The online racing simulator
Thats a classic one

Plant a tree everytime you fart thisnameistaken, problem solved. Its by no means a solution, but its the best we have for now until governments stop spending money on illegal wars and invest in long term solutions.

EDIT: we are actually already commited to a rise in temperature over the next 10-20 years, whatever we do now won't have any short term effect on that. It worries me because I have a loft room...and our house is next to some woods with very tall old trees...
Well Hondas plan is working... everyone is talking about their car... it's all about publicity.
Quote from nikimere :Well Hondas plan is working... everyone is talking about their car... it's all about publicity.

They need people talking about their F1 livery now because judging by their testing performance once the season starts you won't see that car again.
Formula 1 and the Earth just don't blend. I bet Al Gore wont be happy about this car.
#55 - aoun
if they start winning races, i wouldnt give a shit about the skin anymore, but right now its fukked!!
F1 is the most advanced form of motorsport and many of the technological advances end up in every day cars. There have been rules drawn up to make F1 regulations greener in the near future, to encourage teams to develop alternative fuels and power sources. The FIA have been trying to tackle the enviromental impact of motorsport well before it was 'cool' to care about the enviroment, like i said before F1 has been carbon neutral for 10 years.

I would like to see more American motorsports following this, they don't even seem to be considering alternative fuels. The BTCC is another great series for promoting greener cars with the bio-fuel Astras.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :F1 is the most advanced form of motorsport and many of the technological advances end up in every day cars. There have been rules drawn up to make F1 regulations greener in the near future, to encourage teams to develop alternative fuels and power sources.

That's all well and good, if and only if those technologies make the transition to road cars and actually make more savings that the losses incurred by touring the F1 circus all over the globe in the time it took to come up with them.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :like i said before F1 has been carbon neutral for 10 years.

And offsetting is a cop-out.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Thats a classic one

Plant a tree everytime you fart thisnameistaken, problem solved. Its by no means a solution, but its the best we have for now until governments stop spending money on illegal wars and invest in long term solutions.

Oh god, I ate onions this afternoon, can anyone donate a few trees please? I'm in serious need!
#59 - J.B.
I can just imagine the discussion in Honda Marketing: "What do you think, if we put a green paint job on our petrol-guzzling, worldwide jetting, 800 bhp enviroment polluters, would that be enough to make people believe F1 is green, even without any technology to back it up?"

For some people in this thread it seems to have worked. In fact it seems to have worked in general as the average reaction seems to be "WTF, it's ugly!" instead of "WTF, where is green technology in F1?". Maybe they made it ugly on purpose?
Quote from J.B. :I can just imagine the discussion in Honda Marketing: "What do you think, if we put a green paint job on our petrol-guzzling, worldwide jetting, 800 bhp enviroment polluters, would that be enough to make people believe F1 is green, even without any technology to back it up?"

It's not about making F1 or even more specifically Honada F1 look green, it's about making the brand look green, which it does... kinda... I mean they are spending a lot of money researchiong and developing more environmentally friendly modes of transport.
It's all about Honda's brand image and pretty much noithing to do with F1, well apart from the obvious anyway.
#61 - JTbo
Ah, site is now open, they collect your money and promise spot in F1 car, don't really see benefit to environment but general environmental momentum is used to collect money. Same thing as governments are requiring people to get new cars, which is not as good to environment as getting old one converted or launch new fuels. Greed people, greed world.
#62 - JJ72
It's interesting, I can't recall a livery causing so much fuss that someone has to come out and defend it.

from F1-live

"Honda chiefs reacted stoically to criticism that the 'Earth Car' concept for 2007 is ill founded.

Critics reacted almost instantly to the unveiling on Monday of the sponsorless car, suggesting that it is an insincere and deceptive gesture that indicates more about Honda's financial situation and lack of focus than its interest in environmental issues.

"The fact remains that 94 per cent of the people we polled thought it was a good idea," Team Principal Nick Fry insisted.

Referring to the environmental challenge, he added: "Formula one has to change or it will wither on the vine and become extinct."

To the Sun newspaper, he rejected the 'insincere' objection by declaring Honda's environmental credentials and revealed: "We are now looking into the possibility of having solar panels fitted to the roofs of the team's motor homes at the races.
Cliquez ici...
"

Jenson Button was also on-message as he denied that only the loss of tobacco sponsor Lucky Strike led Honda to seek a new path in 2007.

"Actually we have an extra eleven sponsors this year compared to last year," the 27-year-old insisted, "and that's because they want to get involved in this idea and raise awareness."

Button said the Honda campaign had already opened his eyes to the global issue.

"Now I make a point of doing little things to help the environment," he revealed. "I always switch off my television rather than leave it on stand-by….""
Quote from Nick Fry :
"To the Sun newspaper, he rejected the 'insincere' objection by declaring Honda's environmental credentials and revealed: "We are now looking into the possibility of having solar panels fitted to the roofs of the team's motor homes at the races."

I'm looking into the possibility of stuff like that too. And there are other... possibilities, to do with the environment, that I'm also pretty much looking into. How do you like those credentials? *paints earth on self*

Nick Fry reminds me of a Labour politician. He makes David Milliband look sincere.
#64 - JTbo
I'm looking into cold fusion, that is good for environment and helps more than anything
Quote from JTbo :I'm looking into cold fusion, that is good for environment and helps more than anything

We should pool our resources so we can achieve it faster. I've made a drawing of a futuristic power station in blue crayon, I'll fax it over.
#66 - J.B.
Quote from nikimere :It's not about making F1 or even more specifically Honada F1 look green, it's about making the brand look green, which it does... kinda... I mean they are spending a lot of money researchiong and developing more environmentally friendly modes of transport.
It's all about Honda's brand image and pretty much noithing to do with F1, well apart from the obvious anyway.

I know that's how we're supposed to see it but I can't get my head around that logic. It's like the army putting pictures of people holding hands on their tanks. They should have waited until some of the planned technologies were actually being used in F1.

Quote from Nick Fry :"We are now looking into the possibility of having solar panels fitted to the roofs of the team's motor homes at the races."

lol. If they only use them on the weekends it will only take about half a century to produce the same amount of power that it took to make the panels.
Solar panels are bad for the environment, so not exactly a good thing.

Quote from thisnameistaken :We should pool our resources so we can achieve it faster. I've made a drawing of a futuristic power station in blue crayon, I'll fax it over.

Faxing is bad for the environment too, so it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot (with the pain metered out over thousands of years and countless generations).

Edit: Did I say faxing? Hmmm, maybe I meant something else, but surely THAT isn't bad for the environment (short of creating more people).
#68 - JTbo
Quote from tristancliffe :Solar panels are bad for the environment, so not exactly a good thing.

Faxing is bad for the environment too, so it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot (with the pain metered out over thousands of years and countless generations).

Edit: Did I say faxing? Hmmm, maybe I meant something else, but surely THAT isn't bad for the environment (short of creating more people).

However farting is bad for environment, one good long fart is releasing enough harmful green house gas that it is same as driving long trip in a car
Quote from tristancliffe :Edit: Did I say faxing? Hmmm, maybe I meant something else, but surely THAT isn't bad for the environment (short of creating more people).

Actually... What do we do when the population of a single species gets out of control and threatens to do long-term or permanent damage to its ecosystem?

Cull! Let's start with Nick Fry's head on a stick. We can call it Stick Fry.
Has anyone else ever thought that Nick Fry's head looks like an anvil has been dropped on it from a great height? It just seems to flat and low relative to his other features. I know I've got quite a square, flattish head, but he takes it to a whole new level of squashedness.
Well i made a donation of £5 and said i would turn my heating down 1 degree, which i'll do this evening when i get home.
Anyone else done this? I didn't get a preview of how my name would look or anything...
#72 - JTbo
Quote from nikimere :Well i made a donation of £5 and said i would turn my heating down 1 degree, which i'll do this evening when i get home.
Anyone else done this? I didn't get a preview of how my name would look or anything...

I prefer to keep my money in my hands where I can make sure that they effect environment how I like to.

Have had all my lights energy saving type for over an year already, my overall energy usage and overall stress to environment is rather small compared to average as I don't believe that new is better than old, also I drive less than 2000 miles in a year. I'm nightmare of capitalists as I really don't consume if I really need something I get it, but I'm not going to get something because someone has it or it is cool or anything like that.

Also I have planned few ways to make my driving less negative for environment, but so far our laws are against small things that I could do, it would cost nearly 10 times more in a year at the moment so guess I have to be not so green.
Quote :
"Now I make a point of doing little things to help the environment," he revealed. "I always switch off my television rather than leave it on stand-by….""

Only cos it makes the electric bill cheaper, the tight git.
Hmm, not sure about this skin. I saw it and laughed; what an ugly skin. Although after spinning it around a few times I think it looks OK: http://www.myearthdream.com/#root/rotation
It'll look more like a light blue/black combo at high speed.

Skinning it would be a nightmare, and as I said on another part of the forum, I don't really have time to skin this season's cars. So good luck to whoever is brave enought to give it a shot.
To whoever said it uses Google Earth for the image, my Google Earth looks nothing like that of the car.

Its quite funny how this thread turned into a debate over global warming/CO2 emissions, etc
I guess thats the intention of the Honda.
Quote from JJ72 :"We are now looking into the possibility of having solar panels fitted to the roofs of the team's motor homes at the races."

great idea why not put more stuff on them thats the exact opposite of envitronmentally friendly ?

Quote from J.B. :lol. If they only use them on the weekends it will only take about half a century to produce the same amount of power that it took to make the panels.

thats the thing ... on average solar panels never produce as much power as used in production

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG