachment

Guessing it is a window error but i have never ever seen a error like this before..

mad
Attached images
error.jpg
error2.jpg
Quote from mrodgers :It's not a bug. Each sound file is specific to a car, not a car class.

You are right and wrong at the same time. If you are on a XFG-only server, and you change the sound of one XFG, the rest of the XFGs do not change. It is a bug...
Me saying that it doesn't change with the car class was dumb, poor choice of words.
I meant that if I set a sound for AI1 in a fxo, AI2 in a fxo keeps using the default sound set.
So you have the same car type, but each one sounds different.
Quote from wheel4hummer :You are right and wrong at the same time. If you are on a XFG-only server, and you change the sound of one XFG, the rest of the XFGs do not change. It is a bug...

Why is it a bug? Maybe it was meant to be like that? Perhaps the non-local cars' sound is loaded when joining, and not thereafter changeable, whilst the local car is updated in real time.

Just because it doesn't do what you expect it to do doesn't mean it's a bug.
if you read my first post about this tristan, i said it could be a bug or a feature...
My post wasn't directed at you but Wheel4Hummer. Have edited my post to make that clearer.
#72 - JTbo
Quote from tristancliffe :Why is it a bug? Maybe it was meant to be like that? Perhaps the non-local cars' sound is loaded when joining, and not thereafter changeable, whilst the local car is updated in real time.

Just because it doesn't do what you expect it to do doesn't mean it's a bug.

Also, what about if car sounds are bit like skins, you change sound of your car and it does sound then same at your and in other's machines, making your car sound individual, so we can hear who it is trying to overtake without even looking Now that would be quite nice feature, imo.
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :Hi - Just tried installing patch and I'm getting an error with the Extraction.

I get the same message, and I've tried all the hind and tips given in this thread. Would be helpful if the files could be distributed like proper .ZIP or .RAR files
repackaged to zip for anyone whos having problems
Attached files
LFS_V2_TEST.zip - 1.2 MB - 276 views
Thankyou
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V2 (compatible with V)
(198 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG