The online racing simulator
Quote from JTbo :However farting is bad for environment, one good long fart is releasing enough harmful green house gas that it is same as driving long trip in a car

But its SOOO worth it.

edit: Its all well and good being energy effecent and green at home, but that isn't the problem. Its massive factories (like honda?) Pumping out tons of harmful gasses, and dodgy chemicals. Everyone in the world could go green, but it won't make one spot of difference intill the big companies start properly sorting thier act out (instead of planting trees for PR).
#77 - JTbo
Quote from fragile_dog :But its SOOO worth it.

edit: Its all well and good being energy effecent and green at home, but that isn't the problem. Its massive factories (like honda?) Pumping out tons of harmful gasses, and dodgy chemicals. Everyone in the world could go green, but it won't make one spot of difference intill the big companies start properly sorting thier act out (instead of planting trees for PR).

Someone claimed that Toyota's some factory is now producing only 20% of harmful stuff from 2001 level. But we don't know how much that was at 2001

I have studied quite bit of this so modern CO2 thing in our country and traffic is somewhere around 13%, industry, heating and farming are rest. I don't see much point of cutting huge amount from traffic as it is more trouble than worth really, also our country is so small that if we stop driving completely it won't even show up on Europe's statistic. Also I don't understand this fuzz about CO2 when there are some other things where we can do so much more.

Also think about those big trucks, they use easily 40l diesel for 100km and they drive really a lot in a year, some new ideas to replace those would be nice but as they are making money there is no big interest to do nothing about that, same thing with big factories, they make money and so are not under line of fire first. Of course this free world means that if they have to pay more or invest more here they move to China or something. Our freedom is partly causing bad for environment.

But I like my energy saving lamps, also from new fridge that is low power model, my electric bill is only half from what it was before and electric prices have gone up like rocket from bit over year when I made these small changes, really can't complain when investments return at this rate
Personally I feel that we need to change energy and fossil fuel usage, whether global warming is happening or not we'll run out someday and the current world is unsustainable. I don't feel so called 'green' things are the way to go a lot of recycling is pointless and a waste of energy, packaging should be made from materials that are sustainable and have a viable recycling factor, not just more plastic/oil based products.

Green has become an excuse for so much, one of the worst has to be the current US promotion of bioethanol, which has been branded a green fuel despite the fact emissions are equivalent to petrol and it takes 2/3 gallon of diesel to produce 1 gallon of the stuff and you need more of it to do the same, how is that meant to help the environment? Typical 'green' covering political/marketing objectives.

IMO pouring money into green things isn't the right way to go most of the supposed green power sources are TBH a waste of time and money. I feel that if the money was instead invested into developing better techniques for the disposal of nuclear waste then nuclear power could offer a much cleaner and in reality safe means of power.
#79 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :Personally I feel that we need to change energy and fossil fuel usage, whether global warming is happening or not we'll run out someday and the current world is unsustainable. I don't feel so called 'green' things are the way to go a lot of recycling is pointless and a waste of energy, packaging should be made from materials that are sustainable and have a viable recycling factor, not just more plastic/oil based products.

Green has become an excuse for so much, one of the worst has to be the current US promotion of bioethanol, which has been branded a green fuel despite the fact emissions are equivalent to petrol and it takes 2/3 gallon of diesel to produce 1 gallon of the stuff and you need more of it to do the same, how is that meant to help the environment? Typical 'green' covering political/marketing objectives.

IMO pouring money into green things isn't the right way to go most of the supposed green power sources are TBH a waste of time and money. I feel that if the money was instead invested into developing better techniques for the disposal of nuclear waste then nuclear power could offer a much cleaner and in reality safe means of power.

Ethanol can be better really, when you plant something to make ethanol it does clean CO2 emissions. It did also not produce any of some poison which I can't now remember again, but anyway quite marginal i some ways indeed.

However CO2 is not worse thing around, it is just something that sells now, also there is horrible things that are going to end up as laws by this, eventually causing more harm than good to environment, indeed very much of things that one need to be careful about.

Once came across to site where they did try to proof that increase of CO2 level is because there are now so much more people and because their breathing will produce it. Together with deforestation can be quite big effect indeed, cars produce less of it for example, then think about all animals etc.

Very much right are those opinions of yours, I feel bit of same way indeed. Insane consuming and spending of resources should be one of things to stopped first, surely one of largest effects.
but insane consuming and spending of resources makes too much money for big companies :X. And trees don't actually convert that much co2, most of it is consumed by alge in the seas/lakes etc. Althrough thats starting to die off as well :/.
I think that this new Honda F1 paint-job looks A_mazing, i first saw on TV and loved it, look's really detailed and soo different from the others, it has good contrast, i give it a 9.2 rating.
I think Honda are doing this as an FIA-funded stunt to distract us all from the dawning realisation that Felipe "charisma" Massa is going to walk the championship.
#83 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think Honda are doing this as an FIA-funded stunt to distract us all from the dawning realisation that Felipe "charisma" Massa is going to walk the championship.

Could be

I always mix up Massa to this guy, don't know why really
Quote from JTbo :Could be

I always mix up Massa to this guy, don't know why really

Ouch. Was that Pizzonia? Lucky he didn't have any passengers in the back - the roof at the rear got mashed.

I really enjoyed seeing Massa's performance in Brazil last year, wearing the flag on his suit and stuff, that was nice. But it's the only time I've ever seen him demonstrate that he has a personality.
#85 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ouch. Was that Pizzonia? Lucky he didn't have any passengers in the back - the roof at the rear got mashed.

I really enjoyed seeing Massa's performance in Brazil last year, wearing the flag on his suit and stuff, that was nice. But it's the only time I've ever seen him demonstrate that he has a personality.

Yes, Pizzonia, he got fired from Jaguar mid season if I don't recall it wrong, but anyway he left from Jaguar very shortly after that accident, I wonder why

Kovalainen, FTW
I think it looks pretty damn cool. Even though it's an odd idea to put a globe on an F1 car..
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ouch. Was that Pizzonia? Lucky he didn't have any passengers in the back - the roof at the rear got mashed.

He actually did have a passenger in the back right seat of the car, you can see his arm moving and then his head above the seat on the last camera inside that is facing the rear of the car.
Quote from JTbo :Ethanol can be better really, when you plant something to make ethanol it does clean CO2 emissions. It did also not produce any of some poison which I can't now remember again, but anyway quite marginal i some ways indeed.

Should be pointed out this is the new government supported ethanol production in the US, not sugar cane grown in South America. IIRC they can't grow the better crops in the US so there's less yield than in other parts of the world. Anyway the point was they use 2/3 gallon of diesel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol, which is similar to diesel in terms of pollution and is a little less economical. So basically it's far better to just burn fossil fuels atm but the US is supporting this to reduce its reliance on imported fuel and using 'green' as a blanket cover.
This is a different take on global warming, although as it doesn't allow for the new big money theory of carbon credits it will receive no official support.

After all, why pay any attention to observable science when theres money to be made.

"Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

'Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural and not a human-induced cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory. Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Mars, too, appears to be enjoying more mild and balmy temperatures.

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.'

This view is not 'controversial' at all, except among those who would believe that George Bush is a fairy if enough people in 'authority' told them so. As I said in last week's newsletter, the global warming-is-caused-by-carbon dioxide theory is unsustainable and, at the highest level, a scam. It is caused by changing energy emissions from the sun, hence this story about Mars. Colin Wilson, a planetary physicist at England's Oxford University, said the sun explanation for global warming was 'completely at odds with the mainstream scientific opinion'.
#90 - JJ72
you can't rule out human input just because there is also a natural cause. Logically, both can happen in the same time,in different degree of importance.

And one thing that is obvious is that, the climate change have a negative impact on our livelihood. So if we can understand the role of human input, and counter balance the effect of the natural cause, it would be benefitial to mankind as well.
#91 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :Should be pointed out this is the new government supported ethanol production in the US, not sugar cane grown in South America. IIRC they can't grow the better crops in the US so there's less yield than in other parts of the world. Anyway the point was they use 2/3 gallon of diesel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol, which is similar to diesel in terms of pollution and is a little less economical. So basically it's far better to just burn fossil fuels atm but the US is supporting this to reduce its reliance on imported fuel and using 'green' as a blanket cover.

And they don't need to burn diesel for that, vegetable oil can be used instead of diesel so when plants grow they consume that CO2 that comes when fuel is burned, other emissions surely still remains.

Surely green is used as blanket cover in many things, all talk of CO2 is using that green blanket cover, imo. They put some silly rules trough with that, where you can't soon drive older car, but buy new one every 2 years and save the planet illepall
I have to say after last weeks GP i thought it looked great. No corperate sponsors (except on tyres, and when going 180Mph+ who can read that!!!). I may try that skin to see if i can make it. Be quite tricky finding a decent image of the earth and then matching it up. Wheres gooby(i think he was responsible fior the top notch F1 skins) when you need him?

Keep going Honda its different and I like it (but go DC race hard but try not to crash out every race, you got my vot RBR and DC)
Quote from tristancliffe :
I agree with you mate, entirely. It's mostly a load of cobblers, with no real scientific evidence to support it in my opinion.

Yip got my vote and there was me about to slash your reply with some load of "but really" and "Yer but no but". but i noticed the white text last minute. Sorry
*bump*
Quote from TFalke55 :Well, i do not think that it is as ugly as you all discribed it. Well it isn't the nicest, but not the worst. I think it is quiet interesting to see a Formula One Team choosing a livery like that.
I think we will be all waiting to see Gobby's work of the new Honda.
And by the way if you have not got a HDTV you will only see something blue-green running around the circuit.

I Agree. I like it. Iron Madien is working his ass off trying to make the skin. Atleast give Honda credit for it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG