The online racing simulator
STCC6 - Blackwood GP Reversed
(52 posts, started )
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my great pleasure to announce your host for this evenings entertainment, the one, the only, the Sim Touring Car Cup...

[canned applause sound effect]

This race blows the whole championship wide open, and continues to surprise even after the chequered flag has fallen...

Videos
High Quality (big) Download
Low Quality (small) Download
Google Video
You Tube

Photos
http://www.simtouringcarcup.com/gallery/round6/index.html

Mind Numbing Statistics SPOILER
http://www.simtouringcarcup.com/results/index.php
Weeeeeeeeeeee...

Downloading....
#3 - Davo
Downloading, 40minutes to go..
I enjoyed watching that! Nice commentating, great race! Would be good if all the split times were displayed.

This should be live on television. Who cares about real life races anyway hehe.

Did the accident happen just so you can bring up Logitech?
Good job again

9.99/10
Cant wait.

Have to do just that for 1 hour, though.
#7 - Davo
Great broadcast with some awesome action. Good to see some new comers getting top marks
downloading....
Great job once again =) THey keep getting better and better =)
#10 - Nobo
FIrst time i saw this, its just awesome.
6 minutes, 55 seconds to go according to last check. I love fast connections

(I will add a comment here once i've watched it )
I wasn't aware Blackwood's hill on the straight was so high
It was as if I was watching TV, well done
Excellent video! Again, this seems to be the best so far. Every month the videos get better and better. The announcing was excellent and had a more relaxed feel. Becky - I think you're finally now getting comfortable with being an announcer, or at least it seems that way from a listener's point of view. Great camera work as always and the overlays are, as always, excellent as well. My only criticism would be that the announcing is still a bit wavering in the quality department with a noticeable "bathroom echo" at times. But that's a small niggle. I was a bit bummed to see the FXOs so dominant, as always. I expected it at a high speed track like Blackwood, but all the RB4s up front at the start made me think that maybe the FXO spell would be broken this round after all.

Overall excellent job! I can't wait to see the next round and hear the steward's judgement. It's like a racing soap opera now! I'll have my popcorn handy for next week.

Edit: Looks like I won't have to wait. I saw the race results on the STCC site. Is there anywhere to read explanation for warnings and penalties? ie: why a driver was warned/penalized, what lap the infraction occurred, what the penalty was, etc?
Very, very, very good broadcast - the best so far imo.

I was a little disapointed at the lack of interviews at the end.

What was Redman's beef and what was the steward enquiry...I need links people!!
Thank you, and yes you can get all the information early by sifting through the stewarding forums and if you want you can even download the replays and watch.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain : Beaten by Becky
Another stunningly professional, and thoroughly entertaining watch.

Picky request:

I'd like to see the "guidance/corner name" track lap and commentry done in the safety car.
This was actually the first STCC video i've watched and I can say I was very impressed. Great commentating throughout the whole race and some very good racing.

10/10!
And A huge well done for getting the Logitech sponsorship
I'm a bit confused. The video shows Driver A as winning the feature race with Driver B placing second. But the STCC site shows Driver A as receiving a penalty, putting Driver B in 1st. However; I only see a penalty for Driver A in the 2nd heat round, not the feature race. Do penalties from the heat rounds carry over to the feature race?

edited to remove spoilers.
#20 - Vain
1. Penalties are for events. That means over the complete day you gather all warnings and penalties.
2. Don't spoiler!

Vain
downloading @ 6.53Kbps from a 10mbps line only 27 hours to go
first of all grats on the logitech deal

secondly grats on getting the aa right it really does looks sweet now - no idea what you did but it worked

and kudos to the drivers for making this one hell of an exciting race

few more comments:
- "[canned applause sound effect]" glad you got rid of that
- the commentary could use a higher level in relation to the ingame sound on scenes close to the track
- becky sounds a little like shes sitting in a tin can and theres a very obvious lag in the voice com you used but otherwise the sound quality is top notch
- you two make a good commentator duo - but tristan appears to be a little intimidated
- text in red looks really bad for some reason
- the video is a little choppy here and there
- a coulourless stcc overlay would look better and more professional imho
- the video should get a higher max bitrate and/or more passes for the encoder - theres some blocking on the high motion bumper cam scenes which isnt on par with the rest of the (high) video quality

in general an improvement over the last one - glad to see your production quality is still going up
Every time it just going bether and bether, this is pure 10/10

Soon we will see 11/10
Excellent job on the video, and Gratz on the logitech deal
Another good coverage indeed Again an improvement over last time, so that's great to see!

As for improvement suggestions, I agree with most of what Shotglass mentioned above... especially the fact that the video was a bit choppy from time to time was a bit "disturbing".
And I've found one obvious mistake: H. Piiriste isn't - although he has replaced T. Arends who is - Dutch. He's from Estonia, would be great to see that corrected in next race's coverage.

Anyway, good job again, looking forward to the next one

(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG